Dobyns Bennett vs. Sullivan South 2010

2000southreb81

I thought South really came to play and surprised many with how they stayed with DB for 4 quarters. They are better than many thought. All the penalties against DB for the most part did have an impact on the score though but Souths effort was key. Hate to see games called like this. Passing game for DB was not sharp as many receivers were missed and open the whole game with that speed. Indians will have to pass the ball with more consistancy to advance far in playoffs. With the speed that DB looks to have in the secondary, not sure why they play so far off the receivers (10 to 15 yds.) at times. Think this and the punting game is something that needs work for them to advance to Cookeville. Not sure why they line up like they do on punts other than they realize this is a weakness and trying to disguise it with the formation although it wasn't an issue against South. If South gets up for the teams they have remaining on their schedule like they did for the Indians then they shouldn't lose again until playoffs. I would have to think they beat GC by 21 if they played with the same intensity as they did against the Indians. Have to mention the two hits by #32. Those were by far the best hits that I have ever seen in many years of watching HS football. You have to enjoy hits like that no matter who you are pulling for to win. Fun game to watch and best of luck to both teams the rest of the season.

Indians will have to pass the ball with more consistancy to advance far in playoffs.

This. Underline it and highlight it because this will define the season a few weeks from now. I hope GC will throw more the next few games because Seabolt and the receiers need the practice. Personally, I have my doubts about our ability to do this well enough to beat a Maryville or a Bearden, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

This. Underline it and highlight it because this will define the season a few weeks from now. I hope GC will throw more the next few games because Seabolt and the receiers need the practice. Personally, I have my doubts about our ability to do this well enough to beat a Maryville or a Bearden, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

Forget about Cookeville. We might be able to get by Bearden by stoping Devin Young and outscoring them. But we have to far to go with our secondary problems to get past Maryville. They have a quarterback and two receivers that would make South's look like pee-wee league. The cat is out of the bag. This is not the year. As far as our passing game goes I think Seabolt just had a off night. He was either overthrowing or underthrowing his "wide open receivers" most of the night. But when it came cruntch time he hit Swafford with a perfect pass for a TD in the forth qtr.

Edited by WaCoJaCo

Look POSER, I'll talk about what I want on these boards. I have given South their props. South's players didn't have anything to do with the refs. They didn't hand pick them. I'll move on when I feel like it. You can be a big boy and tell me to shut up on a message board but you won't do it to my face more than once.

In this corner , standing 6'9"and weighing in at 343.Wearing the Maroon and Grey ,let's welcome WAAACOOOJAACOOOO !!!the undisputed champion of coachT. Now in this corner,standing at heights unknown and wearing colors that are faded and unknown as well.let's welcome the POOOSSSer

To keep football the main topic of discussion, I was impressed with Seabolt. He is an expert at hiding the ball as well as making split second decisions of what to do with the ball. He may have had a bad night throwing the ball but I think that is only because GC doesn't let him do it enough. In my opinion he should be throwing the ball much more. Between Cannon and Steele he really doesn't need more recievers even though when CS ran an electric route straight up the gut into the endzone it surprised all except the South defender who read the play. I don't see that play getting read very often. It was such an explosion of speed that he was where he was supposed to be in record time and the pass was on the money. South just defended it good. So that makes 3 good recievers. That's not counting the TE and Swafford. That gives DB as powerful a passing game as anyone. They just need to use it more. The time will come when DB's running game will be tested. I would like to think they have another avenue to success. Just need to use it more.

Here are the facts and if you don't believe it your an idiot. South prepared well for DB. For the first time in 18 yrs. they came in with confidence and not scared. They had a good game plan and executed well. Now, the truth about DB. DB came out flat, probably did'nt have a good week of practise and underestimated South. Poor execution in the passing game early with over throws and dropped passes. The line struggled and did'nt play very well. All this crap really pisses me off because it gives me bad visions of things to happen later on. Been here too many times before. We've got to get an attitude and play like the #3 team in the state instead of the #23 team in the state. As far as the refs. Unless you are from DB you don't truly understand how bad the refs. are against us everywhere we go. Everybody likes to root for the underdog from time to time, but this is what we get from the zebras every week because we have won the most games in Tennessee history. I have seen it all year. Likewise i've seen calls against other schools that were bad but not even close as many that we get. I mean, did anybody notice how delibberate the signal was on the holding calls? I bet he has to go for an MRI on monday because he pulled so hard on his wrist he might have broken it.Sorry refs. Now, the story of the hits by Sensabaugh. Those were by far the two hardest hits i have ever witnessed in a football game. I just can't believe the South boy did'nt get hurt very bad. And, Kenny Hawkins got it wrong, the hit of the night was the first hit. Imagine a deer on the traintracks and BANG. Wow!!!!!!!!!! If someone got that on film, please put it on here. Anyway, a win is a win but it sure was ugly. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!

Forget about Cookeville. We might be able to get by Bearden by stoping Devin Young and outscoring them. But we have to far to go with our secondary problems to get past Maryville. They have a quarterback and two receivers that would make South's look like pee-wee league. The cat is out of the bag. This is not the year. As far as our passing game goes I think Seabolt just had a off night. He was either overthrowing or underthrowing his "wide open receivers" most of the night. But when it came cruntch time he hit Swafford with a perfect pass for a TD in the forth qtr.

Wow… I’m glad to see you finally sobered up enough to let reality set in!! You had obviously been sippin on some spirits at the game form the looks of the last couple of pages on this thread. You can whine and complain about the refs all you want to but the bottom line is DB CAN BE BEAT!! There were many things that contributed to the Rebels being in this game TIED 7 to 7 in the FOUTH quarter. DB only truly had ONE sustained drive the entire game. TWO of your scores came from a short field. (courtesy of Souths injured punter in hindsight). South was able to work the ball down the field on almost every possession (just not alot of luck in the red zone) and that wasn’t just because of the secondary. They were actually able to get several big gainers from out of the backfield. I’m not really sure what all of the complaining about the refs is coming from. Anybody that knows anything about football knows that offensive holding could be called on almost every play legitimately in football if a ref chooses to nit pick. I didn’t see several of the calls myself but (I’m not as talented as the DB hopefuls that see every player on every play) I did see #72 on several occasions (most of the times not called) wrestle his opponent down to the ground and even on occasion hold him down even when the play was miles away. It’s almost like he thought he was suppose to do it. I’m just curious of what calls other than the holding do you dispute… and do you think holding calls really effected the game to the point of it being 7 - 7 going into the fourth quarter. My complaints in the SH game were a two obvious pass interference calls where on one the receiver was tackled BOFORE the ball got there, and one when he was driven out of bounds BEFORE the ball got there… and a punt that a SH player clearly touched the ball before a Viking player fell on it. All supported by the replay and you know it. I was upset with all of the MANY motion calls on our offense, but after seeing the replay you could see that it was THE SAME player 90% of the time and he WAS moving. Just get over it… South came to play and gave you guys all you could handle and proved that DB CAN BE BEAT!! Oh… and one more thing…. NOT EVEN ON THE SAME PLANET with this years GREENDEVILS. That’s a fact.

Wow… I’m glad to see you finally sobered up enough to let reality set in!! You had obviously been sippin on some spirits at the game form the looks of the last couple of pages on this thread. You can whine and complain about the refs all you want to but the bottom line is DB CAN BE BEAT!! There were many things that contributed to the Rebels being in this game TIED 7 to 7 in the FOUTH quarter. DB only truly had ONE sustained drive the entire game. TWO of your scores came from a short field. (courtesy of Souths injured punter in hindsight). South was able to work the ball down the field on almost every possession (just not alot of luck in the red zone) and that wasn’t just because of the secondary. They were actually able to get several big gainers from out of the backfield. I’m not really sure what all of the complaining about the refs is coming from. Anybody that knows anything about football knows that offensive holding could be called on almost every play legitimately in football if a ref chooses to nit pick. I didn’t see several of the calls myself but (I’m not as talented as the DB hopefuls that see every player on every play) I did see #72 on several occasions (most of the times not called) wrestle his opponent down to the ground and even on occasion hold him down even when the play was miles away. It’s almost like he thought he was suppose to do it. I’m just curious of what calls other than the holding do you dispute… and do you think holding calls really effected the game to the point of it being 7 - 7 going into the fourth quarter. My complaints in the SH game were a two obvious pass interference calls where on one the receiver was tackled BOFORE the ball got there, and one when he was driven out of bounds BEFORE the ball got there… and a punt that a SH player clearly touched the ball before a Viking player fell on it. All supported by the replay and you know it. I was upset with all of the MANY motion calls on our offense, but after seeing the replay you could see that it was THE SAME player 90% of the time and he WAS moving. Just get over it… South came to play and gave you guys all you could handle and proved that DB CAN BE BEAT!! Oh… and one more thing…. NOT EVEN ON THE SAME PLANET with this years GREENDEVILS. That’s a fact.

Just remember, when we beat Tenn High 63-7 your gonna give us props. This was hopefully our bad game for the season so look out for the next game to get back on track! Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!

Well let me put it to you this way Comp. Unless something has changed if a South student wanted to transfer to DB today he/she would have to pay a tuition because county residents don't pay city taxes. If a DB student wanted to transfer to South today he/she would not have to pay a tuition because city residents "do" pay county taxes. So it seems to me that if a DB student wanted to go to South he/she could easly do that today. I don't see very musch if any of that going on now. On the other hand if the city takes much of the area around South high school that would mean those students could come to DB without paying tuition. And theres plenty of room to build on to DB. Don't think they won't do that. And even if im wrong about all of this, theres no way you could possibly know that no South students would transfer to DB. Actually I already know of two football players that are supposed to go to South next year that are going to attend DB. Correction, thats one next year and another the year after. I still can't believe tha Haynie told you-all to stay off CoachT this week. Man that makes me feel POWERFUL !!!

You are in the know about the "two" players who are contemplating attending DB. And they are athletes. But I am not speaking of students transfering to either school. Instead, I am merely alluding to the long term plan by the city and what will happen in the future. It would be rediculous of the city to annex all around South and then leave the high school in the county meanwhile building on to DB in order to house an increased census. Common sence would dictate that the city would see it as economically good management to absorb South High School intact with it's students and send a portion of it's city students to South instead of spending money on DB. But, the city and DB administration has squandered copious amounts of money in the mis-management of additions to DB thus far so I would not be suprised to see them blunder once more. But my understanding is the long term plan is as I speak. To be seen.

THE STREAK CONTINUES.... Next year, unless Hoyt & Delbert are walking the halls.... there shouldn't be any students in High School that was alive the last time South defeated the Indians, 1993.

15 WINS IN 17 years (South dropped the Indians for obvious reason for the '07 &'08 Season)

TOTAL POINTS DURING THE STREAK

INDIANS 498

SOUTH 186

An average score of 33 - 12. Only twice during THE STREAK did the Rebels score 20 or more points... 2003 the score was 49-21 and 2008 42-28 (late scores).

The Indians had their highest scoring victories in '99 (52-8) and 61-0 2000

In 2010 the Indians played 11 on 16 every play and still pulled out the victory

Roll Tribe Roll

I have just gotten the memo that Coaches Clark and Stubbs have requested that all their fans are to stay off the boards for this week.

Thank you.

Hilts, my understanding was that Haynie alluded to the players to stay off the internet and their parents as well in order not to give away any changes made in practice. Which my understanding was that we were going to run the Wishbone. That did not materialize but I stayed off the boards just the same in respect to give the Rebels all the surprise factor they needed. Turns out the only surprise factor they brought was a desire to play DB to the "Hilt".