Dobyns Bennett vs. Sullivan South 2010

2000southreb81

So let me get this straight there is a conspiracy among TN high school officials to make bad calls against DB "everywhere they go" or maybe it is not a conspiracy but because of DB's past success the officials are jealous and subconsciously make bad calls against DB. The refs also grab their arms harder when they make a call against DB then the other schools. Oh, and if I don't believe these "facts" I am an idiot. This is a classic post on so many levels. I will be laughing about this for a while.

Oh yeah, just thought of the perfect example of referee biass in this area. A few years ago playing in JC, Lamon Williams caught a TD pass in the endzone and landed on his back, the Defensive player was standing over him and Lamon tossed the ball to him. Here comes the flag for unsportsman like conduct. I give you that one. Later on, Lamon caught a long TD pass down the right sideline, as he was cruising into the endzone he held one finger up in the air claiming we are number one. Here comes the flag, again, for unsportsman like conduct. WHAT??? Oh, and guess what. He was ejected and had to sit out the first round of the playoffs. Huh, i bet the ref. knew that the whole time. He did'nt point to anyone. I see this every night on football highlights and have never seen a flag for it again, EVER. Now, does that seem to be a conspiracy? Atleast with that ref it does. This is what i mean. Have you seen it happen before? I doubt it! Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!

n

Edited by dbFAN91

Great win!!! You should be soooo proud!!!!! :roflol:

Keep hiding behind that score. We'll see how far that gets you in the playoffs.

Whats the playoffs got to do with us beating you 21-7? Unless you know your team can't beat us but your hoping someone else will. I can see why you think this way, its been 17 years. I am proud of the Indians though. Glad I have a school like DB to pull for. I could be like you. Scary thought.

Oh yeah, just thought of the perfect example of referee biass in this area. A few years ago playing in JC, Lamon Williams caught a TD pass in the endzone and landed on his back, the Defensive player was standing over him and Lamon tossed the ball to him. Here comes the flag for unsportsman like conduct. I give you that one. Later on, Lamon caught a long TD pass down the right sideline, as he was cruising into the endzone he held one finger up in the air claiming we are number one. Here comes the flag, again, for unsportsman like conduct. WHAT??? Oh, and guess what. He was ejected and had to sit out the first round of the playoffs. Huh, i bet the ref. knew that the whole time. He did'nt point to anyone. I see this every night on football highlights and have never seen a flag for it again, EVER. Now, does that seem to be a conspiracy? Atleast with that ref it does. This is what i mean. Have you seen it happen before? I doubt it! Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!

n

Just keep digging - I can use the laughs!

B)

Thats a fair assesment. I did not hear the radio. I think this game was excessive in the holding call department. After the first couple I started to watch and their was some bad calls along side a bogus personal foul on Watson. Mistakes will be made all over the field but they need no help. I dont know if some others know that their are such things as knock downs and pancakes in football. You drive your opponent and if they loose their feet then, you done your job :thumb: . When in Doubt charge B) Good moto.

I didn't know who had got the flag on the sideline.If coach Watson said something to one of the officals,than it was the truth,even if the ref didn't like it. If coach Clark said something,he probably put it in riddle form and the zebra figured it out after the game some time 8-) Speaking of after the game.I had the Tennessee game on the radio headed home and Tim was giving LSU down the road about it being the worst clock management in the history of ncaa football after he thought Tennessee had won.I'll have to place LSU number 2 in that category

n

I know and am friends with quite a few DB alumni both past and present both black and white. And back in that day it was a big laugh on Saturdays to rehash what Lamon had done the night before. A DB alumni told me the morning after the game in question that it was his middle finger that was erected and that is what got him penalized. As well there was another story of a TD catch down the home sideline as he burnt the DB and after he crossed the goal line he mimed an autograph on the football and presented it to the defender. I personally thought that both those stories were awesome. He was the shiz...and a business man also. And I will defend DB in that historically they have had tough officiating at home over the years. But when a lineman tackles you and rolls back and forth over you so that you can't get up then I believe in high school there will be a penalty assessed. And I know ;these tactics are taught at the college level. And I know that the linemen have a field day with it. And I know it is to level the field with their ability vs. the D lines ability in one freeing and the other capturing the college level RB. But, I have never seen this tactic used so blatantly in high school and previously this (or any other for that matter) season until last Friday night. It was deliberate, It was off the chart. It was a definate penalty. And it occured on every play...even after a penalty had been assessed. There was no let up. That proves it was instructed by the coach. Remember, I have not seen it thus far this season from DB. You can cry all you want about home cooking or catered cooking or the TSSAA out to get you...whatever you want to make up to make it sound good, but the fact remains....it was dirty pool. You beat us fair and square so my hat is off. But each and every one of those holding calls were legitimate. So quite crying and let's see if you use the same tactic against Bristol. Because all eyes will be watching.

After watching a replay of the game, I think you are right there were some bad calls.....

57 should have had a personal foul after almost every play....

I've seen games that seem biased or one way or another, and I've seen horrible calls by officials. I've seen runningbacks literally tackle defenses all game and never get a call, and I've seen linemen get called for holding who barely touched a defensive player.

Some of the officiating crews in East TN definitely need to be evaluated.

I know and am friends with quite a few DB alumni both past and present both black and white. And back in that day it was a big laugh on Saturdays to rehash what Lamon had done the night before. A DB alumni told me the morning after the game in question that it was his middle finger that was erected and that is what got him penalized. As well there was another story of a TD catch down the home sideline as he burnt the DB and after he crossed the goal line he mimed an autograph on the football and presented it to the defender. I personally thought that both those stories were awesome. He was the shiz...and a business man also. And I will defend DB in that historically they have had tough officiating at home over the years. But when a lineman tackles you and rolls back and forth over you so that you can't get up then I believe in high school there will be a penalty assessed. And I know ;these tactics are taught at the college level. And I know that the linemen have a field day with it. And I know it is to level the field with their ability vs. the D lines ability in one freeing and the other capturing the college level RB. But, I have never seen this tactic used so blatantly in high school and previously this (or any other for that matter) season until last Friday night. It was deliberate, It was off the chart. It was a definate penalty. And it occured on every play...even after a penalty had been assessed. There was no let up. That proves it was instructed by the coach. Remember, I have not seen it thus far this season from DB. You can cry all you want about home cooking or catered cooking or the TSSAA out to get you...whatever you want to make up to make it sound good, but the fact remains....it was dirty pool. You beat us fair and square so my hat is off. But each and every one of those holding calls were legitimate. So quite crying and let's see if you use the same tactic against Bristol. Because all eyes will be watching.

DB had 11 penalties for 150 yards and 2 TD's called back. South had 3 penalties for 30 yards, and your not happy with that? I know and you know that if the zebras had thrown a flag on DB on every darn play South still couldn't beat us. So there. You should post the "DB Dad" story again, it was better than this one. Mr. Haynie needs to send you another message about posting on CoachT.