Dobyns Bennett vs. Sullivan South 2010

2000southreb81

Just some observations from an unbiased observer. South is alot better than I thought they were. They do miss the big play threat they have had over the last few years. I understand the punting issues that South had, but going for it on 4th and short inside the opponents 20 is a pretty crazy call. Even if you feel you have to go for it, why not put QB under center. It would seem that he would have a better chance under center. That's where the momentum turned and the game was won/lost.

There were some weaknesses of DB that were exposed. I've seen a handful of DB games this season and they haven't had to pass much. Maybe the QB had an off game, but the passing game was suspect with missing a handful of wide open recievers. The running game is so strong they probably won't need to throw much until the playoffs. They should be able to handle the rest of NETN with their running attack. There is still a lot of time to improve the passing game, but it will be hard to advance very far without a passing attack. The two hits by #32 were very impressive. Just as impressive was that #44 bounced up quickly the first time and came back in after a few plays after the 2nd. Both players are tough as nails. As far as the holding call on the TD that #32 ran, I was standing pretty close to the call and the O-lineman practically tackled the D-lineman. It was pretty obvious from where I was standing. It was a great game. I wish both teams the best of luck here on out.

Hilts, my understanding was that Haynie alluded to the players to stay off the internet and their parents as well in order not to give away any changes made in practice. Which my understanding was that we were going to run the Wishbone. That did not materialize but I stayed off the boards just the same in respect to give the Rebels all the surprise factor they needed. Turns out the only surprise factor they brought was a desire to play DB to the "Hilt".

I know. Just seems kind of silly.

Refs????? Really??? You can't be serious! They could've called 5 more personal fouls if they wanted. Your team barely showed more class than you clowns on here. Dirtiest football I've ever witnessed. And to think the mighty DB would have to resort to that. I thought annexing to get our money and kids was low until I witnessed the low blows tonight.

Blame the refs if you want. Here's the bottom line...you aren't that good. Great skill players...check. Terrible O/D fronts...check. You couldn't block us or stop us and we have 1 lineman over 200 lbs. What are you going to do when you face a legit 6A team? Let me answer that for you....LOSE!!!! Enjoy coasting to a conference championship because the playoffs "could" be short.

BTW, going for it from the 10 with the game tied 7-7 in the 4th qtr against a team you aren't supposed to be on the field with....is never the right call. Punt, punt, punt. We held them all night, so let's take a chance with the "D". Other than that, it was a well thought out gameplan that was executed well. Take away not punting and the lone defensive back breakdown and this could've gone the other way. Great game boys. Keep that effort up and you will win the rest.

Refs????? Really??? You can't be serious! They could've called 5 more personal fouls if they wanted. Your team barely showed more class than you clowns on here. Dirtiest football I've ever witnessed. And to think the mighty DB would have to resort to that. I thought annexing to get our money and kids was low until I witnessed the low blows tonight.

Blame the refs if you want. Here's the bottom line...you aren't that good. Great skill players...check. Terrible O/D fronts...check. You couldn't block us or stop us and we have 1 lineman over 200 lbs. What are you going to do when you face a legit 6A team? Let me answer that for you....LOSE!!!! Enjoy coasting to a conference championship because the playoffs "could" be short.

BTW, going for it from the 10 with the game tied 7-7 in the 4th qtr against a team you aren't supposed to be on the field with....is never the right call. Punt, punt, punt. We held them all night, so let's take a chance with the "D". Other than that, it was a well thought out gameplan that was executed well. Take away not punting and the lone defensive back breakdown and this could've gone the other way. Great game boys. Keep that effort up and you will win the rest.

Our defensive front give up 147 yards on 41 rushes.Not that bad.I wouldn't lump us all together.I gave a South father an extra ticket for his son as they were walking in.

21-7

Wow… I’m glad to see you finally sobered up enough to let reality set in!! You had obviously been sippin on some spirits at the game form the looks of the last couple of pages on this thread. You can whine and complain about the refs all you want to but the bottom line is DB CAN BE BEAT!! There were many things that contributed to the Rebels being in this game TIED 7 to 7 in the FOUTH quarter. DB only truly had ONE sustained drive the entire game. TWO of your scores came from a short field. (courtesy of Souths injured punter in hindsight). South was able to work the ball down the field on almost every possession (just not alot of luck in the red zone) and that wasn’t just because of the secondary. They were actually able to get several big gainers from out of the backfield. I’m not really sure what all of the complaining about the refs is coming from. Anybody that knows anything about football knows that offensive holding could be called on almost every play legitimately in football if a ref chooses to nit pick. I didn’t see several of the calls myself but (I’m not as talented as the DB hopefuls that see every player on every play) I did see #72 on several occasions (most of the times not called) wrestle his opponent down to the ground and even on occasion hold him down even when the play was miles away. It’s almost like he thought he was suppose to do it. I’m just curious of what calls other than the holding do you dispute… and do you think holding calls really effected the game to the point of it being 7 - 7 going into the fourth quarter. My complaints in the SH game were a two obvious pass interference calls where on one the receiver was tackled BOFORE the ball got there, and one when he was driven out of bounds BEFORE the ball got there… and a punt that a SH player clearly touched the ball before a Viking player fell on it. All supported by the replay and you know it. I was upset with all of the MANY motion calls on our offense, but after seeing the replay you could see that it was THE SAME player 90% of the time and he WAS moving. Just get over it… South came to play and gave you guys all you could handle and proved that DB CAN BE BEAT!! Oh… and one more thing…. NOT EVEN ON THE SAME PLANET with this years GREENDEVILS. That’s a fact.

Cap you need to go and watch your very own Crowders highlight tapes because he drives his opponets to the ground the exact same way as the one your talking about.

one more thing,

If an offensive lineman keeps his hand(s) inside the opponents shoulder and chest area, on the jersey number, he may grab and hold the opponent as long as he keeps the defender in front of him. This way, the offensive lineman keeps his hands on the "inside" of the defender. If an offensive lineman reaches around to the "outside" of a player (think bear hug), a flag and whistle are sure to follow.

Edited by FootballMania

Look POSER, I'll talk about what I want on these boards. I have given South their props. South's players didn't have anything to do with the refs. They didn't hand pick them. I'll move on when I feel like it. You can be a big boy and tell me to shut up on a message board but you won't do it to my face more than once.

We're you want to talk at?? :thumb: I mean about the GAME.We can meet and ill buy you lunch. :D

In this corner , standing 6'9"and weighing in at 343.Wearing the Maroon and Grey ,let's welcome WAAACOOOJAACOOOO !!!the undisputed champion of coachT. Now in this corner,standing at heights unknown and wearing colors that are faded and unknown as well.let's welcome the POOOSSSer

:roflol: YOUR A FUNNY GUY!! :thumb:

You are in the know about the "two" players who are contemplating attending DB. And they are athletes. But I am not speaking of students transfering to either school. Instead, I am merely alluding to the long term plan by the city and what will happen in the future. It would be rediculous of the city to annex all around South and then leave the high school in the county meanwhile building on to DB in order to house an increased census. Common sence would dictate that the city would see it as economically good management to absorb South High School intact with it's students and send a portion of it's city students to South instead of spending money on DB. But, the city and DB administration has squandered copious amounts of money in the mis-management of additions to DB thus far so I would not be suprised to see them blunder once more. But my understanding is the long term plan is as I speak. To be seen.

Any one that thinks the money and power behind Kingsport & DB is going to allow 2 highschools in the City of Kingsport is way off base.They are taking the path of Science Hill ( getting BIGGER not smaller) North & South may be satalites in some way to meet TSSAA rules but there will only be one DB. Look at what they are doing at DB look at the land around the school they have taken. They may leave part of Sullivan West and Bloomingdale alone for a little longer but if you Colonial Heights people don't want to wear DB colors you better be looking in the Boone area as that will be about the last big county program around here.I don't mean this in a good or bad way but I know why the city is putting sewer down the county side of Bloomingdale. Congrats to both teams last night seems to have been a great game. I heard #1 did not play for the Rebs that's a shame. None of us county people may like it but it is coming. I'm glad I'm done in 2 years, I hope we can hold on at least that long.

GO RAIDERS

Cap you need to go and watch your very own Crowders highlight tapes because he drives his opponets to the ground the exact same way as the one your talking about.

one more thing,

If an offensive lineman keeps his hand(s) inside the opponents shoulder and chest area, on the jersey number, he may grab and hold the opponent as long as he keeps the defender in front of him. This way, the offensive lineman keeps his hands on the "inside" of the defender. If an offensive lineman reaches around to the "outside" of a player (think bear hug), a flag and whistle are sure to follow.

Not starting anything but I think you can grab and hold the opponent as long as the ref doesn't call it.They teach using your hands inside to control the opponent but getting a hand full of jersey and { well holding} is a hold.The best I've ever seen was the boys at Sevier county.They get away with it 80% or more.