Dobyns Bennett vs. Sullivan South 2010

2000southreb81

Since you feel the need to butt in - do you agree with DBFan 91 that there is conspiracy among the refs against DB?

butt in? This is a message board. If you don't want anybody to comment go to e-mail. No I don't think there is a conspiracy by the refs against DB. I think there are some very good refs and some very bad refs in this area. I think there are a hand full that have bias toward certin schools, not just DB. I know one ref personally and he is a very good and honest person that is always fair to everybody. I "know of" another ref in this area that has stated in public more than once that he hates DB and if he could ever cause them to lose a game he would. He refed in a game that DB lost last year and made several bad calls against DB, most think he cost us the game. He also refs basketball and always gives DB fits. I don't know if he was one of the refs friday night or not. Im sure there is a ref or two here and there that do the same to other schools. Their just smart enough to keep their mouth shut. Sometimes you just get a crew that is very bad. In one game already this year Clark had to call a time out to explain the rules to the refs. I can't tell you if the crew Friday night was just bad or criminal. I know at least 1,000 people saw a ref pick up the football and move it 2 ft. forward just before a measurment. Maybe the ref was just dumb and didn't know you can't do that. After I saw that I knew what the deal was. Forget about all the flags.

just got home from the game and have to admit....i was wrong. your band is not nearly as good as i had thought. you bd guys still all suck and by the way, what a show of class from your players, your coaches and your fans. you should be proud. did they do away with prop 48 by the way?

Edited by SSFan

DB had 11 penalties for 150 yards and 2 TD's called back. South had 3 penalties for 30 yards, and your not happy with that? I know and you know that if the zebras had thrown a flag on DB on every darn play South still couldn't beat us. So there. You should post the "DB Dad" story again, it was better than this one. Mr. Haynie needs to send you another message about posting on CoachT.

You know what? Sometimes you just need to shut up and think about what you are saying. I am not talking about good or bad officiating. Nor about winning or losing. I'm talking about what your linemen did. Period. It was wrong yet was advocated by your head coach. Otherwise he would have put a stop to it. I don't care that we lost the game. I don't care that you are a better team. I don't care to admit both of those things. All I care about is that we competed. And we did. Was it bad officiating? Yes. Why. Because no delay of game penalties were called and we all know there should have been a few. That makes us look bad. That's unacceptable in my book. Because it gives you a reason to cry. We didn't hire the refs. So, it's a consequense. One that you have endured in many games. I will give you that. There were calls that were not made that would have put us in the weeds. I'm ashamed for that. But I can't change it. But your linemen played dirty football and your coach advocated it. And it went on the whole game. That is my whole point. We lost. With the delay of game penalties we would have lost sooner. But maybe...just maybe...because your coach allowed the linemen fiasco to continue that the refs collectively said, "OK coach, if that is how you want to play then we will show you how it works". Oh, but it couldn't be like that could that could it. You and your high and mighty people. I have never been at the other games where you were robbed by the refs, but there is no hiding from the fact that your coach was wrong for allowing that kind of thing to continue. And it started at the very beginning of the game. That's OK. We will see how your linemen play the rest of the season and what the refs do about it. This is why you can't win a championship. Because you bring the negative BS on yourself. When we played Maryville, with likely the most ruthless coach in the state, we never saw such crap. I've never seen it...ever....except at the DII and NAIA college level. You can't say anything to make it right. Because you are wrong. You are wrong because you didn't watch the game. You just assumed that DB is better and more superior than anyone else. Your coach caused this. He likes drama. It's par for him.