Mount Pleasant@Perry County

turkeyslayer

You know i've never understood that. . . If they're fast they can regain ground quicker.

i mean obviously the back has to have speed to take advantage of it, but if the defense flows, especially the backside (that should stay at home) then it leaves very big holes. a lot of times, you'll notice it even at the high college level and pro sometimes that everyone wants to make the play, and they get caught out of position. this is even more prominent in really fast aggressive defenses

i think that makes since, if not i'll try again.

I think PC has some defense that might give #1 something he hasnt seen. PC has no slow guys on defense they swarm the ball gang tackling. So I hope #1 is well rested because he will be running for his life every snap Friday night. Speaking of pancakes we like making a few of those too.

if pc gets #1 running then its gonna be a long night for pc, its the running of mtp that will hurt you, he is not a pocket passer, mtp seems to find holes and does a good job hitting them. im picking the tigers 35 - 28

HAHA, I hope that entire conversation is a joke, because , both of you know the Truth. Speed Kills no matter where it is found on the field. If you have a fast lineman, QB, RB, or WR... most of the time he will make an impact on the game with his speed. Now, inexperience is what gets folks out of position, or LACK OF DISCIPLINE. The fact that you can let the counters and play action or even some misdirection plays fool you isn't due to the amount of speed you have but the lack of discipline or in other words, They Can'T Read....

HAHA, I hope that entire conversation is a joke, because , both of you know the Truth. Speed Kills no matter where it is found on the field. If you have a fast lineman, QB, RB, or WR... most of the time he will make an impact on the game with his speed. Now, inexperience is what gets folks out of position, or LACK OF DISCIPLINE. The fact that you can let the counters and play action or even some misdirection plays fool you isn't due to the amount of speed you have but the lack of discipline or in other words, They Can'T Read....

the reality is, most high school teams are not disciplined.

Misdirection works even on higher levels than High School. What about that reverse that the Pittsburg run on Tennessee on the opening kickoff it was misdirection and speed. Nobody touched him 90 something yds TD.

Tennessee was undisiplined and out of thier lanes on that play. a well designed misdirection play will cause the defense to be out of position.

that conversation is going in circles. :roflol:

anyway...

i will predict that this will be a close game, low score, special teams will be the difference... may even be decided by a missed extra point.

vikings win. :thumb: go Z-man

Tennessee was undisiplined and out of thier lanes on that play. a well designed misdirection play will cause the defense to be out of position.

that conversation is going in circles. :roflol:

anyway...

i will predict that this will be a close game, low score, special teams will be the difference... may even be decided by a missed extra point.

vikings win. :thumb: go Z-man

Well MTP will go for 2 everytime causing PC to go for 2 (At least thats what every other team thats played MTP has done) so im guessing a missed extra point will not happen. But I think Special teams will be a big factor. MTP had a good return last week and they have a ton of speed. MTP would be phenomenal at special teams if they would work to set up the blocking a little better.