A question for Trousdale people

pujo

I thought this thread would be the best place for this question...

I noticed that it's cupcake time for the Jackets from now 'till the playoffs. What have the Jackets done in the past to keep motivated thru the weeks when you know a stretch of weaker teams is coming up?

Mmmm, cupcakes. Let's all go to GiGi's! :hungry:

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never thought about it ,but Trousdale could be the only County in the state with only one school. Our County has 5.

As far as the Jr High stuff goes, Cloudland has a good team.You can't really tell how that will translate into Highschool. You can have some kids who are nearly grown, they dominate and then in Highschool all these other kids catch up. Another catch is hot chicks and fast cars,football don't compare. Ido think our little bunch will stay with it. You just never know.

Henry County..where Creasy was prior to Murfreesboro only has one school.

I noticed that it's cupcake time for the Jackets from now 'till the playoffs. What have the Jackets done in the past to keep motivated thru the weeks when you know a stretch of weaker teams is coming up?

we just keep putn the gunpowder in their meals at school. :twisted:

looking at the teams you will play none have winning records and most of them play each other. you all have cupcake time all year. how will you react to a team who is as good or better than you. mid november gordonsville will meet you at gigis for some cupcakes.

looking at the teams you will play none have winning records and most of them play each other. you all have cupcake time all year. how will you react to a team who is as good or better than you. mid november gordonsville will meet you at gigis for some cupcakes.

...yet we always seem to have what it takes when they aint no cupcake.. ;)

1)looking at the teams you will play none have winning records and most of them play each other. 2)you all have cupcake time all year. 3)how will you react to a team who is as good or better than you. 4)mid november gordonsville will meet you at gigis for some cupcakes.

Alrighty then...I'll bite

1)I didn't realize JB had a say in how bad the district is overall (HEAVY sarcasm implied). You'd think that after 1,400 posts and way too much time spent on here I'd understand that. 2)See respone #1 3)Dude, every JB fan I know of wants to know the same d*m* thing 4)I'm in if you pay Captain Anamosity.

Do you here any JB fan on here saying that the Devils are world beaters and they are ready for Alcoa or something? Chill out, man. I asked a legit question, but yet sure didn't ask for that.

It's not like ya'll has the hardest schedule either other than TC, FC, and Smith Co.

Edited by Shep

Maybe an answer to your question. The Jackets don't usually fall into that trap. They work with what's

ahead of them, practice to get better, which they need right now. Throw in a few new wrinkles now & then,

keeping focused & busy with the task at hand. Cupcakes make for good practice against someone other

than your own. Biggest motivation would be preparing for the playoffs. Like JB, TC doesn't have control

over who is in the Region. TC has played the same teams for years in the Reg., which has it's

share of weaker teams. Also, they pick up higher classification teams when they can.

Playoffs is what it's all about. Season doesn't mean squat after the reg. season is over.

There's your motivation. And, no, it's not easy to do, but they do.

Good luck to JB the rest of the way. Appreciate logger coming to the game Fri. nite. Think he got

his moneys worth. LOL

Maybe an answer to your question. The Jackets don't usually fall into that trap. They work with what's

ahead of them, practice to get better, which they need right now. Throw in a few new wrinkles now & then,

keeping focused & busy with the task at hand. Cupcakes make for good practice against someone other

than your own. Biggest motivation would be preparing for the playoffs. Like JB, TC doesn't have control

over who is in the Region. TC has played the same teams for years in the Reg., which has it's

share of weaker teams. Also, they pick up higher classification teams when they can.

Playoffs is what it's all about. Season doesn't mean squat after the reg. season is over.

There's your motivation. And, no, it's not easy to do, but they do.

Good luck to JB the rest of the way. Appreciate logger coming to the game Fri. nite. Think he got

his moneys worth. LOL

I'm glad nobody went to jail!

Man SEVEN...I watched the jr. high replay against Macon last night. IMPRESSIVE. They probably had more yards than the high school team did. :roflol: But that defense is very stingy. I settled up with Z B last night. Thank the lord there's only two more games left. :lol: Saturday should be a great day for football in ol' Motown...unless your an eagle.

i think tc jr high put 50 or 60 on ours. our jr high is pretty good but tc seems to have a group of young players that will be very good in highschool. keep them together.

Pujo...you got to see that '05 team up close and in person. They were very good, but that's when we ran the true spread offense, simply because of personnel. I'd give anything if you could have seen some of the squads we had in the '90's. The '97 team was unbelievable! So much so, that when I was in South Pitt. last week, I was talking to a guy that played there in that era. He said that was probably the greatest single A team ever assembled. I've thought about creating a thread, just talking about that season to give people some idea of what we accomplished. Some people think I'm crazy when I tell them that these past two years may not even crack our top ten of all time teams.

I played against that team in the semi finals that year and to this day I havent seen one better.We beat South pitt in the 3rd round but there was no comparison.Who was your left offensive tackle that year? I played on him and #8 most of the night.they were both good ball players.

Edited by BIG INDIAN

I played against that team in the semi finals that year and to this day I havent seen one better.We beat South pitt in the 3rd round but there was no comparison.Who was your left offensive tackle that year? I played on him and #8 most of the night.they were both good ball players.

You're probably talking about Michael Scruggs and T.C. Payne. They were beasts.

Those two were only juniors that year.

I wouldn't doubt the 97 and 98 teams were the best 1A teams ever in that order.