TCA @ McKenzie

rebelsnook

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To my knowledge, there is no rule against head-to-head contact in high school when making a tackle, making the call a bogus call. Don't confuse this with the head-to-head contact rule when the player is already on the ground which is prohibited, and obviously that didn't happen.

Also, from the game footage I saw, it plainly shows that no real, if any at all, head-to-head contact is made in either tackle.

If I'm wrong, please enlighten me and refer me to where it is in the TSSAA rulebook.

I'm not complaining, well, maybe I am...but there were a few questionable calls and no calls that I saw, especially after rewatching the film. Regardless, at least it wasn't the kind of officiating that costs a team the game.

D, you are right completely. I think that officials are just leery of injuries such as we saw in the Gleason game. That's not a bad thing. But, pretty sure I and i'll bet even you have never seen a signal like that in a football game ever. The little knock on the head signal. True, it didn't seem to be a "flag worthy" call but.......... Whatever, the Rebels kicked ... and took names tonight!

I'm trying to behave but this Jackson influence on West TN football really whzzes me off. Quan Campbell at Humboldt is as good as if not better than Washington. The Rebels have Clark, Taylor and Arnold (and Esch, and Vinson and Hargrove and Eaton and

Thomas......) that are right there with them!!!! I don't think I really thought of how many weapons Mckenzie had untill now. And didm't even mention our recievers (well, maybe I did). And some other schools have some studs too. It's great that there are so many good players n our area. But what gets it done is good teams I've found a few and they ain't in Jackson.

But I do thank WBBJ for getting some good footage of our hiney whipping of TCA tonight and putting it on the 5th Quarter.

TCA, get over Washington. He has a ton of speed and talent. But if you lay a lick on him, his night is DONE! If you didn't see it tonight you weren't at the game. Do Not send this game film to Saban if you want him to have a shot at the SEC.

Edited by duckman38201

You dominated the game and you whine about the officiating? PLEASE. McKenzie came in with a great game plan and they executed it to a T. There is no need to complain about the refs. There is nothing wrong with hitting another player hard. McKenzie was penalized for that hit being a head shot. There should have been another of those called on McKenzie to be honest with you.

Don't take away from the fine performance of McKenzie by complaining about the officiating. The officiating did not hurt the Rebels nor did it help TCA.

Good luck in the rest of the season to McKenzie.

hey reitz who said i was taking away from our performance... some of our worst games i have seen as far as officiating has been games we have won.. Martin westview game was worst i have seen in several years and we still won... tonight we had a Td called back, may have been holding i couldnt tell.. have one pass interfence call where defender was dragging 7 to the ground {no call} and the penalty where ROb T layed a good lick like he is taught to do and gets 15 yds which they go on and score! no reitz it didnt effect the outcome of game but u never know what one play like that will cause.. THese kids have spent last 4 years busting there butt in weight room and practice field not to get hosed by a zebra. Tca has good squad they should finish year strong and have a playoff run... good luck to the lions the rest of the year...

I'm trying to behave but this Jackson influence on West TN football really whzzes me off. Quan Campbell at Humboldt is as good as if not better than Washington. The Rebels have Clark, Taylor and Arnold (and Esch, and Vinson and Hargrove and Eaton and

Thomas......) that are right there with them!!!! I don't think I really thought of how many weapons Mckenzie had untill now. And didm't even mention our recievers (well, maybe I did). And some other schools have some studs too. It's great that there are so many good players n our area. But what gets it done is good teams I've found a few and they ain't in Jackson.

But I do thank WBBJ for getting some good footage of our hiney whipping of TCA tonight and putting it on the 5th Quarter.

TCA, get over Washington. He has a ton of speed and talent. But if you lay a lick on him, his night is DONE! If you didn't see it tonight you weren't at the game. Do Not send this game film to Saban if you want him to have a shot at the SEC.

Congratulations. Your team won. So why do you feel the need to take shots at our team, our players, and even our whole town?? I had intended to come on here and say some good things about the McKenzie team but ya'll really don't need any more praise than you heap on yourselves. I am smart enough not to fault the team based on their fans behavior but you do make it hard.

While there is no doubt that the Rebels beat the Lions tonight and was the better team, can you really call 18 points "dominating?" The Rebels had a lot of yardage for those 3 TD's. Must have been some defense on the field don't ya think? I don't understand why some think that the score doesn't reflect the game. Maybe McKenzie could have scored more but why didn't they?

And Washington doesn't need a "shot" at the SEC. He's in and we can all watch together for the next 4 years to see what he will do with it.

Good luck to McKenzie with the rest of your season.

Congratulations. Your team won. So why do you feel the need to take shots at our team, our players, and even our whole town?? I had intended to come on here and say some good things about the McKenzie team but ya'll really don't need any more praise than you heap on yourselves. I am smart enough not to fault the team based on their fans behavior but you do make it hard.

While there is no doubt that the Rebels beat the Lions tonight and was the better team, can you really call 18 points "dominating?" The Rebels had a lot of yardage for those 3 TD's. Must have been some defense on the field don't ya think? I don't understand why some think that the score doesn't reflect the game. Maybe McKenzie could have scored more but why didn't they?

And Washington doesn't need a "shot" at the SEC. He's in and we can all watch together for the next 4 years to see what he will do with it.

Good luck to McKenzie with the rest of your season.

It's A Jackson Thing Gridiron..We Just Don't Like Ya...Let's Take The T.V. Station For Instance....Why'd They Leave?...And If T.C.A. Was Winning, Would They Have Stayed For The Outcome?...True I Don't Think Shots At Jabriel Are Called For...But Hasn't That Been The Subject Of Alot Of TCA's Post?...It's Sort Of A Sore Subject With Us...Since The JCS Game Back In 06 And I Guess Way Back Before That...I Wish The Best For Any And Every Player TCA And JCS And All Players From Jackson Teams...But As For My Opinion, Don't Start None Won't Be None. :roflolk:

Tha' Duck is here now and lots of things to say. The officiating was the best I've see this season!!!!! I saw everything they called and for the most part, they let the kids play. Good job TSSAA officials! Never thought I'd ever say that!!! The call mentioned was a helmet to helmet call and it was a good call even though not intientional.

The game was no where as close as the 18-7 score. Rebels owned the night!!!!

Jabriel Washington (even though a very speedy and gifted athlete) best think twice about going into the SEC because he'll be eaten alive.......he just plain don't like heavy contact. Only place he might fit in at 'Bama is as a DB and I really don't see that. He laid down tonight numerous times to keep from getting hit. Alabama won't care much for that!!! Meanwhile, TCA has a very solid team that will give many teams a fit. That is the only negative I have to say on tonight.

To my Rebels, ya'll finally showed me what I been looking for!!!! 4 quarters of hardnose football. Our D was it's usual self and the O plain showed out!!!! Some said if we hadn't peaked by the Humboldt game we weren't going to. Well Rebels ya'll are right on track. Pay no attention to the nay-sayers. Keep doing what ya'll did tonight and the 12th man (us) will be there all the way. As long as you leave it on the field we are there with you!!!! Great game tonight Rebels!!!

Congrats on a big win for the Rebles! :thumb:

It's A Jackson Thing Gridiron..We Just Don't Like Ya...Let's Take The T.V. Station For Instance....Why'd They Leave?...And If T.C.A. Was Winning, Would They Have Stayed For The Outcome?...True I Don't Think Shots At Jabriel Are Called For...But Hasn't That Been The Subject Of Alot Of TCA's Post?...It's Sort Of A Sore Subject With Us...Since The JCS Game Back In 06 And I Guess Way Back Before That...I Wish The Best For Any And Every Player TCA And JCS And All Players From Jackson Teams...But As For My Opinion, Don't Start None Won't Be None. :roflolk:

Why did WBBJ leave and not stay for the entire game? Because they had other games to cover. The McKenzie/TCA game was not the only game in West Tennessee last night. And no, they would not have stayed had TCA been in the lead all night either.

Now Butchie, you had to go and bring up the JCS game from 06. What point are you trying to make? All of the players on the field last night were in GRADE SCHOOL when that game happened. Let it go.

rebelsfan6, the holding call that was made calling back the McKenzie TD was the correct call. I had a perfect field level view of the play. The Mckenzie lineman basically tackled the TCA defender. And you are right, there were a couple of missed calls by the officials. There were calls missed on BOTH SIDES of the ball.

To the poster who was saying that Washington can't take a hit and lays down.......

McKenzie won the game last night in dominating fashion. Please don't take away from your teams nice win with talk that is just inappropriate. I could find some things to say about some of your players too if I wanted to. However, it would serve no good purpose.

Congrats to the players from McKenzie. You certainly earned your victory last night.

I want to see the Jackson Sun spin on this. Borenstein was in the pressbox last night for the entire game. Nice guy.

And Duck, I agree with you. Jabriel Washington is no doubt a talent, but folded like a paper last night several times. It reminded me alot of Chris Donald a few years ago when he had made his decision about UT and did not put out on the field. I will say that I did see him come up from his safety position and lay a couple of good licks.

And whoever said we "only got 18 points" (Reitz I believe), are you serious? We did it all on the ground for the most part. If Comer wanted to open it up and throw, it would have wasy been way over 20. Ball control and keeping Jabriel off the field was game plan and it was ran to perfection.

D, you are right completely. I think that officials are just leery of injuries such as we saw in the Gleason game. That's not a bad thing. But, pretty sure I and i'll bet even you have never seen a signal like that in a football game ever. The little knock on the head signal.

duck,

I naturally did not see the play, but if in an officials opinion the kid led with his helmet then he is guilty of the penalty which is 15 yards after the end of the run. The correct signal to display this penalty is the tapping of the index finger knuckle to the head. If he leads with the helmet it does not matter whether he actually makes contact or not it is still a penalty. That it why it could have looked like a possible un-flag-worthy type of call. You and Butchie know I have no dog in the race and I am glad you guys won. I was just trying to clarify why that official might have made that call. Does not have to make contact just has to lead with the helmet most of the time it will be the top of the helmet more so than the face mask. To the other poster that did not think there is a rule about using the helmet to make a tackle. it is in the rule book.

Good luck to the rebels the rest of the year. Looks like yall are gonna get a shafting in the playoff grids unless something changes.

Edited by cardfan

Why did WBBJ leave and not stay for the entire game? Because they had other games to cover. The McKenzie/TCA game was not the only game in West Tennessee last night. And no, they would not have stayed had TCA been in the lead all night either.

Now Butchie, you had to go and bring up the JCS game from 06. What point are you trying to make? All of the players on the field last night were in GRADE SCHOOL when that game happened. Let it go.

rebelsfan6, the holding call that was made calling back the McKenzie TD was the correct call. I had a perfect field level view of the play. The Mckenzie lineman basically tackled the TCA defender. And you are right, there were a couple of missed calls by the officials. There were calls missed on BOTH SIDES of the ball.

To the poster who was saying that Washington can't take a hit and lays down.......

McKenzie won the game last night in dominating fashion. Please don't take away from your teams nice win with talk that is just inappropriate. I could find some things to say about some of your players too if I wanted to. However, it would serve no good purpose.

Congrats to the players from McKenzie. You certainly earned your victory last night.

i plainly stated i couldnt tell if was holding or not wasnt watching in that area!.. wasnt questioning it. next topic

duck,

I naturally did not see the play, but if in an officials opinion the kid led with his helmet then he is guilty of the penalty which is 15 yards after the end of the run. The correct signal to display this penalty is the tapping of the index finger knuckle to the head. If he leads with the helmet it does not matter whether he actually makes contact or not it is still a penalty. That it why it could have looked like a possible un-flag-worthy type of call. You and Butchie know I have no dog in the race and I am glad you guys won. I was just trying to clarify why that official might have made that call. Does not have to make contact just has to lead with the helmet most of the time it will be the top of the helmet more so than the face mask. To the other poster that did not think there is a rule about using the helmet to make a tackle. it is in the rule book.

Didn't see the play, so can't say, but these rookie refs sometimes say one thing and mean another.

And we all know that rule is designed to protect the tackler, more than the ballcarrier. Hard to fault the refs if'n their intent is to protect the kids.:thumb: