Catholic v Maryville

jrlcm

My apologies to Coach Meadows and to his fine parents. I got caught up in the moment and posted a comment --since deleted -- that I had no business posting on here earlier. My anger wasn't so directed at Scott as it was to a decision he made early in his WB coaching career, but that still doesn't excuse my post.

Thanks to the person who brought it to my attention -- you know who you are. I hope you'll accept my apology.

Edited by GovMan

Ok, this is my first post on coach t...so be gentle! Just moved to Maryville a couple of months ago from Milan, and I must say - the football around here is pretty darn good (except for tonight!). From what I've seen (and experienced with my son in the midget league), the coaching here is top-notch. The athletes may actually be a little better in Milan, but they are not as well coached. And, it starts with the youth football leagues...they are much better here. There is no comparison, and it hurts to admit that. Anyway, this post is not about Milan, it about Maryville...

Now to the game tonight... Not impressed with the focus (or lack thereof) Maryville had tonight. Very ugly game...no telling how many penalties we had. I'm thinking we could have won by 3-4 touchdowns if we hadn't kept killing drives with penalties. There was no real rhythm or excitement to the game, and the crowd seemed very subdued. Probably lucky to come out on top, as we never really put Catholic totally away. At least not until that last defensive stand.

Other notes:

Hope Horne will be okay - he's a real asset and will be needed down the road.

Love watching Prevo - he's a threat to score every time he touches the ball. And...he's a freshman!

The crowds at Maryville need to be louder. It seems like a lot of the folks sit on their hands...not sure if it's from years of being spoiled with win after win, but we need to find a way to get that place rockin' a little bit more!

Go Rebels!

Ok, this is my first post on coach t...so be gentle! Just moved to Maryville a couple of months ago from Milan, and I must say - the football around here is pretty darn good (except for tonight!). From what I've seen (and experienced with my son in the midget league), the coaching here is top-notch. The athletes may actually be a little better in Milan, but they are not as well coached. And, it starts with the youth football leagues...they are much better here. There is no comparison, and it hurts to admit that. Anyway, this post is not about Milan, it about Maryville...

Now to the game tonight... Not impressed with the focus (or lack thereof) Maryville had tonight. Very ugly game...no telling how many penalties we had. I'm thinking we could have won by 3-4 touchdowns if we hadn't kept killing drives with penalties. There was no real rhythm or excitement to the game, and the crowd seemed very subdued. Probably lucky to come out on top, as we never really put Catholic totally away. At least not until that last defensive stand.

Other notes:

Love watching Prevo - he's a threat to score every time he touches the ball. And...he's a freshman!

The crowds at Maryville need to be louder. It seems like a lot of the folks sit on their hands...not sure if it's from years of being spoiled with win after win, but we need to find a way to get that place rockin' a little bit more!

Go Rebels!

Maryville didn't play very well tonight , but you can't be perfect every week . Maryville still won 28-14 and could of easily made it 35-14 if George wasn't such a classy guy , against a very good team . We probably are a little spoiled as fans .... geez why wouldn't we be ? Maryville fans travel very well and I find that our away game fans are usually the rowdy ones . I guess there were a lot of fans like myself tonight who never felt like we were in danger of losing the game even though we weren't playing very well .

Welcome to Maryville . We have another transplant from Milan that has worked out very well ..... Jeff Smith , former UT tight end and father of 3 former Maryville Football players who were part of many , many State Championships .

Other notes:

Go Rebels!

I'll bet you will find that the garbage service is much better here too! in fact thats probably what brought you here in the first place isn't it?