Perry Co. vs. Wayne CO.

tradertwo

reality? all this talk was going on last year as well... same players one year later... same talk and same result. do you remember last years score? it wasnt as close as some thought it was going to be. there are NO d1 talent on these two teams. sorry. Bethel should try to get one or two of them from each team. Cumberland should also, and maybe even Carson Newmen but even UNA would be a stretch for them.

Murray State, UT Martin, and UT Chattanooga have offered scholarships to players from Both teams from what I hear. MTSU visits these schools regularly by the way. So UNA, might be a fit, plus Juniors usually don't get offers until after the season ends.

It's comments like this that makes us think you're cocky. The only person I noticed using lol was me, and I WAS making a joke. EXCUSE ME for trying to bring a little levity to the T. Guess I forgot where I was, must have thought I was on Facebook or something. Sorry if I offended you cocky Wayne County folks.

Non taken. I'm really hard to offend. I don't get you all refering to us Wayne County folks as cocky. From what I hear you all have been chanting WE WANT WAYNE COUNTY since game 1. I like this type of chatter and it has made this football season fun for me. Believe it or not I was pulling for you all last week and even back when you all lost to Riverside. I was hoping for you all & us to be unbeaten to this point. This will be a good game I hope.

As a parent of a football player,I would have to say any offer from a college is an achievement. I read various post on here and often wonder if the players that are discussed read these threads.Football is very competitive,and I know alot of people are enjoying the ability to post their thoughts on here with secrecy. However the outcome of the game on Friday,I am proud of my son and want him to leave the game proud of his performance. This is a team sport and requires everyone clicking to bring home a win. When the game is over and the winner is announced I know all of the players mentioned in these threads will still be great in their own right. Excited for a great night of football on Friday!GO VIKINGS!!!!!!

As a parent of a football player,I would have to say any offer from a college is an achievement. I read various post on here and often wonder if the players that are discussed read these threads.Football is very competitive,and I know alot of people are enjoying the ability to post their thoughts on here with secrecy. However the outcome of the game on Friday,I am proud of my son and want him to leave the game proud of his performance. This is a team sport and requires everyone clicking to bring home a win.

You are right. I hope all of the players who would like a shot at playing at the next level get a chance. Some people get on here and blow up kids' heads and try to tell them how great they are and how good they will be in college. I think kids need to dream and if they want it,then they need to work for it but on the other hand we don't need to stretch it for them. We are all guilty of this to an extent and we all need to be realistic for them as well. There are several good athletes (for 1a) on both of these teams (my son included) but we as parents don't need to tell them they are something that they are not and can't be. This causes big let downs for them later on.

Back in the late 80's we (Wayne County) had a decent team. Several of us were All Region a couple of times and thought we were pretty good players back then. That's when it was A,AA,AAA. We played a guy by the name of Orlando Wade (Mr. Football twice in A & MVP of the State Championship) now he was good. He had size, speed and could run over you. He went to play at Mississippi State. He was a legend around here (Middle Tennessee)and probably the best player that I ever played against or have seen play in high school. He lasted 1 year at MSST before going to Carson Newman (or somewhere like that). That showed me that we were far from being good. Our high school level of play around here is so far from D1 it's not funny. All of our kids around here have a major up hill battle to reach D1 whither it is football, basketball, or baseball.

You are right. I hope all of the players who would like a shot at playing at the next level get a chance. Some people get on here and blow up kids' heads and try to tell them how great they are and how good they will be in college. I think kids need to dream and if they want it,then they need to work for it but on the other hand we don't need to stretch it for them. We are all guilty of this to an extent and we all need to be realistic for them as well. There are several good athletes (for 1a) on both of these teams (my son included) but we as parents don't need to tell them they are something that they are not and can't be. This causes big let downs for them later on.

Back in the late 80's we (Wayne County) had a decent team. Several of us were All Region a couple of times and thought we were pretty good players back then. That's when it was A,AA,AAA. We played a guy by the name of Orlando Wade (Mr. Football twice in A & MVP of the State Championship) now he was good. He had size, speed and could run over you. He went to play at Mississippi State. He was a legend around here (Middle Tennessee)and probably the best player that I ever played against or have seen play in high school. He lasted 1 year at MSST before going to Carson Newman (or somewhere like that). That showed me that we were far from being good. Our high school level of play around here is so far from D1 it's not funny. All of our kids around here have a major up hill battle to reach D1 whither it is football, basketball, or baseball.

I never knew you were so deep. Color me impressed.

Edited by cornerback10

well dray chased him down a couple times and taylor dill dont play defense and jacob play mike and the other dude plays d end and garret plays dog. and the end cant chase him down he has a slant or contain and mike is reading the only one who can really see it is dray bcs everytime they ran a sweep the would block the dog . so it would be up to the outside line backer to make the tackle but wasnt fast enough i dont know what that kid from wood runs but he was fast

nobody on Pc or WC could run down Caperton from behind unless he was injured or

they had a good angle...sorry, it just wouldn't happen...same goes for Zack Evans

maybe that Webster kid from Mt Pleasant could do it but I dunno

Whatever happened to Wade?

Whatever happened to Wade?

He did a little time at CCA. I ran into him about 2 years ago at a WMS basketball game. He had a son playing for Whitthorne in Columbia.

However, I did watch him play on TV his freshmman year at MSST. They played UT and he played WR and caught a few passes.

Great post, I agree completely. I too am guilty of this, and I do hope that anybody with a dream gets at least a shot at that dream.

you must be new ? bcs most people on here have 2 or 3 accounts. so he might have just made a new one and started posting on that one duh??

Well...I don't know why you would have 2 or 3 accounts on here...unless you say something under one name and than agree with yourself under another name to make ppl think your posting is smart :ugeek: but whatever. :rolleyes:

Anyway, this is gonna be a good game. I think that WC's D is prolly all around better than PC's. Although, I think that PC's O-line is prolly better at blocking than WC's O-line, but WC has some really good D-ends. #67 Boston Ray and #79 Jacoby Brewer. So, I think that these two team's lines will offsent each other giving the team's the advantages in their skilled players. Thus, WC having the edge on PC because of: WC's passing game vs. PC's secondary. Go Cats!!! :thumb: