BLACKMAN VS OAKLAND

pattonboysdad

Congrats to the Blaze on the win tonight, great game indeed. Oakland did a good job of moving the football, but credit Blackman's defense, every time we so much as sniffed the Blackman 35, they built a wall around us. All this talk about how Strickland is the weak link of the team is bull to me; I saw a savvy, composed qb who didnt try to force anything just let the game come to him.

I thought our defense played well enough to win the game, held Mathers for the most part, just needed to make a few more plays on offense. For those that call this an upset, I think they read too much into the rankings, id be willing to be if these 2 teams played each other 10 times, it would be split right down the middle.

Time to go back to drawing board and get ready for another tough matchup at Christian County

You know I kind of feel like we are twins from different mothers. (For you LOD)

Glad to read that your glass is getting a little more full than empty. However, I think that the key to Blackman's Victory will be Ball control. I really believe that Blackman's Defense can do a good job containing Oakland's Offense as long as they are not asked to do it all night. If Blackman can run some clock and avoid the turn overs and three and done the Blaze have a road to victory. As I have listed before on this thread a low scoring game. Blaze 14 & Oakland 13. Watch for the "Burro" to have a good night with a couple of big plays.

Missed the score but the "Burro" did have a couple of good plays.

First Oakland is a GREAT Team. Really good!

The Blaze played a complete game. As for a standout player. Just pick a number. Go down the roster and give them all a star. The entire team played the best that they have played all year and that is what it takes to get a "W" when facing teams like Oakland.

Great game by all.

As far as the game goes. Oakland came out wanting a fist fight, knocked us down early, had us on the ropes. But a big punch by Mathers in the 2nd quarter, evened things out. Both teams fought toe to toe in the 2nd half with Blackman finally landing a haymaker with 1 minute to go in the 12th round.

Oakland has a great team. Their passing game is outstanding. Adams at qb is a heck of a player. Oaklands defense is very tough. Did a great job on Mathers other than his long run. Right there with Smyrna's as far as the best I've seen this year.

Big thumbs up to Strickland tonight. The kid put some throws on the money and came thru in the clutch. He's not athletic like Adams but he can throw the ball well and grew up a lot tonight. Great job by the defense after the 1st quarter. Once we figured them out and settled down, I thought our defense controlled the game. Also, have to mention #21 Raby. Kid played his heart out and made 2 plays to win the game. If he doesnt make either play, we probably lose.

WOW! It's really hard to summon the words to describe what transpired tonight. So many story lines. I agree with the Donkey, you would have to have a box of mvp awards for the whole team. I agree with blazealltheway about Tyler. I don't like call out kids by name when it comes to negativity, but what we witnessed tonight was a young man taking a huge step forward. Great kid and easy to root for. The defense was dominating from the second quarter on. Lil donkey was huge, no bad snaps (yeah mykidsdad kid). Awesome fellas! You maka mea so proud! And truly it could not have happened for a nicer group of kids!

We Are Blackman! and that aint all bad!