Perry County at Collinwood

jusboro

64 members have voted

1. 1. Trojans or Vikings?

• Collinwood
    • Perry County

seems like the speed advantage goes to Perry County. i think home field and coaching will help collinwood out a little but they are still the underdog in this matchup.

Well its like this. If the team that played a huge Adamsville team showes up Friday night .... this game will be a slobber knocker :popcorneater: !!! But if the team that played DA showes up ... the Trojans had better look out. I dont see a let up this week but the ol FALL BREAK gets us this week sooooooo who knows !!! Congrats to the coaching staff and JV players for knocking off a very big Lexington AL. team tonight 13 to 9 ! They was some hitting going on all night long :thumb: !! GO TROJANS

Well I guess I will put my twenty cents worth in. Collinwood lost to Mtp in the

second game of the season and the Trojans hadn't quite gotten their ducks in a

row at that point. They were running from the shotgun which their quarterback

couldn't execute. The strength of their team is their amazing horde of running

backs. Now they just line up and run the ball and watch the scoreboard click.

Collinwood is kinda unique from what I've seen. Because they have about eight or

ten really, really fast guys they can score from anywhere on the field at any time

offense, defense, or special teams. I'm guessing their defense and return teams

have outscored the offense by quite a bit. I wonder what exactly the coaching

staff there does to make white boys run so fast. Is there some technique or something

that you can do during training to increase speed. Whatever it is, it works for them.

Also, they ain't as little as people say. Their D tackles are about 280 and the other

about 240. The freshmen Montgomery plays end at 6'4" 204 and the other end is about

185-190 and that guy is pretty quick. He returned a fumble about 60 plus yards for

a td against Richland last week.

Zack Evans, Blake Caperton, Tanner Sanderson, Chase Roberson, and Brady Ray are the

big guns for Collinwood but look out for no 2 Devin Brewer and no 3 Nick Caperton

cause those two little guys can really burn.

as a matter of fact i know the staff of both teams... i think you are taking offense for no reason. i didnt say anything bad of the PC coaching staff. they are doing a great job. but there is a whole lot of coaching experience on the collinwood staff... Statom and winburn have a lot of years between them compared to the 3 or 4 years of experience on the PC side... therefore i give them the edge, :thumb:

in high school football, especially in 1A, the best coaches dont always win. a great game plan means nothing if you dont have talent or if there are turnovers, flags, bad calls, bad weather, injuries. just to name a few things that can mess up a great game plan. doesnt mean it wasnt a good plan.

sorry for your confusion.

I love this forum, nowhere else can you hear so many opinions and here is another… I too know both of the coaches and I think both will have sound game plans in place. I also know that no matter what the plan, it has to be carried out. Neither coaching staff can do this. It is the players’ charge to work the plan. As for which of the teams show up, we can only hope that both will be at their best. After last week’s slow start I can’t imagine PC overlooking CW. I expect a hard hitting, aggressive attack. Row Vikings Row!!!

I watched every game from beginning to end last year that cw played and the pc game was hands down the worst coaching and player effort that we played all year then mix some terribly bad calls by the refs in and well we know what happened.

I dont expect that to happen again at least not from the coaching and players.

However, I think they(the players) were a little shocked, unprepared, whatever by the ability of Tucker and Mercer but will be ready for it this year and we definitely have players that can keep up with them defensively.

And by the way Grinch nice try comparing the Mtp games but cw has grown alot since that game. The line has really stepped it up and the offense is running much smoother. That would be like comparing the ca game, we smashed in the mouth and made em look like a bunch of peewees and pc had a little trouble with em?

With all that being said, I have no idea what's gonna happen Friday but can't wait to find out! :twisted:

Really, it seems pretty even, or even a little bit of a upside to the Trojans here on Coach T.

Both these teams have been playing an underdog role all year. Even playing the part of spoiler to some teams. This game will be exciting, close, and vital to the Region Championship. I would just hate to miss this game if I were a Fan of High School Football.

Tucker plays his best games when the team is on his shoulders, The Dray Mercer helped pull the Vikings out of the upset last week, and even won the game soundly in the second half. Adversity seems to be these two's best friend. I like the upset to go to the Vikings fellow CoachT'ers

i think you are stretching a lot by saying PC is or has played an underdog role... on paper they should be undefeated and on paper they should win this week by at least two touchdowns. i would say the only time they are underdogs is v. waynesboro. PC should begin expecting to win every week.

i think you are stretching a lot by saying PC is or has played an underdog role... on paper they should be undefeated and on paper they should win this week by at least two touchdowns. i would say the only time they are underdogs is v. waynesboro. PC should begin expecting to win every week.

What paper u lookin at? <_<:popcorneater:

Haha, I think I have a Case and point on this matter.

Big D, you seem to have a good grasp on this region, but there are still too many doubters against the Vikings to let them Believe that they are the favorites. People around this area don't want to believe that Perry County should be winning each and every week. Thus, the underdog role. It's almost like the team is overachieving to some fans.

have you looked at the numbers PC is putting up, those are winning numbers... what paper are you looking at?

LCHS grinch: i have followed this region for a long time. a good friend of mine coached at PC and i remember Zeemer playing (coaching now i think) under rice. i do like to catch a WC game or two and when PC played in the West TN districts, i rarely missed a game.

have you looked at the numbers PC is putting up, those are winning numbers... what paper are you looking at?

LCHS grinch: i have followed this region for a long time. a good friend of mine coached at PC and i remember Zeemer playing (coaching now i think) under rice. i do like to catch a WC game or two and when PC played in the West TN districts, i rarely missed a game.

I'm not sure PC is even looking at Collinwood as a game as much as a warm up for Wayne County. From what I hear PC fans have been chanting WE WANT WAYNE COUNTY since the first game. If PC isn't focused this week Collinwood will beat them while they are looking ahead to WAYNE COUNTY.

The end of the season should be very interesting all 3 teams and Cornersville. I'd say it could end in a three way tie (WC,PC,Cwood) with Cornersville loosing all three of their games and not making the playoffs.

Haha, I think I have a Case and point on this matter.

Big D, you seem to have a good grasp on this region, but there are still too many doubters against the Vikings to let them Believe that they are the favorites. People around this area don't want to believe that Perry County should be winning each and every week. Thus, the underdog role. It's almost like the team is overachieving to some fans.

Grinch, you have a valid point. But I remember, and I'm sure many others around here do too, that even when they played Jr Pro, this particular group of boys always had a winning team. I remember one of their coaches telling me that he didn't have anything to do with it, anybody could take that group and win with them. They made it to the playoffs several times, and even made it to the Super Bowl once, but always seemed to choke in the end. The difference now?

1) They are older and more mature now;

2) They are more highly motivated;

3) Most of them played 3 sports then, and by the time playoffs came around, they were also playing basketball, so they were worn out. While some of them do still play 2 or 3 sports, they are only concentrating on FOOTBALL right now. I think that will make a difference. Tucker & Mercer both play 3 sports, but IMO football is the best game for both of them.

Maybe some fans think they're overachieving, but I think they are fulfilling their potential. PC has always been a basketball county, but from the look of the crowded stands at the games, football may give basketball a run for the money.