Westview @ Obion Co

treefitty74

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has the makings of a very exciting and very intense game. I believe it will be close and turnovers will be the deciding factor. The OC D-line looked much better this week and if they play the run as well this week, the linebackers can cover the flats and OC will come out ahead. Westview will be ready but I think the Rebels will be fired up back at home. If so, it's gonna be a great game. If not, they don't deseerve it. I think OC by less than a TD.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no local team that can cover 6 receivers when a QB is as hot as Trey Phipps was Friday in Dyersburg...Somebody, probably two or three, will be open...Having said that, I doubt Westview's experienced defense is going to let Phipps just stand back there and throw the ball...They will bring pressure..Can Central adjust then and utilize LaDevin Fair on draws and screens ??...OC played flawlessly against the Trojans...Westview's defense is very solid...

OC again showed an opposing coach different sets and different personnel this week..If a coach doesn't have all 7 games on film they will have missed something..

The defense will again be tested..Westview is better than Dyersburg, plain and simple...They are better coached than Dyersburg and they will be better prepared...This will be a tough, physical game...It will be intense...As treefitty74 posted, they hate each other and it don't matter what sport they are playing...

OC needs this game worse than Westview does...OC has to win...They answered the bell last Friday night...Westview leads the series 15-11 and came back at home last year from an 8-7 halftime deficit to beat the Rebels rather handily...It was the lone loss in a 4-1 regular season finish for the Rebs...

Hopefully the Rebs turned the corner as a team Friday night and realized what was at stake...It will be great to play at home again after 5 weeks, including the open date...

I'm going with the Rebels at home...

I continue to be impressed with the play of the OCC receiving group. For the most part they are undersized and not gifted with great speed although I wouldn't call them slow. What I like is the intensity with which they perform. They block off the ball and they play hard every play when they aren't the primary receiver. Hats off to Tanner, Shawn, Nathan, McGrew, Fair and the others. Like someone said, if you don't get pressure on Trey, these kids will rip your heart out. I don't believe this group had three catches between them last season but look at them now! With just an average day by the defense I look for the Rebels to roll in this one.

I continue to be impressed with the play of the OCC receiving group. For the most part they are undersized and not gifted with great speed although I wouldn't call them slow. What I like is the intensity with which they perform. They block off the ball and they play hard every play when they aren't the primary receiver. Hats off to Tanner, Shawn, Nathan, McGrew, Fair and the others. Like someone said, if you don't get pressure on Trey, these kids will rip your heart out. I don't believe this group had three catches between them last season but look at them now! With just an average day by the defense I look for the Rebels to roll in this one.

They can also plug in Patton,who was their leading receiver last season, and Williams..The receiving group has some of the hardest hitters on the team as well...

There is no local team that can cover 6 receivers when a QB is as hot as Trey Phipps was Friday in Dyersburg...Somebody, probably two or three, will be open...Having said that, I doubt Westview's experienced defense is going to let Phipps just stand back there and throw the ball...They will bring pressure..Can Central adjust then and utilize LaDevin Fair on draws and screens ??...OC played flawlessly against the Trojans...Westview's defense is very solid...

OC again showed an opposing coach different sets and different personnel this week..If a coach doesn't have all 7 games on film they will have missed something..

The defense will again be tested..Westview is better than Dyersburg, plain and simple...They are better coached than Dyersburg and they will be better prepared...This will be a tough, physical game...It will be intense...As treefitty74 posted, they hate each other and it don't matter what sport they are playing...

OC needs this game worse than Westview does...OC has to win...They answered the bell last Friday night...Westview leads the series 15-11 and came back at home last year from an 8-7 halftime deficit to beat the Rebels rather handily...It was the lone loss in a 4-1 regular season finish for the Rebs...

Hopefully the Rebs turned the corner as a team Friday night and realized what was at stake...It will be great to play at home again after 5 weeks, including the open date...

I'm going with the Rebels at home...

Very good post and would agree OC is playing much better and i also go with Rebels! Good luck! :thumb:

The OC Rebs showed this past Friday at D'burg what kind of talent they have and what they can do when they execute the game plan. :thumb: The Defense played well to.. had 3 or 4 sacks and kept the Trojan running game in check.

Westview will be a different story. Probably the best offensive line the Rebs will see all season. :unsure: A three year starter at QB and veteran coach who must come up with a defensive package to solve the Rebels spread set offense.

Being consistent has been the big hurdle for OC this season so let's see if they can put on a solid performance in back to back games .

This will be the first time in well over a month that OCCHS will play on their home turf so hopefully Rebel Nation will come out and support this young men.

Remember- you don't have to have a big crowd JUST for the Union City game each year, you can come out and watch them in other games as well..

I'm looking forward to a very competitive 13AA district game on Friday night.

Getcha Popcorn Ready!! :popcorneater: