How many games would Alcoa lose if.....

Football101101

Hey there Omaha. This years' playoffs will definitely be as advertised....the most competitive in the nation, as Div I is loaded this year.

Ohio Div I

I can honestly say I don't see a favorite out of the top fifteen. I do think that two or three other divisions have clear cut heavy favorites as Div IV Kettering Alter has dominated, only losing to Div I power Centerville, and in Div V Youngstown Ursuline has beaten up on Div II & III powers including Mooney, Steubenville and Mentor Lake Catholic. They can play with anyone in Div I. Div VI Delphos St. Johns will steamroll the competition all the way to the title game. This year will definitely be one of the most brutal big school playoffs in recent memory.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW put down the peace pipe. There might be 4 teams that could keep it close with the Tornadoes this year. Obviously you and several other poster don't realize how good this Alcoa team really is. The offensive weapons that we have are really unbelievable for high school football in this state. If this team end the season real strong. then I might be able to say this is the best ALCOA team EVER. Then I could also say that we would go undefeated in any of the districts this year. WITHOUT A DOUBT!!! Also we have contacted a few of those schools and a few have already turned us down. IMAGINE THAT....

That is why you should follow the same route that "the little school that could" did. Play up, and prove it then that will shut everybody up. That is the difference one school talks about it (fans) and the other school went out and did it. Only problem is when you start beating the big fellas things will come to the forefront that at the moment seem to not be an issue. Rankin knows this, he despised it in middle tn and now enjoying same situation. And moving up to highest class would ruin it for him.

Edited by my2cents

That is why you should follow the same route that "the little school that could" did. Play up, and prove it then that will shut everybody up. That is the difference one school talks about it (fans) and the other school went out and did it. Only problem is when you start beating the big fellas things will come to the forefront that at the moment seem to not be an issue. Rankin knows this, he despised it in middle tn and now enjoying same situation. And moving up to highest class would ruin it for him.

Look at Alcoa's schedule.......they ALWAYS play up! Over the last 10 years they have played the BEST in the state..........Over the last twenty years they have beat every DII schools to step UP and play them. Alcoa even traveled out of state and played KY's 4A state champions. This has made it near impossible to get 10 games each year. Next year Alcoa will need 4 games. So, the REAL question is "when will the "big fellas" finally schedule a home and home with Alcoa???? Quit yappin and STEP UP!! :thumb:

Look at Alcoa's schedule.......they ALWAYS play up! Over the last 10 years they have played the BEST in the state..........Over the last twenty years they have beat every DII schools to step UP and play them. Alcoa even traveled out of state and played KY's 4A state champions. This has made it near impossible to get 10 games each year. Next year Alcoa will need 4 games. So, the REAL question is "when will the "big fellas" finally schedule a home and home with Alcoa???? Quit yappin and STEP UP!! :thumb:

BCsportsfan I have heard thru the grapevine that Webb will be picked up next year. Also MBA will play in the Blount County bowl. We don't know who will play who yet in the bowl. If these games happen then maybe we can put some of this to rest. I would LOVE to play MBA next year even if were not as good as this year. If its not us it will be Maryville :roflol:......Good luck on that one next year. Also I want to thank the MBA program for stepping it up to play in the BC bowl. :thumb:

BCsportsfan I have heard thru the grapevine that Webb will be picked up next year. Also MBA will play in the Blount County bowl. We don't know who will play who yet in the bowl. If these games happen then maybe we can put some of this to rest. I would LOVE to play MBA next year even if were not as good as this year. If its not us it will be Maryville :roflol:......Good luck on that one next year. Also I want to thank the MBA program for stepping it up to play in the BC bowl. :thumb:

As of right now, Baylor and MBA are "considering" attending the BC bowl.........The main hold up is who would play Maryville next year. IMO, They know how strong the Rebels will be! :thumb:

That's going to be pretty grand considering the jabs Maryville has taken from the DII posters the last few years. Have you noticed how the 6A poster don't talk their trash toward Maryville any more. Hopefully the Blount County teams can earn some respect from the DII schools. As for MBA their definitely in from what I was told. I would say its from a reliable source. VERY reliable..... :flower:

No, by play up I mean move up, when next classification comes around move up to 6A. Then make them play ya thats what the "little school that could" did, and trust me the big fellas did not like it. All I know is for all the talk, I know of only 1 school that actually walked the walk and walked away with 2 gold balls in the biggest classification in Tennessee football at the time.

No, by play up I mean move up, when next classification comes around move up to 6A. Then make them play ya thats what the "little school that could" did, and trust me the big fellas did not like it. All I know is for all the talk, I know of only 1 school that actually walked the walk and walked away with 2 gold balls in the biggest classification in Tennessee football at the time.

FWIW,

Alcoa DID play up in the 80's and 90's until TN went to four classes?

They were and A size school playing in AA and actually won a title over Brentwood Academy (89) after losing in the finals the year before.

We have already beaten the 1985 Chicago Bears, the '98 Vols and we beat the (then) undefeated Patriots in Super Bowl XLII. What more do you people want?

*Our football team actually beat the Chicago Bulls in hoops too when 23 45 was playing baseball.

FWIW,

Alcoa DID play up in the 80's and 90's until TN went to four classes?

They were and A size school playing in AA and actually won a title over Brentwood Academy (89) after losing in the finals the year before.

We have already beaten the 1985 Chicago Bears, the '98 Vols and we beat the (then) undefeated Patriots in Super Bowl XLII. What more do you people want?

*Our football team actually beat the Chicago Bulls in hoops too when 23 45 was playing baseball.

But you never went to the top classification, so until you do that it is all talk. While the "little school that could" actually did it back to back. :rolleyes:

Team's Alcoa would NOT beat this year;

Murfreesboro Oakland

Montgomery Bell Academy

Baylor

Brentwood Academy

Memphis Ridgeway...yes...Memphis Ridgeway

Ensworth

Smyrna

Jackson Northside

Whitehaven

jury still out on Liberty Magnet in Jackson

Christian Brothers

Briarcrest Christian

MUS

I can PROMISE all Alcoa fans...as much as I love the Tornadoes..(over the other Blount County schools)...if your team competed in Districts 7-AAA, 9-AAA, 11-AAA, and CERTAINLY 15 & 16 AAA...you would not be undefeated this season! It's plain...it's simple..it's obvious!...but..due to your enrollment...luckily..you'll never have to compete in those districts!...however, above is an even dozen who I'm sure would welcome a game with Alcoa anytime...if the actual school administrators feel the same as many of your Coacht posters...they should give each one a call this December. Good Luck Tornadoes!!

DUDE OBVIOULSLY DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL. JACKSON NORTHSIDE, LIBERTY MAGNET? ARE YOU STUPID OR WHAT? NEITHER OF THESE TEAMS COULD BEAT MILAN AND YOU SEEN WHAT HAPPENED TO MILAN THE LAST 2 YEARS AGAINST ALCOA. anyway i can see alcoa going 8-2 0r 9-1 and still goin to state and possibly winning it. YES THEY ARE THAT GOOD!