South Pitt at Polk County

PittsburgLegend

I know we picked up Chatt Central and Signal Mtn to replace Notre Dame and Tellico and keeping Bradley, but does any Polk fans know if we are keeping Walker Valley and Chatt Christian and if not who might we be replacing them with. I heard a rumor that we've called Cleveland, Alcoa, and CAK just wondering what you all have heard. Hopefully we'll keep South Pitt.

Edited by polkalumni

Is it true Polk is playing Signal Mt next year? That would be an interesting match-up, but I assume SM will be down next year losing their QB. I assume SP will want to continue to play SM.

I think it will happen if the schedules work out. SM moving up means they have another group of region games to line up first. SM is having the same problem SP does every year...not many teams want to play us...even from higher classifications

Nope not a coach at all never coached a minute of football in my life and honestly not trash talking but stating observations from my own POV. Just an observer and an idiot from time to time and a sheet stirrer and very observant yet blind in some cases as well as every person on here at any point in time, AND NO ONE CAN DENY THAT LITTLE TID BIT OF INFO. I've tried to be calm and fact based but jibberish from Howie gets me POed and releases my ability to stick my foot in my mouth. I know officials run the clock also. Anyway I have yet to make a prediction and will not honestly. I didn't last year either. I can't wait to see this game and I will be planted in my seat and hoping for the best for both teams no matter the result. And Howie? You sure you're not Powerp's alternate personality? :mrgreen:

CoachJ, let me ask you a question. I was reading in my Murphy Fair book and Polk has some big ole boys. Who is the strongest boy on that team and how much can he lift? I garuntee you that last year Polk County was knocking some holes in our line for their runners to run through. I also noticed that picture of that Davis coach in my Murphy Fair book. That guy needs to shave that mustache off before he sends another picture to Murphy. I will be bringing plenty of hot cocoa this week if anyone needs any. I hope Grider has had our boys lifting today so we will be big and strong on Friday. You think im joking but im not.

I think it will happen if the schedules work out. SM moving up means they have another group of region games to line up first. SM is having the same problem SP does every year...not many teams want to play us...even from higher classifications

ZonePirate, let me ask you a question. I watched that Midland team and Abilene team last week on tv. That Abilene team killed that Midland team, but we might could play with that Midland team. Why don't Grider call them and we might could get on television and play them?

Zonepirate, that guy that said something about the clock running is that Polk County CoachJ. Is this guy actually a coach for them getting on here trash talking? I am with you though. I have NEVER seen a football team run the clock. That is usually done by the referees. South Pittsburg WILL have a difficult time trying to win this game. I just don't think SP matches up very well with Polk County-Benton. I expect it to be much like last year. It will be hard on the pirates to beat the bigger more physical team. Polk County-Benton is the favorite in this game so it is up to them to perform.

SM and Polk are the 2 that worried me before the season started. We played toe to toe and could have beaten SM but fell short. Having to travel to Benton makes this a tougher game but our older kids have been there before when we scrimmaged them a few years back so it's not like we are going to a place we have never been. I think our Seniors will have business on their minds this week and we will make a game of it. Polk is the kind of team that gives us problems.

Oh Yeah! That is what coacht is all about. Havin' fun and talkin' trash. I live very close to Polk County though(20 Minutes). By the way, this is a homecoming for former SP Defensive coach Dave Baxter who played his football at Polk County before going to college on scholarship. He played on the old football field back in the day where Chilhowee Middle School is. Went by there and seen the field and it had a definite atmosphere of history. People up in Benton are very friendly and are very set in their ways also. It would be very nice to see that area become more culturally diverse and more populated but than again, it has that backwoods-country swagger that only Polk County folks know. I enjoy reading all the cheapshots on coacht from east to west so good luck to all teams who are playing on friday night.-------HowiePirate---Class of 1985! Go Pirates!

Tone it down a little howie...Thanks

I know we picked up Chatt Central and Signal Mtn to replace Notre Dame and Tellico and keeping Bradley, but does any Polk fans know if we are keeping Walker Valley and Chatt Christian and if not who might we be replacing them with. I heard a rumor that we've called Cleveland, Alcoa, and CAK just wondering what you all have heard. Hopefully we'll keep South Pitt.

I know if they add those team to their schedule it would tuffen it up trememdously, but I dont believe they are really up to the challenge of adding Cleveland, Alcoa and CAK to their reg season schedule. If they do it would really suprise me but it would be a statement about them wanting to get better and prepare for the post seasons.

Ole Howiepirate blew his cover. He is a closet Bradley fan and cant stand the attention the cats get over this way. He wants to tell you that the cats are not as good as last year because the bears beat us and congads to them. They were much improved over last year and made their own breaks to get the win. What he doesnt want you to know is that the cats had more first downs, more rushing yards, and more total yards in the game than the bears did. Bears edged us a little in passing yardage in the game. Polk had three turnovers that resulted in 20 of their 26 points and they won 26-16. Allen had a boot on his ankle til mid week and wasnt expected to play. There are the facts. Glad to see the real pirate fans can give respect WHEN EARNED not like some other folks. Had a guy come up to me at Wendy's in SP last year to tell me that we hadnt seen speed like we would that night. To his credit he came over to our side at halftime and found me to tell me we had a really good team. NOW THATS CLASS !!! Looking forward to the game and this one should be another great one. Hope the SP folks travel over as well as we did to play you all last year. Good luck to all. Hope all stay healthy for the playoffs cause we are both going and hope going farther than last year.

Zonepirate, that guy that said something about the clock running is that Polk County CoachJ. Is this guy actually a coach for them getting on here trash talking? I am with you though. I have NEVER seen a football team run the clock. That is usually done by the referees. South Pittsburg WILL have a difficult time trying to win this game. I just don't think SP matches up very well with Polk County-Benton. I expect it to be much like last year. It will be hard on the pirates to beat the bigger more physical team. Polk County-Benton is the favorite in this game so it is up to them to perform.

South Pitt is the favorite, as they were last year.

The pirates are hungry and will be ready to click on all cylinders Friday night..Psycho Reynolds and the boys are ready to bring it on D I believe, and the offense like always will be ready..Can't come out flat like last year though...have to be the AGGRESSOR in this matchup Friday night..Have to make the small meaningful plays to win the big time games!!

Coach Grider, is that you? :unsure: