South Pitt at Polk County

PittsburgLegend

Yeah they could if they were big, strong, and physical but they're not so that's unfortunate

This comment from a previous post "This game will be close but Polk will come out with a W against that little 1A team as South Pitt fans will say after the game friday".

Old Pirate says here is a real skillet head. Don't recon any fellers that have any since of numbers would say anything other than South Pittsburg IS A LITTLE 1A school. You goat breeders up ther in Deliverance country don't seem to face the facts ya'll is a lot bigger and should win every game against a small school like SP. Fact 1. SP has a lot to gain by beating a well coached talented much larger team. Fact 2. Polk has a lot to gain ifin theys beats that little ole 240 student school cause the Pirates usually play the game at a high level. Fact 3. Ifin Polk was to lose at home theys will kinda lose respect in some circles.

OP does agree the Pirates are not as physical as they should be and have depended too much on speed alone in recent years.

Edited by OLD PIRATE

:roflol:that is bs.. you don't fool anyone. You trashed Polk Co last year by saying the same things toward the Wildcats. You also stated last Nov. that you would not be back on the T until the Pirates won a state championship. You failed to keep your word.

:roflol: youngons..........theys always doing the craw-dad shuffle wingman.. :roflol:

Polk has everyone returning and is big and is coached well. SP is small, but quick. I look for Polk to run alot of 2 tight ends formations or short formations and just run the ball up and down the field. All we can hope for is to match scores. Polk has always tackled well, so I just hope we don't beat ourselves with penalties. I believe the difference in this game will come down to coaching adjustments and special teams. Good luck to both teams.

I say SP and Polk get together and go up to Basin and show them what real football is about!!! :popcorneater:

:roflol:that is bs.. you don't fool anyone. You trashed Polk Co last year by saying the same things toward the Wildcats. You also stated last Nov. that you would not be back on the T until the Pirates won a state championship. You failed to keep your word.

Wingman...every post you have made about SP for the last year or so has been negative....what has gotten you to hating us?? Did we beat your favorite team or something???

Polk has everyone returning and is big and is coached well. SP is small, but quick. I look for Polk to run alot of 2 tight ends formations or short formations and just run the ball up and down the field. All we can hope for is to match scores. Polk has always tackled well, so I just hope we don't beat ourselves with penalties. I believe the difference in this game will come down to coaching adjustments and special teams. Good luck to both teams.

I say SP and Polk get together and go up to Basin and show them what real football is about!!! :popcorneater:

They don't want none of South Pitt or Polk, they're just gonna ride their high horse up there for as long as they can.

Pirate Mike will you guys get the cougars in the playoffs? I cant figure out who lines up in the lower classifications when the playoffs start. Thought they used to be in your district. They may have the best team in years but hard to tell seeing as they have played two of the worst teams in North Carolina and one of the worst teams in Georgia add in a reform school and two small private church schools plus whitwell and boom your 7-0 and ranked 4th in the state. WOW. I know our district is really down and our non district foes except for Bradley and you guys hasnt panned out too well but gee whiz. Give me a clue.

South Pittsburg IS the underdog in this game. Polk County-Benton beat South Pittsburg last season.

81.6% of Coach Ter's favor South Pitt. Looks to me like Polk is the underdog. Polk also beat Bradley Central last season.

Your poor mouthing is sickening. Enough with the B.S.

Edited by DrFlint

You honestly think they could beat Signal? I could see them moving the ball and matching their size but I don't see them EVER stopping them on offense with their passing game

Polk may very well win Friday night....but beat Signal...now thats a statement..hey had some big boys and a great qb and depth like crazy on the line...now with that being said though..SP had their chance to win...should be interesting Friday