Tennessee High @ Daniel Boone

formerblazer

I have a question that I'm concerned will be taken as negative. I don't want to be negative toward any kid, but I'm not sure how to word the question to make it sound non negative. So I'll just ask. What is it that UT liked in Downs? I haven't seen anything spectacular out of him this year. Now, that may not be his fault. I just don't understand why, if he is as good as I think he is, he isn't more prominent. Is there no way to get him the ball more, or is he not playing to potential? I have only seen two TH games, so maybe I'm just not paying close enough attention. It seems however that I'm not the only one to think that maybe he is underutilized.

Its called COACH STUBBS.

I have a question that I'm concerned will be taken as negative. I don't want to be negative toward any kid, but I'm not sure how to word the question to make it sound non negative. So I'll just ask. What is it that UT liked in Downs? I haven't seen anything spectacular out of him this year. Now, that may not be his fault. I just don't understand why, if he is as good as I think he is, he isn't more prominent. Is there no way to get him the ball more, or is he not playing to potential? I have only seen two TH games, so maybe I'm just not paying close enough attention. It seems however that I'm not the only one to think that maybe he is underutilized.

REALLY? There is more to TE than recieving. All around Brendan Downs has IT. Tremendous upside. Loads of potential. Watch what goes on in the trenches. He can also get it done in the passing game. UT picked up a gem IMO. Not everyone fans out, but he has Witten like potential. All-Purpose TE. He is 6'6 around 225lbs and runs 4.7 40 with a decent vertical (nothin official, but kid has hops).

REALLY? There is more to TE than recieving. All around Brendan Downs has IT. Tremendous upside. Loads of potential. Watch what goes on in the trenches. He can also get it done in the passing game. UT picked up a gem IMO. Not everyone fans out, but he has Witten like potential. All-Purpose TE. He is 6'6 around 225lbs and runs 4.7 40 with a decent vertical (nothin official, but kid has hops).

Very good package over on Youtube. You should take a look.

The recruiting game is a study in it's own rite. Recruiting potential or exponential produces, obviously, two different flavors of athlete. Downs is of course potential recruitment. I personally don't see the potential but I could very well get schooled in another week. It's easy to see quantified talent. Another thing to see potential. Downs has the perfect dimensions for his native position. Put 25lbs. on him, make him faster, stronger...meaner...well the potential for a Jason Whitten is there. Provided the killer instinct exists. I actually think Stubbs will use him more in the next two games than he has been used cumulatively to date. I do think it is great for an unglorafied kid to get a chance to build a chance of a lifetime. The numbers for success are not encouraging but some of the best athletes come from less than stellar situations. JUCO'S, lower division transfers...they come in all forms. I hope the best for him. It's a long hard road and he needs all the support he can get.

The recruiting game is a study in it's own rite. Recruiting potential or exponential produces, obviously, two different flavors of athlete. Downs is of course potential recruitment. I personally don't see the potential but I could very well get schooled in another week. It's easy to see quantified talent. Another thing to see potential. Downs has the perfect dimensions for his native position. Put 25lbs. on him, make him faster, stronger...meaner...well the potential for a Jason Whitten is there. Provided the killer instinct exists. I actually think Stubbs will use him more in the next two games than he has been used cumulatively to date. I do think it is great for an unglorafied kid to get a chance to build a chance of a lifetime. The numbers for success are not encouraging but some of the best athletes come from less than stellar situations. JUCO'S, lower division transfers...they come in all forms. I hope the best for him. It's a long hard road and he needs all the support he can get.

Very keen perspective sir. It is a hit and miss game, for some a livelihood. One hit every few years or so makes up for alot of misses. Someone has to look where no one else will. Lot of wasted time and dead ends, but when you find it, YOU ARE GOLDEN! At least for the moment.

More towards the Middle of the State, you have camps and combines that high school kids spend all summer in. To me, that seems to be one of the best ways to get your name out there. It made me happy to know that the kids from TN High are going to get a ride and head to UT. I hope our area can keep producing athletes like that and we start having some of those camps in our area. We are just so far from everything besides UT, it takes a lot of money for a high school kid to visit all the camps. I know from your posts you have some experience in the area of what goes on in recruiting comp.

And I don’t underestimate Boone’s ability to come prepared and go hard. It should be a good game if the Vikings decide to pick up the shields instead of the pom-pom this week. It would be nice to see a couple of them come in with a lumberjack mentality instead of the dancing with the stars preview we saw at DB. :D

I see you are laying low this week. I'm sure your not sure what to think because your head is telling you this is Boone and we are TH. HISTORY tells you that you should have no problem, but times they are a changing. All of the 40 times in the world are not going to help you when the Burger King Express starts rolling down the tracks. The only way I see Boone losing this game is if they revert to early season form and start turning the ball over. If they hold on to the football I see them wearing you down and Boone will win going away.

I see you are laying low this week. I'm sure your not sure what to think because your head is telling you this is Boone and we are TH. HISTORY tells you that you should have no problem, but times they are a changing. All of the 40 times in the world are not going to help you when the Burger King Express starts rolling down the tracks. The only way I see Boone losing this game is if they revert to early season form and start turning the ball over. If they hold on to the football I see them wearing you down and Boone will win going away.

Carp only shows support for his team when they win.