District 11A

thenomad

Anytime somebody sends you a friend request is shows up as a private message... I'm not sure why... I never saw her... Though I was on the Perry County side the whole time.

Queenie was on the losing side..lol..I belive she was late getting there.I heard her tell someone they were hoping to be in the right place.Had a small light skin black girl with her that has freckles.Believe she's from Lake Co also.Have seen her around..Pretty positive T.T. Flowers,the star player for the Lake Co girls in Queenie's niece..Anyway..Just looked at Falcon 1's profile and it shows him as a male with 2 sons and when not following Lake Co..loves to hunt.That sounds like Lake Co Falcon fan to me ..that maybe changed his name on here.He's the one that told me he thinks it's Jessica.Maybe trying to steer me off course..Take Care.Maybe we'll run into each other during basketball.Our teams could meet at the Boro,who knows?We do play at Perry Co

Queenie was on the losing side..lol..I belive she was late getting there.I heard her tell someone they were hoping to be in the right place.Had a small light skin black girl with her that has freckles.Believe she's from Lake Co also.Have seen her around..Pretty positive T.T. Flowers,the star player for the Lake Co girls in Queenie's niece..Anyway..Just looked at Falcon 1's profile and it shows him as a male with 2 sons and when not following Lake Co..loves to hunt.That sounds like Lake Co Falcon fan to me ..that maybe changed his name on here.He's the one that told me he thinks it's Jessica.Maybe trying to steer me off course..Take Care.Maybe we'll run into each other during basketball.Our teams could meet at the Boro,who knows?We do play at Perry Co

You should make the trip to Perry County Friday night.

With the Collinwood victory over Richland I think everything expected holds true from previous posts. As for the MTCS/CA game, not sure what to take from that. CA is picked to be a top team and MTCS has been good recently. However, MTCS lost some key players and CA got drilled by Loretto. The Culleoka/Frank Hughes game was a shock to me. Both teams have been the cellar dwellers in their districts. I thought it might have been a good game. Culleoka with a new coach and attitude didn't fair too well.

Anyone have any thoughts on these games?

The game was closer than the score shows. It was an 8 point game with 4 minutes left in the 3rd. Culleoka just looked out of shape toward the end. A couple of times there were 4 freshman on the floor at the same time in the first half when it was a single digit game. This team will get better. And sooner than most people seem to think.

The Lady Warriors went 3-0 over the Thanksgiving break and seem to be getting better all the way around. Some things that may blow your mind. First time being 3-1 in over a decade, first 3 game win streak since 2001 and first time scoring 45+ points in 3 straight games since 2004. This program is improving folks.

All true statements. However you left out that they were up double digits in the first game and should have gotten beat. A freshman won the game for them. Everyone on here has said this is a team with young talent. I believe last year they started 2-0 which was a first in many years as well. They are playing poor competition. They have a much easier schedule than in years past due to Slatten being gone. Loretto, Forrest, Cascade, Community, Marshall Co., Hume Fogg, or Ravenwood have been replaced by Frank Hughes, Riverside Christian, and Franklin Classical. I still think this team falls short against good competition.

All true statements. However you left out that they were up double digits in the first game and should have gotten beat. A freshman won the game for them. Everyone on here has said this is a team with young talent. I believe last year they started 2-0 which was a first in many years as well. They are playing poor competition. They have a much easier schedule than in years past due to Slatten being gone. Loretto, Forrest, Cascade, Community, Marshall Co., Hume Fogg, or Ravenwood have been replaced by Frank Hughes, Riverside Christian, and Franklin Classical. I still think this team falls short against good competition.

You are correct. The competition is down this year compared to the past. Wouldn't exactly call Hume Fogg a good team though. But the energy level of the team has sky rocketed. Top to bottom. The young girls have came in and boosted the competition within the team. That alone will make the team alot better. They may get beat by better teams but the scores won't be 60 to 10 like years past. By tournament time they will be good enough as a team to spoil a team like Santa Fe's hopes. Not saying they will this year, but the odds of that happening are shrinking by the minute.

I totally agree. The young players add scoring which is what has been lacking for the past several years. The talent pool in the past has been very shallow. All I am saying is if the recent coaches were still around, Muckle would be fighting for a Championship and Miller would have the same record if not better than they do at this point in the season with the same opportunity to improve. I don't think anyone at the school or in the community tried to help these coaches succeed. Oh by the way when Culleoka last played Hume-Fogg, Hume-Fogg was a state tourney team and upset an undefeated Marshall Co. team.

I totally agree. The young players add scoring which is what has been lacking for the past several years. The talent pool in the past has been very shallow. All I am saying is if the recent coaches were still around, Muckle would be fighting for a Championship and Miller would have the same record if not better than they do at this point in the season with the same opportunity to improve. I don't think anyone at the school or in the community tried to help these coaches succeed. Oh by the way when Culleoka last played Hume-Fogg, Hume-Fogg was a state tourney team and upset an undefeated Marshall Co. team.

I don't think it was as much the school or communtiy as it was the coach's not helping themselves. Muckle was more worried about his daughter (who was a good ball player best I remember) and Miller was more worried about making the parents happy.

Cully played Hume-Fogg twice last year and the Cully girls won both.

I don't think it was as much the school or communtiy as it was the coach's not helping themselves. Muckle was more worried about his daughter (who was a good ball player best I remember) and Miller was more worried about making the parents happy.

Cully played Hume-Fogg twice last year and the Cully girls won both.

I believe you are thinking of Merrol Hyde.

Games on tap:

Culleoka goes to Watertown

Hampshire plays either Collinwood or Frank Hughes

Cornersville plays Loretto

Richland is headed to Spring Hill

Mt. Pleasant gets Summertown

Then:

CA plays Summertown

Santa Fe gets Webb School

Culleoka plays Riverside Christian

A few regional matchups and a couple of at area games. All building up to district play next week.

Any thoughts?