Top 5 Teams in State (all classes and private)

phishdad

I don't think this video is particularly helpful. Can someone tell me how his posted times in the 100 meter dash would translate to his field speed? I was at a meet last spring where willy posted a 11:23...

As an example... Bearden's Devrin Young (UT commit) ran a 10.7 100 meter at the TSSAA state finals last spring and he ran a 4.72 40 at the US Army All-American combine in San Antonio last January. Both of these times would be with "legit" timing equipment. Take his 4.72 and convert it to what it would have been as a handheld time and you'll get a 4.47.

As an example... Bearden's Devrin Young (UT commit) ran a 10.7 100 meter at the TSSAA state finals last spring and he ran a 4.72 40 at the US Army All-American combine in San Antonio last January. Both of these times would be with "legit" timing equipment. Take his 4.72 and convert it to what it would have been as a handheld time and you'll get a 4.47.

Thanks

Yeah, he appears fast, and I'm sure he's a really good player, but like someone else says, I don't think he's sub 4.4 fast. Some of you guys are acting like saying a guy is a 4.5 or 4.6 is an insult. That's still freaking fast.

Using a formula I created that factors in polls, computer averages, strength of schedule and losses, the five best teams in Tennessee are:

1. Brentwood Academy

2. Oakland

3. Smyrna

4. Ensworth

5. Baylor

If you were to seed the best eight teams and settle the issue, here's what Round One would look like, so go ahead and make your predictions, fill out your brackets:

(8) MUS vs (1) Brentwood Academy LP Field 11/12 4PM

(7) MBA vs (2) Oakland LP Field 11/12 7PM

(6) Blackman vs (3) Smyrna Vanderbilt Stadium 11/13 Noon

(5) Baylor vs (4) Ensworth Vanderbilt Stadium 11/13 3PM

I love this idea...the only exception being that MUS is not even the best team in Memphis...trade out Ridgeway or even Whitehaven for MUS...then you'll have it.."right on target"!!!

If you also notice he starts jogging halfway down the field. But who cares! the kids got wheels and the kids got skills! i mean 63 carriers w/1300 yards avg. 20 yards a carry and over 20 td's kinda speaks for itself. Devils also have rb Bj Spadlin over 1,000 rushing yards as well.

is this kid getting any looks from D 1 schools?

it's EAST CAROLINA! :thumb:

the other school is western carolina!

he probably would have more schools but were he has moved from North Carolina a lot of schools have not heard of him but he has been making a name for his self he will play corner in college and return kicks and punts

There are two teams in Memphis area who I believe would challenge any team in the state but its hard for anyone to tell unless you have actually seen all the teams play. Its just a good guess based on pride, fan base, and partiality which is what makes high school football so great. Ridgeway has beat some good teams that came after them and is undefeated and has earned everything they have got. Whitehaven is always a good team with as many D1 picks as any team in the state year after year. If I'm not mistaken a team from the Memphis area won state last year and was so far off the radar of middle and west tennessee they were shocked at how bad they were beat. I think Whitestation also had a couple of losses and still dominated the state game. Fact is we dont know who the best team in the state is, we can only speculate....thats what the playoffs are for. Good luck to all!!!!

Didnt figure this would be too popular!

There are mostly posters on here that think the top five should come from their neck of the woods. For example WilliamsonCounty's top five constitutes mainly Middle Tennessee schools. I used everyone across the state. You can debate all you want, until someone derails the Alcoa Train.....they are tops over everyone. Boys they keep getting the gold! Don't deny the King.

Kaz :thumb:

There are mostly posters on here that think the top five should come from their neck of the woods. For example WilliamsonCounty's top five constitutes mainly Middle Tennessee schools. I used everyone across the state. You can debate all you want, until someone derails the Alcoa Train.....they are tops over everyone. Boys they keep getting the gold! Don't deny the King.

Kaz :thumb:

Kazam37:

Dominating 3A and beating Maryville twice in tha last 2 years does not equate to being the king of high school football in Tennessee. Alcoa is good, we will give you credit for that ... but that's as far as it goes. Can Alcoa compete with every team in the state? Sure. But again ... it doesn't qualify them to be the king. Actually, there is no way to actually determine who would be the 'King' of all classifications.

Everybody will have their own reasons and draw their own 'logical' conclusions, but when it all boils down to it, there is 'NO WAY' to QUANTIFY who is the 'KING' of high school football in Tennessee. It's like the BCS ... everybody will be left to draw their own conclusions based upon their point of view.

But hey ... if YOU don't brag on them ... who will?