Power District 14A

shockernation

Bradford was a one horse show last year. They have a better balance this year. Any team can drop a game. That's why you play. But Bradford is a better TEAM. Last year if bradford had 30 points walsmith had 20. She was a great player, but the team watched her play last year. I am not saying bradford will win 7a or 14a. I not even saying they will win a game, but the girls are solid. Bratton is a solid performer every night with her rebounds, passing, and she works as hard as everyone on the court. Bratton also can hit the 3. Street is as fast as anyone on the court. She took second in the state in track last year. Which was the first year bradford had a track team. She never seams to get tired. Street can put up 20 points on any night. Combs is a girl was looks to pass but she can put up 20 points in a hurry. the rest of the team works very hard. Walsmith was a great player but bradford did not do well last year as a one player team. Basketball is a team sport. If you don't belive me ask the KING JAMES and the HEAT.

Edited by daroundball

Greenfield beat Halls by 30 tonight...after getting off to a very slow start.

OKC, you take TT Flowers out of lineup...from playing PG...and it will affect Lake Co. big time....same with Perry Co. and their PG...I cant think of her name, but if she was hurt, then they'd hurt bad without her.

Same with us...without Rawls playing the point. The Jackets need her in there playing the point. The Smith girl is a good back up, and Emily Allen will be a good one, one day, but she's young right now.

Also, you've got to start your best 5, and have your best 3 or 4 girls coming off the bench. You really cant play 10 or 11 or 12 girls in a game. It usually doesnt work. So, Greenfield does have some very good, young girls on the bench; but you just cant play everyone. Next year, they'll start getting playing time. Of course, this means that some parents are gonna have to calm down! ;)

Edited by volfan007

Lake Co beat Humbodt tonight 68-48.The game started with Humboldt getting 2 shots on a tech before the game even started.I guess we had someone listed in the books with a different number or something.Humboldt made both and got the ball back.Lake Co ended up going up about 10 points early in the first quater but T.T, picked up two quick fouls and went to the bench.Humboldt came back and actually took the lead.Laske Co put T.T. back in and got the lead back and led by 10 at the half.Lake Co led the entire second half,up by about 26 or 28 points at one time.Carnation played very well most all night but missed several layups which looked like they were going in and rolled out.I saw a lot of good things but some things that are going to hurt down the road against a playoff team.Rebounding was terrible.If Carnation doesn't get the rebound..Lake Co isn't going to get it unless the ball just falls in our hands.Defense is terrible at times.Several times Brooke was playing defense under the basket and just seems to watch her man just drive around with no defense at all.Several times Humboldt just missed the shot.Lake Co isn't clicking on all cylinders just yet.They dont seem to be able to finish the play when a team presses.Several times tonight and in the other games I see Carnation is helping T.T bring the ball down the floor and have the press broke .A lot of times T.T. breaks the press and Lake Co will have a 2 on 1 fast break.Several times Brooke and Shasta would get the ball only to have the defense catch up with them with no easy shot.They are just too slow to be at the end to make an easy basket.Tiana came in and made several points off of the same plays but Carnation and maybe Simone are the only players to probably make those plays as far as easy layups.If T.T. and Simone could be the players to break the press..Carnation with her speed could score at will or 20 points a game on layups off breaking the press and shooting layups.Not sure about this Lake Co team yet.They have a lot of talent but still looks like it's the main 3 and then 4 other girls vying for the other two spots.None of them seem to want to just take over though,Tiana probably has the most potential but at times doesnt move to get open.But if she ever gets an open shot,,she can be deadly.Melia Jones,I think is her first name is trying to take a spot.She's scoring but her defense is lacking also.But she's just a freshman and I can see her getting better as the year goes along..Overall..not sure this Lake Co team is better than last year basically because a couple of the girls arent that good on defense.

Edited by mrbigster

Greenfield beat Halls by 30 tonight...after getting off to a very slow start.

OKC, you take TT Flowers out of lineup...from playing PG...and it will affect Lake Co. big time....same with Perry Co. and their PG...I cant think of her name, but if she was hurt, then they'd hurt bad without her.

Same with us...without Rawls playing the point. The Jackets need her in there playing the point. The Smith girl is a good back up, and Emily Allen will be a good one, one day, but she's young right now.

Also, you've got to start your best 5, and have your best 3 or 4 girls coming off the bench. You really cant play 10 or 11 or 12 girls in a game. It usually doesnt work. So, Greenfield does have some very good, young girls on the bench; but you just cant play everyone. Next year, they'll start getting playing time. Of course, this means that some parents are gonna have to calm down! ;)

Haha yes I agree with you on that last part. Greenfield has so much talent upcoming that they do not need to get riled up on playing time. Wasn't trying to ruffle any feathers. :thumb:

Edited by OKCthunder11

I agree with most of the things said about 14A. I've seen Greenfield, Bradford, Trenton, Union City, and Bradford play this year. I think Greenfield will be a solid team when they gets all their ducks in a row and will be capable of beating anyone. I did see Galey play point for Greenfield much of the game against Liberty. I have to say, she is a good point player as well, handles the ball well and makes excellent passes. I know they will be looking to her even when the Rawls girl does get back for help in the point position. They seem a bit off sync at this point. I did see the Humboldt game and that loss shouldn't have happened. Greenfield shot the ball 19 times in the entire game, and only 9 in the entire second half. Lake Co. will be the team to beat once again. Humboldt had some heighth again and some strong players, but didn't come on strong until the second half when Greenfield just quit shooting. Anyway, good luck to all teams in the season.