Greeneville Vs. East Ridge Round 1

DevilMan03

Who Wins???  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins???

I think other factors that make the Devils tough is when opponents arrive at Burley stadium they are overwhelmed. Coaches want their players focused and the players will tell you they are, BUT when they arrive at the facilities they start looking. From astestics, to size, to turf, to crowd and a large band by even 5A standards the opposing players do think. They are teenagers. Yet itis all just natural to the Devils. Devils win, but hard fought in spite of the large score because you can't catch speed when it breaks out front.

Edited by noonesfool

Aw coach I wish you could see em this year.... Soooooo much more focused than last year. Ballard has 'em dialed in and it looks like 100% healthy.

We snuck in once and saw them this year (Cumberland Gap I think). from a coaching perpespective they are tough. But I was more impressed by the seconds and 3rds on how well they played and they always seem to be in the right position. Bodes well for the future. Hope they make the finals again as Sara and I will drive from West TN to Cookville for that one.

Well the Devils are 0-0!!!

Game #1 For the Devils

Who wins?

Lets hear what we can expect from East Ridge :popcorneater:

Being a former East Ridge graduate I still follow them pretty close. They had high expectations coming into the season, but several key seniors never played a down this year. They were great players and leaders. It seems that throughout the season the Pioneers have just lacked some leadership on the field during some key situations. Everyone has just been waiting for them to bring it all together and play a complete game. Who knows if they will come together and play the way they have been expected to all year this week. But i know one thing for sure they didn't help themselves by not finishing strong because they are traveling to the #1 team in the state. Should be interesting to see which East Ridge team shows up! either way, its playoff time and the regular season is over... everyone is 0-0, and everyone has to win 1 more game to survive...lets play some football!!!

Being a former East Ridge graduate I still follow them pretty close. They had high expectations coming into the season, but several key seniors never played a down this year. They were great players and leaders. It seems that throughout the season the Pioneers have just lacked some leadership on the field during some key situations. Everyone has just been waiting for them to bring it all together and play a complete game. Who knows if they will come together and play the way they have been expected to all year this week. But i know one thing for sure they didn't help themselves by not finishing strong because they are traveling to the #1 team in the state. Should be interesting to see which East Ridge team shows up! either way, its playoff time and the regular season is over... everyone is 0-0, and everyone has to win 1 more game to survive...lets play some football!!!

Good post and I concur with your assessment of a new season. People tend to forget it is a funny shaped ball and it can do some strange things. Having said that.......welcome to Greeneville and go Devils.

Good post and I concur with your assessment of a new season. People tend to forget it is a funny shaped ball and it can do some strange things. Having said that.......welcome to Greeneville and go Devils.

This is very true, and it has done some strange things to East Ridge this year. lol. Good to hear someone that thinks logically about football as well. Greeneville is a very impressive team though. Looking forward to the trip. GO PIONEERS!

This is very true, and it has done some strange things to East Ridge this year. lol. Good to hear someone that thinks logically about football as well. Greeneville is a very impressive team though. Looking forward to the trip. GO PIONEERS!

You haven't seen a team like the devils. They have so much speed and talent its crazy. We run at will and when your not expecting it we will throw a long td pass. Our Qb Willy Carmichael has over 1300 on the ground/avg. 20 yards a carry. He will get his yards. Rb BJ Spradlin also over 1000 yards and avg. 16 a carry and yes he will get his yards while mowing you over. You can't arm tackle this kid. It takes a lot of guys to bring him down...Devils Win Big...We Own Chattanooga!!! :mrgreen:

Who's ER main guys etc...Do they have a kicking game?

Devils-63 :thumb:

The Ridge-7

Not sure about what East Ridge has, but i am guessing this will be the toughest game for greeneville since the THS game. I think we will see a lopsided score at the end of this game, just not over by halftime. :popcorneater:

Greeneville-59

East Ridge- 13

And hopefully Greeneville starts passing the ball around a little bit. There will come a game where they will have to.....

---Good luck to both teams, and praying for safe travels for the East Ridge team and fans