Sullivan South vs Daniel Boone 1st Round

THSVikings2004

Time to pound the rock ,Comp. this may be more of a game for the fan of the running game. Expect a big dose of Hubbard and Cassell then Cassell and Hubbard, as the Blazers mistakenly key on Heath.

I reckon I like runnin' the ball purty good...mmmhhhh hhhmmmm. I reckon I know a thang err two about carryin' the mail. I reckon it's up to the linemen tonight. I hope that Hyder boy gits a devil in 'is eye.

Dang Right, trialblazer, I must admit after loosing Shropshire i was afraid that our backs this season were not going to be able to run the ball effectively however they have proven themselves this year, this is the most complete team i have ever seen Boone have. Some people look at Boone and don't really see anyone standing out as a star player, but that is mainly attributable to the fact that Boone has so many options that nobody has to carry the load themselves. but don't worry about that cap, he knows how good Boone is he just doesn't want to admit it.

VisionB if you would have opened your eyes you may have been able to see that my point wasn’t whether Boone is a good team or not… it was to point out that every team has its key role players. And if that player/players is removed it would change the whole dynamics of the team. Boone is not immune to that fact. To keep on saying that South only has Haden is ludicrous. Heath is a good athlete and a fierce competitor with unreal field vision… but in all honesty he’s no Carmichael, and if the big boys up front weren’t making those lanes for him we would be talking about HH right now. As a matter of fact I don’t think Heath ran the ball more than a dozen times in the DB game and they still managed quite a bit of offense that game. These two teams are very similar with the “nothing flashy just get er done†mentality. The only exception would be South has a “big play threat†in Haden… who will be the difference maker tonight as usual. Without Haden (but with a replacement with a descent arm) these two teams are identical this year.

Edited by Cap1

VisionB if you would have opened your eyes you may have been able to see that my point wasn’t whether Boone is a good team or not… it was to point out that every team has its key role players. And if that player/players is removed it would change the whole dynamics of the team. Boone is not immune to that fact. To keep on saying that South only has Haden is ludicrous. Heath is a good athlete and a fierce competitor with unreal field vision… but in all honesty he’s no Carmichael, and if the big boys up front weren’t making those lanes for him we would be talking about HH right now. As a matter of fact I don’t think Heath ran the ball more than a dozen times in the DB game and they still managed quite a bit of offense that game. These two teams are very similar with the “nothing flashy just get er done†mentality. The only exception would be South has a “big play threat†in Haden… who will be the difference maker tonight as usual. Without Haden (but with a replacement with a descent arm) these two teams are identical this year.

And if you would open your eyes you would see that Boone is 2 deep at qb, 4 deep at running back, and 4 deep in recievers. Can South honestly say that they are that deep?? No says I! Hayden is all they have! Like it or not! Until I'm proven wrong this is the way it is. Recievers can't catch and the running backs hardly get the chance to run the ball. When a team starts at the 20 and the qb runs the ball every play til they reach the endzone, it is a pretty good indication that is the only weapon they have. Either Hayden is all they have or Haynie has no clue as to what he is doing because noone is going to work their qb that much without having no other option. I wish ud put ur money where ur mouth is and make another bet like ya did with the Boone SH game so we wouldn't have to put up with you for another week. I must say that was a pretty good week here on Coacht. :thumb:

And if you would open your eyes you would see that Boone is 2 deep at qb, 4 deep at running back, and 4 deep in recievers. Can South honestly say that they are that deep?? No says I! Hayden is all they have! Like it or not! Until I'm proven wrong this is the way it is. Recievers can't catch and the running backs hardly get the chance to run the ball. When a team starts at the 20 and the qb runs the ball every play til they reach the endzone, it is a pretty good indication that is the only weapon they have. Either Hayden is all they have or Haynie has no clue as to what he is doing because noone is going to work their qb that much without having no other option. I wish ud put ur money where ur mouth is and make another bet like ya did with the Boone SH game so we wouldn't have to put up with you for another week. I must say that was a pretty good week here on Coacht. :thumb:

No South can’t say that… and NEITHER CAN BOONE legitimately. Look TB… I’ve been trying not to lash out at my fellow Big 8 comrades during the post season… but YOU are making my hands really warm in these gloves I’ve made myself wear… if you know what I mean. So I’ll just take one finger out (for now) and say… how many of them hotdog players you got on that “DEEP†roster gonna be playin football on Saturday!!! I’m not talking the “Wish I Was†intramural flag football that the Coulda Shoulda Wouldas end up playin! DEEP :lol: …………… give me a break. You obviously don’t get out of Gray much. Do me a favor… go back and look at the video footage posted on O4’s post #47 (page 4 of this thread)… and then tell me again how “DEEP†and talented your boys from BOONE are. ;)

Cap, there is no way it looks like to convince you about Haden, so I guess when he is voted Big 8 Offensive MVP you are going to say everybody does not know what they are talking about. Now if Boone wins tonight will you come on here and congratulate them for beating a good South team?

Yea except Boone goes 4 deep at running back and none of them miss a step, and 2 deep at quarterback. I will go ahead and give it to you both starting squads are pretty much evenly matched, but Boone definatley has more depth. and your argument that Boone would be just as bad off if they were to loose one player is not valid.

This is quite funny trailblazer i didn't even read your response to this before i posted mine, we are on the same page.

No South can’t say that… and NEITHER CAN BOONE legitimately. Look TB… I’ve been trying not to lash out at my fellow Big 8 comrades during the post season… but YOU are making my hands really warm in these gloves I’ve made myself wear… if you know what I mean. So I’ll just take one finger out (for now) and say… how many of them hotdog players you got on that “DEEP†roster gonna be playin football on Saturday!!! I’m not talking the “Wish I Was†intramural flag football that the Coulda Shoulda Wouldas end up playin! DEEP :lol: …………… give me a break. You obviously don’t get out of Gray much. Do me a favor… go back and look at the video footage posted on O4’s post #47 (page 4 of this thread)… and then tell me again how “DEEP†and talented your boys from BOONE are. ;)

If UT ever watches that footage of Downs in the Boone game, then TN High would have one less that is going to be playing on saturdays. Fact of the matter is we don't give a darn about college ball. This is NET high school football. If a boy from Boone gets a scholarship then that is great, they get to go get an education, but other than that, personally i could care less.