Sequatchie Co. @ Bledsoe Co.

DefMinded

Got the word from the Fall Creek Hermit last night. Figgered I better git it posted up here afore the game starts.

He sez the spread is 20 points. Bledsoe by 20.

Warriors is healthy 100%. No more playin' around. Figgers Sequatchie's due for some bad luck. Team with the least mistakes wins, and that's gonna be the Big Blue Warriors!

That's what the Hermit sez, and the Troll don't argue with the Hermit.:thumb:

Both teams gave it all they had and gave the fans their money's worth. You have to feel for the Bledsoe kicker, the misses are what everyone will remember but there was a lot more to the game than that, individuals have to make plays but it's a team win or loss. Bledsoe's players were disappointed but showed a lot of class following the final extra point kick, I saw plenty of them going out of the way to give handshakes and pats on the back to their opponent.

Sequatchie came out strong on defense through most of the first quarter, forced a pair of three and outs. After the first one Fain scored on a 36 yard run and Martinez made the first of his 5 extra point kicks.

Bledsoe began driving late in the first, 24 yard pass, 21 yard run by Smith and a short TD run by Smith on the last play of the quarter, 7-7 after the kick.

Warriors' first possession of the second, drove 65 yards for the go-ahead TD, 12 yard pass. Extra point kick missed. Three and out for Sequatchie and Bledsoe took up nearly the rest of the second quarter, 60 yard drive mixing the run and pass. 1-yard run with 32 seconds left and the kick made it 20-7.

Sequatchie got a couple of runs to Bledsoe's 30 just before the half, no further. Third quarter, three and out to start for Sequatchie before an interception by Sequatchie's Lewis at the Bledsoe 30. Indians were stopped on fourth and one at the 10, giving Bledsoe back the momentum. Bledsoe punted twice more and Sequatchie punted once before the third ended.

Starting the fourth, Sequatchie went 87 yards in five minutes, ending on a short TD run by Fain. Seq made it on fourth and 2 just before that. Another interception, Sequatchie took the ball back on their 47 and next play Fain went all the way for the score, 21-20 Indians with 5:30 left.

Things looked good for Sequatchie after Bledsoe was stopped on fourth and five at the Sequatchie 40 but the Warriors forced a three and out. Bledsoe went 55 yards and scored on a short run with just 1:03 remaining, then made a two-point conversion to lead 28-21.

Not sure if it was an intended squib or a true onside try but the Warriors kicked off and the ball went out of bounds at the 50. Next play Justis Stewart took it the distance for Sequatchie and an extra point kick tied it at 28-28. He got behind the defense and wasn't going to be caught so it may not have made a difference what yard line he started from.

After a sack, Bledsoe let the time run out at their own 25 to put it in overtime. Warriors scored quickly, a 9 yard pass was followed by a short run but the extra point kick missed.

Sequatchie pushed it into the end zone on third and four, in all the excitement not even sure who ran it but I'm guessing Fain (anybody seeing for sure, correct that if needed). Seq executed on the extra point try and finished it.

Quite a ball game.

Edited by Indian

WOW is all I can say. This is the best ball game I have ever witnessed. I didn't think it would topple the first game, but it did. It would have been so easy for Sequatchie to lay down after failing on 4th and 1 around the 10 yd line trailing by 13 midway through the third quater, but they didn't. I don't care if both teams are winless when they play or undefeated, this game is amoung the best year in and out in the State of Tennessee. Both teams should be very proud, because each and everyone that stepped on that field gave it their all. It's just like said in a prevoiius post, whomever wins this game would earn it. Great win Indians.

Awesome game! I would have never given Sequatchie a chance a the half. Came out and really played better in the 2nd half. Coach made some nice adjustments. Bledsoe Co. obviously were not going to let us get outside and we came out in the 2nd and ran the ball off tackle nicely. Bledsoe can throw the ball very well and 22 is a great ballplayer. Overall just an outstanding game on both sides and worth every nickel of my $8.00!

Wow is an understatment for this game. This was by far the best game I have ever seen. Both of these teams are really good football teams. Congrats BC on a great season. Its now Goodpastures turn. GO INDIANS!!!

I agree, both these teams are very good and have a lot of heart.

I know I probably want get an answer on this especially on this board, but I think Bledsoe's fake extra point was illegal. In high school or college a player is down when his knee is on the ground, I think in order to run a fake he would have to get his knee up before he is able to carry out the fake. I maybe wrong just curious.

Both teams gave it all they had and gave the fans their money's worth. You have to feel for the Bledsoe kicker, the misses are what everyone will remember but there was a lot more to the game than that, individuals have to make plays but it's a team win or loss. Bledsoe's players were disappointed but showed a lot of class following the final extra point kick, I saw plenty of them going out of the way to give handshakes and pats on the back to their opponent.

Sequatchie came out strong on defense through most of the first quarter, forced a pair of three and outs. After the first one Fain scored on a 36 yard run and Martinez made the first of his 5 extra point kicks.

Bledsoe began driving late in the first, 24 yard pass, 21 yard run by Smith and a short TD run by Smith on the last play of the quarter, 7-7 after the kick.

Warriors' first possession of the second, drove 65 yards for the go-ahead TD, 12 yard pass. Extra point kick missed. Three and out for Sequatchie and Bledsoe took up nearly the rest of the second quarter, 60 yard drive mixing the run and pass. 1-yard run with 32 seconds left and the kick made it 20-7.

Sequatchie got a couple of runs to Bledsoe's 30 just before the half, no further. Third quarter, three and out to start for Sequatchie before an interception by Sequatchie's Lewis at the Bledsoe 30. Indians were stopped on fourth and one at the 10, giving Bledsoe back the momentum. Bledsoe punted twice more and Sequatchie punted once before the third ended.

Starting the fourth, Sequatchie went 87 yards in five minutes, ending on a short TD run by Fain. Seq made it on fourth and 2 just before that. Another interception, Sequatchie took the ball back on their 47 and next play Fain went all the way for the score, 21-20 Indians with 5:30 left.

Things looked good for Sequatchie after Bledsoe was stopped on fourth and five at the Sequatchie 40 but the Warriors forced a three and out. Bledsoe went 55 yards and scored on a short run with just 1:03 remaining, then made a two-point conversion to lead 28-21.

Not sure if it was an intended squib or a true onside try but the Warriors kicked off and the ball went out of bounds at the 50. Next play Justis Stewart took it the distance for Sequatchie and an extra point kick tied it at 28-28. He got behind the defense and wasn't going to be caught so it may not have made a difference what yard line he started from.

After a sack, Bledsoe let the time run out at their own 25 to put it in overtime. Warriors scored quickly, a 9 yard pass was followed by a short run but the extra point kick missed.

Sequatchie pushed it into the end zone on third and four, in all the excitement not even sure who ran it but I'm guessing Fain (anybody seeing for sure, correct that if needed). Seq executed on the extra point try and finished it.

Quite a ball game.

thanks for the update. Fantastic game to the end. Tough one for the Warriors to lose. Congrats to the Indians and good luck Fri night

I agree, both these teams are very good and have a lot of heart.

I know I probably want get an answer on this especially on this board, but I think Bledsoe's fake extra point was illegal. In high school or college a player is down when his knee is on the ground, I think in order to run a fake he would have to get his knee up before he is able to carry out the fake. I maybe wrong just curious.

http://homepages.cae.wisc.edu/~dwilson/rsfc/intro/johnson.shtml

Question: In a fake placement must the holder's knee be off the ground before he catches the snap?

Answer: NFHS & NCAA rules: The holder is not down if he catches the snap with his knees on the ground, as long as there is a player in position to kick the ball. It is not required that a kick actually be attempted. So once the holder has the ball he may place and hold the ball for the kicker, OR:

NCAA: He may pass, handoff, etc. from his knees--or he may rise to advance, pass, handoff etc.,

NFHS: He MUST rise first before he does anything else (pass, handoff, etc.)

EXAMPLE: From a field goal formation, the holder catches the snap then, while still on his knees he "shovel passes" the ball forward to the wingback, who advances for a TD.

RULING: NCAA--Legal play, Touchdown counts.

NFHS--The holder is down immediately when he passes the ball before lifting his knees off the ground. Dead ball, touchdown does not count.