Blount County Schools Football

PhoosballPhan

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In 2011 or 2012 maryville city schools will no longer take tuition kids. That might help the county schools or us(alcoa). May just drive up the price of real estate in the maryville city limits.

What is your source on Maryville not taking tuition kids after 2011 or 2012? Would existing tuition kids be "grandfathered in"? At $2200/kid, that is a lot of $ for the school system to give up...

What is your source on Maryville not taking tuition kids after 2011 or 2012? Would existing tuition kids be "grandfathered in"? At $2200/kid, that is a lot of $ for the school system to give up...

My source is in the maryville system trying to get the super job at Alcoa. He said the numbers are climbing and no place to put them. Even when the new school is finished, it just a matter of time. Money tight on new building (already delayed new school once). As for the grandfathering, we didn't discuss that. He did say they were already trying to discourage teacher tuition kids by making them pay full tuition instead of the half they had been paying for years.

My source is in the maryville system trying to get the super job at Alcoa. He said the numbers are climbing and no place to put them. Even when the new school is finished, it just a matter of time. Money tight on new building (already delayed new school once). As for the grandfathering, we didn't discuss that. He did say they were already trying to discourage teacher tuition kids by making them pay full tuition instead of the half they had been paying for years.

Yes Maryville shot itself in the @$$ when it gave $10 million to the clayton ctr project. What a waste of $.

It won't happen. Not anything to gain for either team. If the county school wins then everyone says that they are supposed to. If they lose then it is a big deal for 2A/3A Aloca to beat 6A teams. The only one who wins is Alcoa with the bigger gate. And with the history between the county schools and Alcoa I don't think anyone is too eager to help Alcoa out.

:roflol: I agree Alcoa does NOT need to play the county schools....it would be waste of time for Alcoa. Greenback would be a better competition! :bored:

The "nothing to gain" excuse goes down the drain when the county schools WILL play Alcoa in all other sports EXCEPT football shows what the real truth is! :thumb:

Edited by BCsportsfan

Interesting...thank you for the info!

:roflol: I agree Alcoa does NOT need to play the county schools....it would be waste of time for Alcoa. Greenback would be a better competition! :bored:

The "nothing to gain" excuse goes down the drain when the county schools WILL play Alcoa in all other sports EXCEPT football shows what the real truth is! :thumb:

You know, it would be nice if any Tennessee state champ team played any real competition. Tennessee high school football doesn't even measure up to other states. Maryville, Alcoa, and dozens of other teams couldn't hold a candle to state championship teams from other states. Don't believe it? Then why don't they line up games with other teams from other states. It was said that even GQ wouldn't play other Nike top 25 teams because of the difference in talent level. Take your six straight and play a real team with similar talent, then you can brag.

Now, as for the No Body Will Play Aloca In Football whining I will stick by what I wrote. The only one who benefits is Aloca and their athletic fund.

You know, it would be nice if any Tennessee state champ team played any real competition. Tennessee high school football doesn't even measure up to other states. Maryville, Alcoa, and dozens of other teams couldn't hold a candle to state championship teams from other states. Don't believe it? Then why don't they line up games with other teams from other states. It was said that even GQ wouldn't play other Nike top 25 teams because of the difference in talent level. Take your six straight and play a real team with similar talent, then you can brag.

Now, as for the No Body Will Play Aloca In Football whining I will stick by what I wrote. The only one who benefits is Aloca and their athletic fund.

Hey phoosbutt , is this the best you can do? Who is your team by the way? I bet they were beaten by one of the a fore mentioned teams. What would be the point of playing say ODESSA PERMIAN or some team like that. The whole set up is so different and humongous that there is no comparison. And I don't ever recall any of these CHAMPIONSHIP teams claiming that it could be done , not saying it is not possible but it may not be probable. But again is that all you got cry baby.

Edited by MONKEYBUTTFACE

:roflolk: ........that's the best you got! what a loser! :thumb: