Sevier County vs. Farragut

schs2011

If your expecting the defense of Sevier County to win this game you are sadly mistaken. Without Mason out who was the heart of your defense its not the same and the players you are putting in to replace him are mediocre at best. For sevier county to win this game they need to protect the ball and put it in the end zone if the offense has one of their bad nights call it curtains early for SC. Because if you think for a minute the defense can stop farragut's running game you need to wake up.

amen. SC wins if they can protect QB, If not, They go down.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have seen both teams twice this year and some film as well. Could be the game of the year. Farragut is the constant...will be solid on Offense and the defense will play hard. Farragut D is not hard to find. Its not tricky but it is athletic. Sevier Co will be all over the place. They can be hard nosed, grind it out, OR 4 wide and throwing it everywhere. Both teams have athletes all over the field....Coach Brewer will have the Bears coached up and more than ready, but I think that may be the problem. Seems his playbook is so big that SC fails to develop any real identity. If they are ON, they can be a FORCE. If they are OFF...they can implode. Wish I could see it but I will be most interested in some Indians v Patriots this Fri night. Good luck to both teams...and two great fan bases! Two great programs that make football fridays my favorite time of the year!

Sevier County runs a 4 wide offense and a 4-3 defense. The offense is started by their QB Danny Chastain. He is very good athlete and has proven to beat teams with his legs and his arm. Very shifty also. His favorite recievers are Bryant Gilson, Dillon Cate, and Brett Pippin. They catch most everything that comes there way and they make plays. The O-line has been the biggest ? the whole year with starting two sophomores. They have proven themselves the last couple of weeks. There running backs are Dakota Cogdill and Bubba Floyd. Both run hard. They dont have break away speed but both are averging over 5 yards a carry.

There D is where they rely. The Sevier County Defense starts up front with TJ Hamilton, Ronnie Homerding, Jake Reppert, and John Berry, all are athletes and they all make plays. Easily the best D front i have seen all year long. The linebacker corp has been hit by the injury bug but they have one familar face with 3yr starter Dakota Cogdill. He is the leader of the LB's. He's accompanied by Zac Lewis who has shown improvement as well as Floyd. and Dillon Cate who has stepped up in the role of playing LB. The corners have been shut down when the QB has time to throw it. Josh Johnson leads Prepxtra with 5 INTS and Brett Pippin is the best athlete on the team. The safeties are Tyler Wischer and Bryant Gilson. they just do whats asked of them. Mark Packer said on their TV game the defense lays the wood and thats something they pride themselves on. They try to be the best defense around.

Tell us more on Farragut.

Farrgut runs the spread, with an occasional TE set. They usually run 1 back, but sometimes 2 back. QB is a sophmore, who replaced the Junior starter after he tore his ACL, he has a good arm, but not much of a runner. Farragut is down to the third and fourth RB's due to injuries. Top WR is 5' 6" tall and is lightning in a bottle. Prior to the injuries Farragut's offense was run first and passed just enough to keep the D honest, now it's more balanced.

Defense is a 3-3 stack with multiple coverages. They have the flexibility to bring pressure from all angles, or drop 8 in coverage. D-Line is a bit undersized depending on what personnel is in at the time. They only start 3-4 seniors on D, but rotate alot of players on their front 6.

Kicket/Punter is the sophmore QB with a very strong leg. He puts most kickoffs in the endzone (very useful in neutralizing Bearden's Young).

For those attending the game interested in hearing Coach Courtney's pregame interview, the call of the game, halftime and final stats, scoreboard updates, and postgame player interviews, the 105.3 WFIV broadcast will be available in and immediately around Sevier Co.'s Burchfield Stadium on FM 104.1.

For those attending the game interested in hearing Coach Courtney's pregame interview, the call of the game, halftime and final stats, scoreboard updates, and postgame player interviews, the 105.3 WFIV broadcast will be available in and immediately around Sevier Co.'s Burchfield Stadium on FM 104.1.

As I always say EG,

Thanks for what you guys do. You all do an awesome job every week, every year. You put in the work for the great pregame analysis and overview of the Farragut game, as well as other local games. The game it's self is some of the best in high school football I've heard on the radio anywhere. The post game and interviews are always great as well. Keep it up and hopefully I'll get to tune in for at least a few more weeks.

I think Farragut can win this game, even with a new QB, who has made what 2 starts? I think a lot of this game is going to come down to the defense. That has been Farragut's weakness this year in my opinion. They seem a little inconsistent at times, giving up unreasonable numbers vs. Riverdale, but then being able to shut others down fairly well. The offense, even with most of it on the sidelines, can still score points. So, I think the D really needs to step up huge this game, and get a few turnovers like they have in a couple games. Getting a quick turnover and lead might be very beneficial to the D to give them some confidence the rest of the game. The Ads have the benefit/disadvantage of the tough regular season schedule. We'll see tonight if the scheduling tactic hurt or helped the Ads.

Farragut by 3

As I always say EG,

Thanks for what you guys do. You all do an awesome job every week, every year. You put in the work for the great pregame analysis and overview of the Farragut game, as well as other local games. The game it's self is some of the best in high school football I've heard on the radio anywhere. The post game and interviews are always great as well. Keep it up and hopefully I'll get to tune in for at least a few more weeks.

I think Farragut can win this game, even with a new QB, who has made what 2 starts? I think a lot of this game is going to come down to the defense. That has been Farragut's weakness this year in my opinion. They seem a little inconsistent at times, giving up unreasonable numbers vs. Riverdale, but then being able to shut others down fairly well. The offense, even with most of it on the sidelines, can still score points. So, I think the D really needs to step up huge this game, and get a few turnovers like they have in a couple games. Getting a quick turnover and lead might be very beneficial to the D to give them some confidence the rest of the game. The Ads have the benefit/disadvantage of the tough regular season schedule. We'll see tonight if the scheduling tactic hurt or helped the Ads.

Farragut by 3

Thanks, friendzz, for tuning in and for the kind words. It's a lot of fun covering a top notch program and an outstanding district. After all this team has been through and continues to deal with, it's a special group.

Hope you're enjoying your new neck of the woods, another wonderful region in this fantastic country of ours!