51 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Champions (Alcoa)
    • Corn Dogs (Loudon)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bet Rankin echoes my post to his players when he sees them Monday following school. Want to bet?

I have to agree, but I don't think the slow start was from motivationally issues, but an issue of not playing starters more than one quarter in some of last games of the schedule. Unfortunately, the first round game against Sweetwater did not help matters. The Loudon game will be good for Alcoa. A team that will keep Alcoa's starter on the field against a physical team.

I don't know where you were sitting Friday night, but when I was at the concessions and looked at the crowd, the home side was full. Visitor's side was almost empty, though. Maybe that's what you're talking about?

40yd line 4 rows up. It was the first time in nearly 10 years I was sitting in the middle of the stadium and had a clear path to leave. I had empty seats to the right, front and behind me. Right before kickoff I even looked around and said to my buddy it looked like a bomb scare. Now it technically wasnt THAT bad but it wasnt a full house like it had been in previous weeks. The stands were the same way for McMinn and Stone Memorial on the road. Could have been weather or the travel but its annoying either way. Toughen up.

40yd line 4 rows up. It was the first time in nearly 10 years I was sitting in the middle of the stadium and had a clear path to leave. I had empty seats to the right, front and behind me. Right before kickoff I even looked around and said to my buddy it looked like a bomb scare. Now it technically wasnt THAT bad but it wasnt a full house like it had been in previous weeks. The stands were the same way for McMinn and Stone Memorial on the road. Could have been weather or the travel but its annoying either way. Toughen up.

I heard that there was already a ring sizing for the 2010 season a couple of weeks ago. Why put the fans though having to show up for those pesky games?

Good luck to both teams. I've got a lot of respect for both programs and how serious they take their football and how hard they play. Thanks for helping make my Warriors a better team in a shorter than normal amount of time. At D1 sports training centers they like to post the scripture "as Iron sharpens Iron". Thats what we have going for us in this district. Sorry either one of you has to lose this Friday night. Hope its an injury free game. :thumb:

Toughen up.

Seriously? I was just stating what I saw: the home sides were full. Maybe not Maryville or CAK full, but they were full. The Alcoa faithful were there, as they are for every game: home or away.

Back to the topic:

The scores from the last few years when Loudon has met Alcoa:

2010 season: 42-3 (This was after they came out flat after beating Maryville for the 2nd time in 2 years.)

Playoff: ????

2009: season: 21-0

Playoff: 21-3

2008 season: 37-0

Playoff: 34-0

2007 season: 42-6

(Did not meet in playoffs)

Alcoa will win this one early; the starters get more rest to get ready for the CAK rematch...for the state championship.

Seriously? I was just stating what I saw: the home sides were full. Maybe not Maryville or CAK full, but they were full. The Alcoa faithful were there, as they are for every game: home or away.

Back to the topic:

The scores from the last few years when Loudon has met Alcoa:

2010 season: 42-3 (This was after they came out flat after beating Maryville for the 2nd time in 2 years.)

Playoff: ????

2009: season: 21-0

Playoff: 21-3

2008 season: 37-0

Playoff: 34-0

2007 season: 42-6

(Did not meet in playoffs)

Alcoa will win this one early; the starters get more rest to get ready for the CAK rematch...for the state championship.

Toughen up was for the fans that didnt show up to the game. If you were there, then you have no reasons to worry. ;)

http://rise.espn.go.com/football/team-rankings/Index.aspx

Also, Alcoa cracks the top 50 on the ESPN FAB 50 rankings