Bearden @ Dobyns-Bennett

ArtVandalay

After a quick review of the statistics in the Knoxville News Sentinel it is clear that a 'speacility' teams meltdown is to blame for this one. Not the first time that has happened.

Here are some interesting stats...

DB had 25 first downs to Bearden's 16.

DB had 362 yds rushing to Bearden's 113.

Passing was about equal with DB getting 126 in the air to Bearden's 134.

Bearden punted 4 times, DB once.

DY was held to 112 yards on 25 carries.

CS had 172 yards on 25 carries.

DB had one turnover to Bearden's zero TOs.

Based on the above you would expect to see that DB won this game going away, but...

DB had 12 pentalties for 115 yds.

DB's lone punt was for 13 yards.

DB gave up a KO return TD.

DB blew a game winning FG as time expired.

Not to take anything away from the Bulldogs, but it would appear that DB beat themselves with penalties and nothing short of a special teams collapse.

Sad to take a loss this way.

Sadly, I dont believe that we can blame schedule or the level of regular season competition for this loss. This one looks like player focus and preparation.

Edited by rolltriberoll

After a quick review of the statistics in the Knoxville News Sentinel it is clear that a 'speacility' teams meltdown is to blame for this one. Not the first time that has happened.

Based on the above you would expect to see that DB won this game going away, but...

Not to take anything away from the Bulldogs, but it would appear that DB beat themselves with penalties and nothing short of a special teams collapse.

Sad to take a loss this way.

Sadly, I dont believe that we can blame schedule or the level of regular season competition for this lose. This one looks like player focus and preparation.

Darn, that sucks.

Thanks for the stats, that does paint a better picture of what happened. Also, explains 91's comment about DY having 5 TDs but DB played him well. Looks like DB just had too many mistakes to overcome. The score is always the most important set of numbers. Is this game on-line in video format anywhere?

Thanks for the stats, that does paint a better picture of what happened. Also, explains 91's comment about DY having 5 TDs but DB played him well. Looks like DB just had too many mistakes to overcome. The score is always the most important set of numbers. Is this game on-line in video format anywhere?

The hidden yardage in the penalties and KO return was a big equalizer.

Edited by rolltriberoll

Clark did a good job tonight as he has all season. He runs the offense and he did a good job calling the plays tonight. If you score 35 points you should be able to win the game. Our defense couldn't contain Young and he made us look silly. Our pass defense was horrid as it has been for the past three years. WAY WAY to many mistakes and penalties tonight. I think two dead ball personal fouls. Thats just stupid.Im not even going to comment on the botched field goal attempt. Sensabaugh, Swafford, Steele, and Seabolt played great tonight. Everybody is right though. We will never make much noise in the playoffs. We just need to be content with beating the crap out of everybody in upper east tn. then get ready for basketball season. Thats just the way it is. Never gonna' change. Im out.

WaCo,you sound like you are ready to jump, all you guys in Kingsport better check the bridges.

Sadly, I dont believe that we can blame schedule or the level of regular season competition for this loss. This one looks like player focus and preparation.

DB football is what it is....big fish, little pond. I have no emotions in this, because I am apt go anywhere to watch on a Friday night. I've been to 6 states so far this year for games. Your comment about focus and preparation is right, but you are wrong about the schedule. Big games against good/great teams during the year will help you immensely with focus & preparation down the road come playoff time. DB would do themselves a big favor by looking to the South Carolina upstate, North Georgia, Roanoke Valley, Charlotte area for games. Bell Co. Ky. would have been a nice test for them this year as well. I realize they play who they have to play (several teams in DB's conference would have trouble competing in Class A) up here, but games with Sevier Co. Clinton, and Farragut won't help you either.

WaCo,you sound like you are ready to jump, all you guys in Kingsport better check the bridges.

I don't where you get that Im going to jump off a bridge because of a high school football game. I would be more likley to jump because of this dang Pizza Hut pop up that keeps knocking me off the CoachT page. I fully expected DB to loose in one of the first three rounds. Any DB fan that doesn't admit that is just kidding themselves. And don't start calling me a fair weather fan. Its just reality. Plain and simple. Its no different than the reality that Science Hill, South, and Jefferson Co. can't beat us. Just reality.

Guest footballfan100

91, wacko, an all others.....when will you ever realize that your db will only be good in east tn?? east of greenville, because you all couldnt beat greenville either......want some crow????? hahahahaha are u guys STILL PUMPED???? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...good thing your defensive experts shut young down and held him to 5 tds!!!! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I don't where you get that Im going to jump off a bridge because of a high school football game. I would be more likley to jump because of this dang Pizza Hut pop up that keeps knocking me off the CoachT page. I fully expected DB to loose in one of the first three rounds. Any DB fan that doesn't admit that is just kidding themselves. And don't start calling me a fair weather fan. Its just reality. Plain and simple. Its no different than the reality that Science Hill, South, and Jefferson Co. can't beat us. Just reality.

It was pretty easy to see that I knew we would have our hands full last night.Not that we are lacking but the fact Bearden has some pretty good athletes as well.I also knew the winner of last nights game would have to play a very special game next week and get some gifts to boot.We made mistakes but it was a great game.After next friday,we will have a pretty good gauge of the team we had this year, because Bearden and Dobyns Bennett are very equal at this point.I always hate it for the seniors but life moves on and we can all come back next year and pull for the Tribe.

91, wacko, an all others.....when will you ever realize that your db will only be good in east tn?? east of greenville, because you all couldnt beat greenville either......want some crow????? hahahahaha are u guys STILL PUMPED???? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...good thing your defensive experts shut young down and held him to 5 tds!!!! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Ok, you got me. Your 100% correct. We suck. But I wouldn't crow to loud about Greenville. A team that has beat DB once in a 35 year span. :)

And by the way, I never predicted that DB would win any playoff game. Im smarter than that.

What a fool.Have some class and don't be an ####.The coach didn't let me leave what I wrote.Don't make everyone hate Greeneville because the kids are better then that down there

Edited by BatmanDB