Bearden @ Dobyns-Bennett

ArtVandalay

I'm not suggesting GC should go... But obviously some staff tweaking is in order... Secondary and special teams.

If I had the answers,I'd share them myself.We have a couple of players that have went on and been drafted in the NFL play for our coaches in question.I've watched our coaches and know they teach everything we need to win games.We had some great athletes and still had some let downs.I guess I would say that DB is made up of human beings and not gods.Comp,I thought the 2002 and 2004 teams were better "teams" and the 2002 group got hot at the right time and should have won it all.

That was DB's best shot in the last several years.We were talking about that game this summer. DB touched the ball and walked off the field and the ref never blew it dead.You guys might have a different take however.I thought we had a good shot in 2008,but would have had problems with Oakland's big line

I dont remember anyone touching it or downing it i remember it being like a 10 or 20 yard punt that bounced back towards the line of scrimmage and everyone getting away from it then Perkins just grabs it and runs it in

I know we have the greatest collection of football minds on coacht.Everyone has an opinion and that's a good thing.No Comp,it's not the best team in ten years and yes Barb GC is a very good coach. Ex,I doubt we will see a coaching change for a long time and I'm fine with that.

Batman,

I think you nailed it. GC is a very good coach. His regular season winning percentage is a testament to that.

However, he is not a great coach. His playoff winning percentage is a testament to that.

I certainly respect your opinion, but I am not satisfied with very good. It is my opinion that others are in the same boat.

Most are not pleased with a lone playoff win every few seasons.

Edited by rolltriberoll

Batman,

I think you nailed it. GC is a very good coach. His regular season winning percentage is a testament to that.

However, he is not a great coach. His playoff winning percentage is a testament to that.

I certainly respect your opinion, but I am not satisfied with very good. It is my opinion that others are in the same boat.

Batman,

I don't think none of us will be happy until a playoff championship is won.

First post i've had about this game. Still cannot believe they ruled Barger's run out of bounds in overtime. The ref who spotted the ball at the 3 was not even watching the play. Also, heard from someone that watched the film, that the closest person to being offsides on the onside kick was a yard and a half behind the ball. Boy would that have been a momentum changer? Oh well, i can complain all i want, but we had many opportunities to win in regulation. There was no way we were gonna stop devrin 10 yards out in overtime anyways

I dont remember anyone touching it or downing it i remember it being like a 10 or 20 yard punt that bounced back towards the line of scrimmage and everyone getting away from it then Perkins just grabs it and runs it in

Nobody touched it,that was the problem.Joe Ervin was back there for some reason,and he did not regularly return punts.He watched it rolled and didn't down the ball.End of story.

Nobody touched it,that was the problem.Joe Ervin was back there for some reason,and he did not regularly return punts.He watched it rolled and didn't down the ball.End of story.

Rankin's own words about the punt play was "you can't just touch it"you have to hold it down until the official blows it dead,he just slapped at it,and our guy was smart enough to pick it up and run it in.I guess someone on the Tribe's side thought he touched the ball down.DB had 317 to 160 yards for the game but not the stat that counts.What was Joe doing returning a punt for Riverdale on that play to begain with.

Edited by BatmanDB

Rankin's own words about the punt play was "you can't just touch it"you have to hold it down until the official blows it dead,he just slapped at it,and our guy was smart enough to pick it up and run it in.I guess someone on the Tribe's side thought he touched the ball down.DB had 317 to 160 yards for the game but not the stat that counts.What was Joe doing returning a punt for Riverdale on that play to begain with.

Joe was trying to return punt for DB.RiverDale took it to the house when it wasn't downed.What was

Joe doing back there to begin with,good question? Playoffs!

Joe was trying to return punt for DB.RiverDale took it to the house when it wasn't downed.What was

Joe doing back there to begin with,good question? Playoffs!

We punted on the play that has been talked about for two pages.A net gain of three yards on the punt by the way.That couldn't have been the play Joe was back there and if it had been,nobody touches the ball and they can't pick it up anyway.On a kick return yes,but not on a punt return.

We punted on the play that has been talked about for two pages.A net gain of three yards on the punt by the way.That couldn't have been the play Joe was back there and if it had been,nobody touches the ball and they can't pick it up anyway.On a kick return yes,but not on a punt return.

On a punt a ball touched and left by the receiving team can be picked up and advanced as long as the whistle has not been blown.