AC vs. Powell

oppressed238

It's gonna be embarassing for you when you look at the box score. AC had a whole lot more than that. This was a well played game all around. Not sure what happened after the game other than Powell refusing to shake hands. That's curious. We shook theirs when they beat us. Also, what's with No. 2 coming toward our side after the game and showing us his IQ level?

I just saw that stat from a powell player but i thought you all had more too but i was not sure. I have no clue about what happened after the game but from what i heard it got a little tense..anyways congratulations anderson county well played game and good luck next week.

AC came to the game focused and ready for war. Powell didn't come on until late in the game, but made a great effort to win. Great effort on both sides. I do wonder if Moberly had played, if things would have been different. However, I believe that it must have been a very hard, gut wrenching decision not to play him. I guess that was the right thing to do for the circumstances at hand (what ever they are, I do not need to know). My respect to the Powell HS administration and the Powell coaches. It could have been easy to just play him and not give any answers. They took the high road and it cost the team (maybe, maybe not). I believe this will be a profound lesson to all in this area who have heard about him not playing. Ethics, morals, discipline, and responsibility are lifes true staples. All should be thankful for that lesson. A shame one team had to lose.

Good job Powell. Great season. It will be even better next season.

Go AC.

Chip off the old block is what I have always heard. Each team takes the direction and ledership of its head coach. Was toonight an example of that? You be de judge!

Right. Being 11-1 really is a bad thing, isn't it? Funny that the putdown is coming from 0-10. As you said, "you be de judge". Sure does appear that those grapes are really sour.

Don't believe everything you read, DD. I think another post in this thread is leavng out a few key points about the post game verbal exchange. It wasn't just from one side. There is no room for pointing fingers in this one.

AC came to the game focused and ready for war. Powell didn't come on until late in the game, but made a great effort to win. Great effort on both sides. I do wonder if Moberly had played, if things would have been different. However, I believe that it must have been a very hard, gut wrenching decision not to play him. I guess that was the right thing to do for the circumstances at hand (what ever they are, I do not need to know). My respect to the Powell HS administration and the Powell coaches. It could have been easy to just play him and not give any answers. They took the high road and it cost the team (maybe, maybe not). I believe this will be a profound lesson to all in this area who have heard about him not playing. Ethics, morals, discipline, and responsibility are lifes true staples. All should be thankful for that lesson. A shame one team had to lose.

Good job Powell. Great season. It will be even better next season.

Go AC.

Bottom line is the Mobley kid let his team down and probably divided the team and hurt their chemistry for the playoffs.

HTV,

I never just said Powell and didn't mean to sound like that but both coaches played at the schools they now coach and they both were allowed to do things that weren't really good to do...some attitude wise and some recruiting wise.

I respect you and the Powell and Anderson Co. teams and just wish we could get back to where we were looking down instead of up at the standings. Every body has to go thru the bad times and I guess now is our turn but we will be back, I just dont know how long it will take.

HTV,

I never just said Powell and didn't mean to sound like that but both coaches played at the schools they now coach and they both were allowed to do things that weren't really good to do...some attitude wise and some recruiting wise.

I respect you and the Powell and Anderson Co. teams and just wish we could get back to where we were looking down instead of up at the standings. Every body has to go thru the bad times and I guess now is our turn but we will be back, I just dont know how long it will take.

I'm just not sure what you think Powell didn't do that they should have. Several players were dismissed this year for discipinary reasons. And we all know that a very talented player didn't play in the playoffs because he was suspended. What else should the Powell coaches and administration have done that they didn't?

Recruiting? If you have information on illegal recruiting I suggest you contact the TSSAA. Otherwise, the allegations are pretty empty and do come off as sour grapes. It's not like Powell has Loganyoungesque abilities to convince families to move in to the Powell zone just so their sons can play football there. Powell is a closed zone school.

Not sure where the holier than thou attitude is coming from on this one. There is no basis for it.