Hendersonville Commandos at Henry County Patriots

QBClubPrez

Some of you guys just don't get it - HC has a hard time scheduling tough non-district games. That's all that can, and should, be said about that matter.

As far as playing tougher teams: It helps, but it's not that big of a deal. When Maryville was winning state championship after state championship, who did they plat outside of Alcoa?

These midstate teams that win, and play good teams consistently, are a product of their location. Great football is played in the midstate, especially Wilco and Sumner Co. It is what is is.

Patriots struggle against mid-state teams

I hate to beat a dead horse, and I'm actually in favor of the idea that playing tough opponents helps you in the playoffs. But when I played for Henry County back in the mid 90's, our schedule wasn't exactly filled with cupcakes. My senior year we had a pretty dang good team. And we played Oakland, Brentwood Academy, Montgomery Bell Academy, along with a few "decent" teams, and yet we still lost in the first round to Mount Juliet. Just saying. Same story for my Sophomore and Junior years as well. We played tough scedules and we even went to the Quarterfinals my Sophomore year, yet we still lost, albeit a close game with a very good MBA squad that had beaten us earlier in the season as well. And that was when we had Coach Samsel, who has gone on to much success in Mississippi. Basically what I'm saying is that I don't think the strength of schedule is the definite problem. But I don't know what else is.

I suppose toughening up our schedule could help us more THESE days, seeing as how the playoff system is much more watered down than it was back then with two divisions and 8 classes, which means its easier to win a gold ball than it was back then. But it's just hard to say that's for sure.

Why don't we table the "tough team early helps with playoffs" discussio. I have been (from a player) the schedule has already been set. HC has Liberty @ home 1st week and Beech in Hendersonville 2nd week in 2011. Would like to say glad NE is still in our district next year.

This is correct!...The Crusaders are up first in Paris during Week 0 then the Patriots go to Beech to visit the Bucs during Week 1! Keep your fingers crossed...there may be some other excitement to go along with these two!

Interesting:

Springfield plays Gallatin week 1

Henry County plays Beech week 1

Early test for our region to see where the two big name 5A schools stand against their two big name 5A teams.

Springfield actually beat the Patriots!.....that was a game "most" wanted to schedule and the Jackets beat the Patriots to the punch! Congrats (I guess) on beating HC in the scheduling game!

Easy Swarm...there's lots of "moving pieces"!

Very well. Lets hope everything works out for the best. I'm also very happy to see Liberty back on the schedule, that is turning into a pretty good rivalry. And I do think it will be beneficial for HC to see a team like Beech, even if it is early in the season. And northeast looks to be an improving program. Whoever the interim coach is should definitely keep his job and should be praised for the job he's done this year. What they were able to do in this postseason was very impressive. I agree that they are important to this district, and I'm glad to see they will still be with us for awhile.

Very well. Lets hope everything works out for the best. I'm also very happy to see Liberty back on the schedule, that is turning into a pretty good rivalry. And I do think it will be beneficial for HC to see a team like Beech, even if it is early in the season. And northeast looks to be an improving program. Whoever the interim coach is should definitely keep his job and should be praised for the job he's done this year. What they were able to do in this postseason was very impressive. I agree that they are important to this district, and I'm glad to see they will still be with us for awhile.

agree, thier was a link on the other page that was very insightful as well....

Playing in your weak division gives you a false sense of security, and for the most part you dont face teams that are at you level... The teams in wico, sumner and rutherford for the most partbeat up each other week to week within thier divison - look at Smyrna they put ENSWORTH and BRENTWOOD on the playlist -

Interesting:

Springfield plays Gallatin week 1

Henry County plays Beech week 1

Early test for our region to see where the two big name 5A schools stand against their two big name 5A teams.

Even though Red Warrior seems to disagree with playing "Big Games" early I like this game for us (Springfield). If I am not wrong, I think we dropped White House for Gallatin. WH is always a big gate and has been a 'rival" game for many years but they are a class (in numbers not character) below us. Should be a good test to see where we match up with our sister district to the East. Do we still have Greenbrier in week Zero or has that game changed as well?

Springfield actually beat the Patriots!.....that was a game "most" wanted to schedule and the Jackets beat the Patriots to the punch! Congrats (I guess) on beating HC in the scheduling game!

This will be an early test for us Prez to see where we are at and what we need to improve on. Gallatin is always good. It would have been nice to schedule Gallatin and Beech both with our non-district games