Hendersonville Commandos at Henry County Patriots

QBClubPrez

Playing a tougher schedule does make you a better team. However, It does not guarantee a win against anyone in the playoffs or on any other game night.

Playing a tough schedule CAN make you better. I will agree with that. According to this theory however, Hendersonville must be MUCH better than we are since our schedule was MUCH tougher than theirs.

I have read and reread your post and I can find no questions for me to answer. Ask the questions you want and if they are good questions, then I will gladly respond. Do you think our district is tough? I don't! Have you not read what I said about our game? Hendersonville was better than we were. They were more physical than we were. They deserved to win. My point in my last post was simply that if strength of schedule is so "all important', then how did Hendersonville beat us, since our schedule was MUCH tougher than theirs...at least according to the Coacht computer service calculations.

I would guess that Hendersonville was better than you on that particular night. I can't say for sure I didn't attend the game. Clarksville was better than us (Springfield) in the playoffs and deserved to beat us (Springfield). They played with more desire and had a better game plan. Our team (Springfield) came out, emotionally, flatter than a pancake and never came out of it.

That is my point Red. You have worn out this thread and every other thread complaining about the level of competition in our district. Hendersonville DEFEATED you and their schedule is rated lower than yours. Do you think that Hendersonville's district is weaker than ours? I don't. Our district has some weak teams. Springfield was the weakest football team two years ago posting a 1 and 19 record for years 2006 and 2007.

I would be interested to know? And here is a question that you might answer. If Northeast beats Hendersonville Friday night will you concede that our district maybe is stronger than you would lead people to believe?? You keep trying to blame your lose to Hendersonville (as I see it) on others teams (having to play a weak schedule in your district). Maybe Hendersonville was just better. Sorry, but you might just have to look in the mirror and admit it.. If our district is so bad petition to leave. Seems easy enough to me. Go play somewhere that you feel matches your players ability. Stop blaming the rest of us in the district.

I would guess that Hendersonville was better than you on that particular night. I can't say for sure I didn't attend the game. Clarksville was better than us (Springfield) in the playoffs and deserved to beat us (Springfield). They played with more desire and had a better game plan. Our team (Springfield) came out, emotionally, flatter than a pancake and never came out of it.

That is my point Red. You have worn out this thread and every other thread complaining about the level of competition in our district. Hendersonville DEFEATED you and their schedule is rated lower than yours. Do you think that Hendersonville's district is weaker than ours? I don't. Our district has some weak teams. Springfield was the weakest football team two years ago posting a 1 and 19 record for years 2006 and 2007.

I would be interested to know? And here is a question that you might answer. If Northeast beats Hendersonville Friday night will you concede that our district maybe is stronger than you would lead people to believe?? You keep trying to blame your lose to Hendersonville (as I see it) on others teams (having to play a weak schedule in your district). Maybe Hendersonville was just better. Sorry, but you might just have to look in the mirror and admit it.. If our district is so bad petition to leave. Seems easy enough to me. Go play somewhere that you feel matches your players ability. Stop blaming the rest of us in the district.

If NE beats Hendersonville I will apologize for complaining about our weak district and admit that I was wrong. I am not a coach anymore so I can't petition anything. Even if I were a coach at HC, you can't really select your own district. I haven't attempted to blame our loss to Hendersonville on our weak district. What my point has been is that for people to say that had we played a tougher non-district schedule, we would have been better prepared for the playoffs. HOGWASH! our only two opportunities for non-district games are in August and early September.

If NE beats Hendersonville I will apologize for complaining about our weak district and admit that I was wrong. I am not a coach anymore so I can't petition anything. Even if I were a coach at HC, you can't really select your own district. I haven't attempted to blame our loss to Hendersonville on our weak district. What my point has been is that for people to say that had we played a tougher non-district schedule, we would have been better prepared for the playoffs. HOGWASH! our only two opportunities for non-district games are in August and early September.

I was hoping the the true you would come out. Thank you for showing some class. I have renewed respect for you. When I posted about petitioning to leave the district, I didn't mean you personally I was speaking about your program/administration petitioning.

Wouldn't it help to schedule your non-district later? We (Springfield) play one of ours early and the second non-district late. I realize the juggling that must be done with schools schedules BUT if it is a big a problem as you seem to think it is suggest they change. I have some thoughts on the strengthen of schedule if you would like to hear them??

Yawning....a freshmen named Brandon Donaldson carried the basketball team last night.

Yeah he scored 24 points. Very impressive. I don't even think Marcus Etheridge ever scored that many points as a freshman and he was arguably the best basketball player that has come through Henry County, and I believe he's the all time leading scorer. I do recall him having 22 once as a freshman though. But still, Donaldson scoring 24 as a freshman, in his first ever game of varsity ball none-the-less, is quite an accomplishment.

Anyways, back on topic...

I was hoping the the true you would come out. Thank you for showing some class. I have renewed respect for you. When I posted about petitioning to leave the district, I didn't mean you personally I was speaking about your program/administration petitioning.

Wouldn't it help to schedule your non-district later? We (Springfield) play one of ours early and the second non-district late. I realize the juggling that must be done with schools schedules BUT if it is a big a problem as you seem to think it is suggest they change. I have some thoughts on the strengthen of schedule if you would like to hear them??

I would assume that your disrict schedule is given to you or you draw for it and then you have to work your non-district schedule around it. That's the way it worked in Mississippi. It's just the luck of the draw. I doubt that we have any choice whatsoever in the timing of our non-district games, but I really don't know for sure. Fire away!

I would assume that your disrict schedule is given to you or you draw for it and then you have to work your non-district schedule around it. That's the way it worked in Mississippi. It's just the luck of the draw. I doubt that we have any choice whatsoever in the timing of our non-district games, but I really don't know for sure. Fire away!

After Thursday all schools will have their district schedule, and then the teams can shuffle to schedule non-region games! Our district is waiting on the Northeast ruling to move to 4A, and if this happens we will only play 7 district games leaving 3 weeks of non-district games to play. I personally like this for the rival factor with schools. Coach Myers is trying to schedule teams that will prepare our program for the future, as well as, keep our in county rival. Don't be surprised to see Gallatin and Beech or Station Camp added to our schedule to prepare our team for the playoffs. Coach Myers believes that tough scrimmages in the Spring and Fall, and tough out of district games during the year makes your program better in the long run. So after Thursday teams will be able to go find games.