Oak Ridge @ Riverdale

warhawks

Oak Ridge afraid of Riverdale... never have been never will be. Respect.... yes we respect what you have done this year and in the past. If you win well I guess we got beat but it's all even till the first kickoff .

As far a being a cup cake I don't think you will say that even if you beat us. We'll come to play and don't quit until the game is over.

All that being said ROLL WILDCATS ROLL Did you know there's a song that starts with those words? Written in 1946 by an Oak Ridge student. It's our fight song we don't have to use someone else's.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the history between this two schools. even though Riverdale holds the overall record Oak Ridge one the last one. I played in three of the games in this series lost two and won the last one it is a great rivalry. But as good as Riverdale is its hard to stop a team on a winning streak regardless of how close of games Oak Ridge has played in the play offs. This Wildcat team is starting to believe in themselves and they fight to the bitter end. Rocky Fluud is running well, offense isn;t turning the ball over, and defense is playing physically. The wing T is a great offense but only if you can throw out of it. Can't wait to make the trip to the Boro. Im going with the upset 21-17 Cats.

I love the history between this two schools. even though Riverdale holds the overall record Oak Ridge one the last one. I played in three of the games in this series lost two and won the last one it is a great rivalry. But as good as Riverdale is its hard to stop a team on a winning streak regardless of how close of games Oak Ridge has played in the play offs. This Wildcat team is starting to believe in themselves and they fight to the bitter end. Rocky Fluud is running well, offense isn;t turning the ball over, and defense is playing physically. The wing T is a great offense but only if you can throw out of it. Can't wait to make the trip to the Boro. Im going with the upset 21-17 Cats.

"only if you can throw out of it"???...

well belive me...THEY CAN THROW OUT OF IT...

against a VERY good defense of blackman...Mr. Woodruff threw for 335 yards...

that is the devil in this mean machine...

if you stop the run like we did...little man starts rolling right and rolling left and hits everything he throws at...

Riverdale in a Rout!

Riverdale 42 Oakridge 17

Thanks Batman, we are happy to still be playing. We are playing very efficiently right now, we haven't turned the ball over in three games. We're having 3 to 4 penalties per game and we are getting better each week and growing up. We are very proud of this group. If anybody has ever seen this Bradley team we just beat and they know football, then they know we just beat a good football team at their place. It was a great win for this team.

Having said all that, it is clear that Riverdale has played better competition in a much tougher region. They are deeper, bigger and faster than Oak Ridge. They have the more talented roster and should win this game. But like Bounder said, our guys believe they can win and they will play their hearts out Friday night. If we don't turn it over and continue to not make mistakes and penalties, we have a chance to win this ballgame. If you want to call us a cupcake that's your opinion. And you know what opinions are like, everybody has one. Are we underdogs, absolutely; cupcakes, I don't think so.

Oak Ridge didn't make the bracket, and Riverdale didn't make the bracket. Quit whining and crying about the brackets. Just take care of your business and you just might get to taste the cupcake.

Thanks Batman, we are happy to still be playing. We are playing very efficiently right now, we haven't turned the ball over in three games. We're having 3 to 4 penalties per game and we are getting better each week and growing up. We are very proud of this group. If anybody has ever seen this Bradley team we just beat and they know football, then they know we just beat a good football team at their place. It was a great win for this team.

Having said all that, it is clear that Riverdale has played better competition in a much tougher region. They are deeper, bigger and faster than Oak Ridge. They have the more talented roster and should win this game. But like Bounder said, our guys believe they can win and they will play their hearts out Friday night. If we don't turn it over and continue to not make mistakes and penalties, we have a chance to win this ballgame. If you want to call us a cupcake that's your opinion. And you know what opinions are like, everybody has one. Are we underdogs, absolutely; cupcakes, I don't think so.

Oak Ridge didn't make the bracket, and Riverdale didn't make the bracket. Quit whining and crying about the brackets. Just take care of your business and you just might get to taste the cupcake.

While R'dale tends to be VERY deep, don't expect to see the 100 man sideline anymore because it is not happening anymore.

Also Oak Ridge knows it is NOT the R'dale fans calling Oak Ridge cupcakes. Some of us still remember that long cold ride home the year we were 'supposed' to go back to back State Champions, but came home to turn in OUR gear.

Cupcakes meaning Riverdale? I don't think so... Don't listen to the Maryville fans- Just because they had their way with you all that does nt mean anything to us. ..

I think Riverdale is a great program myself. If I still lived down that way I would be going to your games.. I love it down there.

You need to get out more...

Oak Ridge is a cupcake?!? LOL, Most people said that Riverdale would beat Oak Ridge back in 2005 too. What was the score in that game again?

Yes, Riverdale could win it all, if they didn't have to play Maryvile or Smyrna to win the state championship. LOL

If Riverdale is fortunate enough to get by Oak Ridge this week, then they'll have to play host to Maryville. Maryville mops the field with them! Write it down!!!

"only if you can throw out of it"???...

well belive me...THEY CAN THROW OUT OF IT...

against a VERY good defense of blackman...Mr. Woodruff threw for 335 yards...

that is the devil in this mean machine...

if you stop the run like we did...little man starts rolling right and rolling left and hits everything he throws at...

Riverdale in a Rout!

Riverdale 42 Oakridge 17

The wing T is a multiple motion offense that relies mainly on play action to get the quarterback outside of the pocket and they will mainly run waggle plays out of it. When you run the wing T you set the pass by running the ball and there are very few straight back drops. After you stop the run they have to pass and that will usually mean man coverage that way you can keep the running backs honest. This will for the ends to play contain and if they do and stretch the play to the sidelines that limits the amount of receivers open down-field. Oak Ridge ran the wing T for 8 years so I know it very well. One game against over three hundred yards is great and that usually happens a few times a season but not regularly in the wing T. did this quarterback have any other big games passing?