Boyd Buc @ Wartburg

reaction

We've been there thirteen straight seasons, and WB has been there...last time was 2004. We'll be there. You just keep on playing a cupcake schedule and you'll get there again with another inflated seeding.

Ripped. I have been looking at everyone we have played schedules, and they all seem to be half way decent. Wartburg and Hampton both were 9-2 but their competition was horrid. Playing teams that are 4-6,0-10,4-6, 5-6,3-8,9-2, 7-4, 2-8, 7-5, 8-3. Beating 3 teams with winning records is a great accomplishment. Not trying say we had the best schedule but I think the level of competition we faced this year is a tiny bit better. Enough with the comparing the stats though, we will find out who the better team is this Friday. Good Luck. Predictions come Thursday night

We've been there thirteen straight seasons, and WB has been there...last time was 2004. We'll be there. You just keep on playing a cupcake schedule and you'll get there again with another inflated seeding.

I remember not so long ago when you all couldn't stick a greased peg up a billy goats aaaaaaa, I better not go there. We may have to spread out our recruiting area. We only recruit in Petros, Joyner, Mossy Grove, Arms Chapel and the Goby and Greasy Creek area...........wait, I'm sorry those areas are Wartburg bound anyway. Oh well, forget expanding our recruiting area. Maybe we could get several rich donors to help us with that talent edge we seem to lack. Maybe we could recruit from the Hamilton County area because their system seems to be pitiful as stated by a few on here, that the county stars will go ahead and let the few private schools down there pay their tuition after a little arm twisting of course. Maybe we could hit Bradley County also and maybe give a couple of North Georgia stars a Tennessee address. I'm just saying.....the state line is in question any way. :roflolk:

Boyd Buchanan-Brainerd will win this game. Boyd Buchanan-Brainerd played a tougher schedule that Wartburg-Morgan. Goodluck to our friends at Boyd Buchanan-Brainerd. Represent the area well. On second thought, is there anyway we could trade opponents this week? Gordonsville is loaded and the young S.P. team is going to have trouble.

I remember not so long ago when you all couldn't stick a greased peg up a billy goats aaaaaaa, I better not go there. We may have to spread out our recruiting area. We only recruit in Petros, Joyner, Mossy Grove, Arms Chapel and the Goby and Greasy Creek area...........wait, I'm sorry those areas are Wartburg bound anyway. Oh well, forget expanding our recruiting area. Maybe we could get several rich donors to help us with that talent edge we seem to lack. Maybe we could recruit from the Hamilton County area because their system seems to be pitiful as stated by a few on here, that the county stars will go ahead and let the few private schools down there pay their tuition after a little arm twisting of course. Maybe we could hit Bradley County also and maybe give a couple of North Georgia stars a Tennessee address. I'm just saying.....the state line is in question any way. :roflolk:

Sure...when you can't dispute the truth, play the "recruiting" card...everyone else does. yawn.

Well, Well, Well, didn't realize Hal Mumme was on here. So since you are the expert of the spread and you have all the inside scoop on the Wartburg Spread in particular, you tell me and the rest of the Coach T world which it is?? Your left handed well trained monkey could tell you that throwing for 200 a game isnt quite as easy when you are also rushing for 160 a game as well. But then again, you probably know all that since you are on here sharing your insight. The offense is averaging right at 346 yards a game and allowing around 127 yards per game. Now the schedule is what it is, but I promise you there are no cupcakes on it. These kids have made great strides.

Now for the Boyd Buchanan faithful, I for one think this will be a closer game than many on here have said. Will probably come down to a hand full of plays where one side or the other will make a play. That being said, the Bulldogs will have their hands full but I will hold off on a prediction until I get by practice on Thursday. If the Dogs come out as focused and prepared as they did against Oliver Springs, they will be in good shape. :thumb:

Several things to address here. I have said this three times in two other posts on this thread but since you asked I'll throw it against the wall one more time, maybe it'll stick with you this time. I have already expressed to you that I believe the WB runs an average spread AT BEST. That is the "which one is it" in my observation & opinion. Don't agree? OK then you don't agree. Next the "no cupcakes in the schedule" comment. Please, Oakdale, Jellico, Monterey, Midway, c'mon. I mean do you even believe your own "no cupcake" comment? Next I agree with you that Rome wasn't built in a day but it's not like you just started a football program yesterday. I think y'all have been at it for awhile. Lastly I'm not trying to belittle or deminish anything that Wartburg has accomplished this year. They are having a much better season than they usually have & have much more talent than they usually do. With that said just because you put together an OK team & cruise through a weak district that overall is even more watered down than usual then get a first round bye before beating a mediocre team that beat you earlier in the season doesn't mean the dawgs are world beaters. Best of luck to the dawgs but if they win the better team will not advance & of the two I truly believe Boyd is the only one with a legitimate shot at TC or SM in round four. There it is, like it or lump it, I could care less.

Sure...when you can't dispute the truth, play the "recruiting" card...everyone else does. yawn.

You can yawn and cough or puke. The truth will be setteled on Friday night. No Boyd hob nob is not going to tell me anything about how great their all stars are and how elite they are and put down our sub par, talent starved and cream puff playing team and not expect me to point out a few of the truths of the private school. You can play it off as ho hum, make a statement that tries to draw attention from what was said, but we know. Its no secret, no high and mighty person is going to change this. Get over it, we know how it is done. There are quite a few intellegent Boyd folks on here that love their team and make no qualms about who they think will win. Thats the way to be, we try to be that way. It kinda makes the fuzz stand up on the back of our necks though when some oletigers get on here and act like they are so superior to everyone. We might lose Friday and I will hate it but the sun will still rise if its the good Lords will. We might also, heaven forbid I say this....Win also. Thats why they are gonna play this game. Good luck to both teams!!

Its the sign of, I think we are going to lose this one, what excuse can I use. :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

Don't give up on your team yet Tiger, at least wait until after the game to pull the recruiting card.

Edited by reaction

Its the sign of, I think we are going to lose this one, what excuse can I use. :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

Don't give up on your team yet Tiger, at least wait until after the game to pull the recruiting card.

I'm not giving up on them or throwing in the towel. We may lose or we may win, and I am rooting for Wartburg, but Boyd still recruits whether we win or lose. You recruit its not a excuse for us winning or losing. Don't get confused. That seems to be the popular answer from some of the Boyd denizen. Turn the recruiting statements into something that tries to take away from the fact that you do recruit. I'm not calling you all cheats, I'm saying you recruit. Don't mis-understand

Wartburg's management of the spread is average at best. They're not like a machine gun firing plays every 10 to 15 seconds. They just run it, like I said, average. QB is an athlete but probably would have to fight for the back up position at most contenders (Boyd, TC, & the like). They have one receiver with talent but not a standout on a statewide level. They have a decent defense but again nothing outstanding. To put it bluntly The only reason Wartburg has made it this far is they are having a GREAT year compared to their norm & they are in a weak as water district that the few teams that are generally decent are way down (oliver springs & oneida). Bottom line even with this years improved level of talent in most districts they would barely slide into the play offs & then would be 1 & done. Sorry Dawgs. Just an observation.

D & D you must have watched Wartburg play quite a few times this year seeing as how you know so much about them. Now lets talk about their average spread offense. You say they are not like a machine gun firing plays every 10-15 seconds, well you would be right I do see them them snap it fast occassionally but it appears that they usually line up & see what the defense is giving them & then check to a play that they like against that defense. I think thats a pretty good deal, but I must ask you what does that have to do with running the spread? Thats the no huddle, a lot of spread teams huddle. Wartburg goes with a no huddle approach that has apparently worked quite well for them this year.

Now let us talk some more about what you call average players. I guess they probably are seeing as how none of them will be playing division 1 college football next year but some may play some small college ball either way they are making the most of their Senior year of high school & playing as hard as they can which is all you can ask. I would be willing to say that they are having a much better high school career than you did. I mean I would guess you live a very "average" life at best. Probably not even average considering you have to get on a computer & bash a couple of kids on a computer knowing that here is a good chance they will read it. It must be sad to live such a miserable life that you make yourself feel better by trying to bash on a high school kids football days.

One thing about these average kids they have brought this football program a long way. A few years ago this school had lost 33 games in a row & now they are getting bashed because they arent playing the toughest schedule in the state. Danged if you do danged if you dont. They play competitive teams that they can compete with. Rockwood, Harriman, Midway teams that they play about every year & usually lose to them & now they get critcised for playing them because they won.

No doubt Boyd will be a tough game maybe the best they have played this year. They have won state championships & thats a level that Wartburg hasnt been to. Im sure we will find out Friday if we are ready for that step or not but win or lose it doesnt take away from the success that these boys have had this year.

D&D what school do you cheer for? Must be a team close by. Maybe one that our boys put a spanking on this year? Its obvious you dont like our boys but seriously....GET A LIFE!!!

Good luck to BB Friday & have a safe trip down, but I gotta say Go Dawgs!

Several things to address here. I have said this three times in two other posts on this thread but since you asked I'll throw it against the wall one more time, maybe it'll stick with you this time. I have already expressed to you that I believe the WB runs an average spread AT BEST. That is the "which one is it" in my observation & opinion. Don't agree? OK then you don't agree. Next the "no cupcakes in the schedule" comment. Please, Oakdale, Jellico, Monterey, Midway, c'mon. I mean do you even believe your own "no cupcake" comment? Next I agree with you that Rome wasn't built in a day but it's not like you just started a football program yesterday. I think y'all have been at it for awhile. Lastly I'm not trying to belittle or deminish anything that Wartburg has accomplished this year. They are having a much better season than they usually have & have much more talent than they usually do. With that said just because you put together an OK team & cruise through a weak district that overall is even more watered down than usual then get a first round bye before beating a mediocre team that beat you earlier in the season doesn't mean the dawgs are world beaters. Best of luck to the dawgs but if they win the better team will not advance & of the two I truly believe Boyd is the only one with a legitimate shot at TC or SM in round four. There it is, like it or lump it, I could care less.

Well yes, I do disagree about the Wartburg Spread being simply average. When I offer you stats to support my point about it being above average, you offer up NOTHING to support your position other than an asinine remark about left handed monkeys. Perhaps you know more about monkeys than the spread, but if that is your opinion so be it. Now there is a difference between a down team and a cupcake. Even you should see that. Cupcakes are non district games played at great distance to secure a win. Two of your examples are district games, the other two are drives of less than an hour and both beat Wartburg last year. Now lets talk about where this team has come from in the last few years. 4 years ago this team had its coach resign after 1 season and going 0-10 and moving back to Florida. The new staff came in and took over a team that was in a 32 game losing streak. The 1st year they won 1 game. The 2nd year, 4 games and this year have won 9. Now that 1st year, they were barley able to survive playing in region 2 AA with Alcoa, Sweetwater, Loudon and CAK. The 2nd year schedule was better in Distict 4A. This year they have been able to build on those improvements. Yes Wartburg has been playing football since 1946, but this current team has been on a rebuilding plan since 2008. Rome wasn't built in a day, neither was Boyd Buchanan, South Pittsburgh, or any other solid program. Considering where they were as Freshman, this group of seniors can take pride in what they have accomplished. Win or lose Friday night, they have brought this program back from the edge and made it respectable again. And while your caring is not relevant, supporting our team is something we in Wartburg do care about.

I'll be real suprised if WB beats BB, Thats not a knock against WB, you guys have had a great season and should be proud. I do believe the QB is better than a left handed chimp. Boyd is just so big on the line and the whole defense is disaplined and quick to the ball ,it will be hard to score many points. If boyd picks off a pass or 2 ,it could be over in a hurry. I will say this ,our QB had time to throw and we had some open people, but you have to get it there quick, they recover in a hurry. It wouldn't be the biggest upset in football history.