Hampton 2010/2011

uknoit2

These boys are def better than that. Hughes had a huge nite again but they need to step it up and help him out a little. All in all they played tough but gotta hit more off the shot oppurtunities they had. They played hard but nowhere near there potential. GO DAWGS!!!!!

I didn't see anything that was impressive, ESPECIALLY the shooting nor shot selection...couldn't have shot 20% from 12' and out. Bet 150 shots were put up!

Could have rotated the ball and found ALOT better shots.

Too worried about mouthing and fighting. Need to play the game.

NO WAY we could have shot nor played any worse....pitiful display of EVERYTHING....You boys are better than that.

Hampton 70-58 over Unaka

I felt this could be a trap game, coming on the heels of that blasting of Cloudland, when the boys are perhaps feeling a little too good about themselves. I give Unaka credit, they came to play, and didnt back down at any time. Hampton needs to keep their focus, and not over-look ANYONE. That cost us the sub-state game last year, and it could bite'em again if they're not careful. Hughes seems to be the only one with that "killer instinct", that desire to get that shot, that rebound, that free throw, that'll be the nail to finish off an opponent. Some have accused him of being selfish, I don't. At least he WANTS that ball, that shot, to be the one to end it. Others on this team need to step up and help out. I know we're continuing to win, but others need to realize Hughes can't do it all, all the time. That being said, I'm just happy the Dogs won, they're 17-3 now, undefeated in conference, and can look ahead to what's left of the regular season. Go Dogs!

I felt this could be a trap game, coming on the heels of that blasting of Cloudland, when the boys are perhaps feeling a little too good about themselves. I give Unaka credit, they came to play, and didnt back down at any time. Hampton needs to keep their focus, and not over-look ANYONE. That cost us the sub-state game last year, and it could bite'em again if they're not careful. Hughes seems to be the only one with that "killer instinct", that desire to get that shot, that rebound, that free throw, that'll be the nail to finish off an opponent. Some have accused him of being selfish, I don't. At least he WANTS that ball, that shot, to be the one to end it. Others on this team need to step up and help out. I know we're continuing to win, but others need to realize Hughes can't do it all, all the time. That being said, I'm just happy the Dogs won, they're 17-3 now, undefeated in conference, and can look ahead to what's left of the regular season. Go Dogs!

Nothing against these boys...but some shots shouldn't be taken!

Ball movement opens others to be more effective and more aggressive and opens the floor for better shots by all!

Like I said, a lil too interested in retaliation instead of playing ball tonight.

had to miss the game because of school glad to see Unaka hung tough hope they get overlooked when everyone comes to the Creek :rolleyes:

Creeker, you all got some athletes....I don't think we were overlooking them.

Im not kidding when I say we missed more shots than most teams miss in three games!

I didn't see a good outing by any...but then again, I look for team perfection and decent percentages... That's what cha gotta have if state enters your mind!

Edited by uknoit2

Creeker, you all got some athletes....I don't think we were overlooking them.

Im not kidding when I say we missed more shots than most teams miss in three games!

I didn't see a good outing by any...but then again, I look for team perfection and percentages... That's what cha gotta have if state enters your mind!

hate that i had to miss it but night class twice a week is disrupting my high school basketball going, hopefully both teams put on a show at Snavley when they meet again. Unaka is close to be a good lil threat if they play like their capable of, they could be a thorn in someones side come tournament time. Hampton and Cloudland will both be tough to top tho. Hamptons a State caliber team and Cloudland has proven tough in the tournaments the past few years should be an interesting one when the time comes around

hate that i had to miss it but night class twice a week is disrupting my high school basketball going, hopefully both teams put on a show at Snavley when they meet again. Unaka is close to be a good lil threat if they play like their capable of, they could be a thorn in someones side come tournament time. Hampton and Cloudland will both be tough to top tho. Hamptons a State caliber team and Cloudland has proven tough in the tournaments the past few years should be an interesting one when the time comes around

It should be fun watching if all three peak in a few weeks. I don't mind seeing a LITTLE jawing and physical play, but when these three teams meet its more like a competition of who can "look" and "talk" the toughest or throw the best cheap shot! I guess I was like that also when younger ;) ...it'd be nice to see em really play ball when they meet up!

Edited by uknoit2

It should be fun watching if all three peak in a few weeks. I don't mind seeing a LITTLE jawing and physical play, but when these three teams meet its more like a competition of who can "look" and "talk" the toughest or throw the best cheap shot! I guess I was like that also when younger ;) ...it'd be nice to see em really play ball when they meet up!

Usually what i expect when Unaka Hampton and Cloudland get together, some of my best friends walking around campus now are the same ones on the giving and recieving end of elbows and insults 2 years ago :roflol: