Hampton 2010/2011

uknoit2

Yep, there have been several posts about how much better Cloudland was than Hampton. I thought it was kinda funny that Coach Atwood at Johnson Co said after the game when they played Cloudland that he didn't see ANY single A teams around here beating Cloudland this year. Anyway, Big win for the Dogs! There is a LOT of basketball still to be played though and I hope the Dogs are not satisfied by this win. The dogs played good but I still think they can play better. Cloudland definitely did not play their best game and I expect them to play much better next time. I was impressed by the JV team that Cloudland has! They have a lot of really good young players there. Hampton does too and you can see that there will be some really good battles between these 2 for a while.

Those posts were not from Cloudland fans. There are very few Cloudland fans on coacht. YOu don't see any 2010/2011 Cloudland topics on here. I wish there were more but I don't mind chatting with the Bulldog faithful on my own. Anyway, we can't help what coaches from other teams say. I thought Cloudland would handle the atmosephere better the other night considering they have been to the state tournament. Im sure they will feel much more at home in the hostile Sonny Smith gym. :mrgreen:

Those posts were not from Cloudland fans. There are very few Cloudland fans on coacht. YOu don't see any 2010/2011 Cloudland topics on here. I wish there were more but I don't mind chatting with the Bulldog faithful on my own. Anyway, we can't help what coaches from other teams say. I thought Cloudland would handle the atmosephere better the other night considering they have been to the state tournament. Im sure they will feel much more at home in the hostile Sonny Smith gym. :mrgreen:

Glad the 'Lander faithful joined this forum. :thumb:

Yea, Ive only seen a hostile comment or two, here and there that was supposed to be from a Lander fan.

Doesnt bother me what another coach says, but it did fire this bunch up a bit when they read it weeks ago!

I imagine it will be harsh at Sonny Smith gym and I look forward to it....I enjoy the student sections at most schools but can see just how easy things could get out of control.

A few rules need to be enforced at EVERY school...enough with the taunting and/or gesturs used by some student sections (toward opposing students and refs)....In alot of games this year, Ive noticed the student body way too close to the players on the floor (just trouble waiting to happen)....

Play the game, scream, shout and support your team but show class! This is not a shot at any one program, but something all programs must work on....IMO

It was a fun game to watch, but not the norm. Cloudland made away to many mistakes,missed free throws and silly fouls. Hampton played good except for the 20nd quarter and Cloudlad showed alot of pride clawing back in the game. I thought both teams played with heart until the bitter end.I expect these teams will see each other a few more times' I doubt the outcome will be like this one.I don't think there is room for alot of error from either team. I'd love to see both teams go to the state and they have a fairly good chance. In the end Cloudland just has to learn from their mistakes and Hampton can't afford to get Highheaded.Hampton won the battle but the war is yet to be determined.

Naaaa, this bunch wont have their nose in the air. They, like Cloudland, have that small school spirit and work hard at their game every day.

They understand Cloudland and the rest will be coming from every angle to put em away!

Glad the 'Lander faithful joined this forum. :thumb:

Yea, Ive only seen a hostile comment or two, here and there that was supposed to be from a Lander fan.

Doesnt bother me what another coach says, but it did fire this bunch up a bit when they read it weeks ago!

I imagine it will be harsh at Sonny Smith gym and I look forward to it....I enjoy the student sections at most schools but can see just how easy things could get out of control.

A few rules need to be enforced at EVERY school...enough with the taunting and/or gesturs used by some student sections (toward opposing students and refs)....In alot of games this year, Ive noticed the student body way too close to the players on the floor (just trouble waiting to happen)....

Play the game, scream, shout and support your team but show class! This is not a shot at any one program, but something all programs must work on....IMO

Sorry pal, but I don't think it will get any better. In fact, I personally kinda like it. It brings a battlefield, no holds-barred, WWF attitude era (1996-2001) to the gym. I guess I'm sort of a negative entertainment junkie. :oops::geek:

Sorry pal, but I don't think it will get any better. In fact, I personally kinda like it. It brings a battlefield, no holds-barred, WWF attitude era (1996-2001) to the gym. I guess I'm sort of a negative entertainment junkie. :oops::geek:

I dont mind the 'red-neck' atmosphere at all...kinda blend right in!

But I have seen these get outta hand quick and it seems that little kids, and women always get in the middle...then, when that happens, ole dad looses his cool and all heck breaks loose! No place for it in high school sports my man! Thats why I keep my lil ones and the skillet slinger with me, in the nose bleeds!

I can just see the article and my pic in the paper now if I sat any closer! :roflolk:

I dont mind the 'red-neck' atmosphere at all...kinda blend right in!

But I have seen these get outta hand quick and it seems that little kids, and women always get in the middle...then, when that happens, ole dad looses his cool and all heck breaks loose! No place for it in high school sports my man! Thats why I keep my lil ones and the skillet slinger with me, in the nose bleeds!

I can just see the article and my pic in the paper now if I sat any closer! :roflolk:

I agree 1000 percent, the student section from Cloudland put on a very unclassey and put on a down right embarressing performance the other night. The powers that be need to put a stop to this junk.When you resort to chanting ,you give head and start shooting evereyone the bird,its went too far. I even saw elementry kids in the mix. I love a good fanbase and schools supporting their teams ,but this takes it to another level. The hard working kids on the floor are the one's deserving of the attention,not a bunch of kids in the stands.

I agree 1000 percent, the student section from Cloudland put on a very unclassey and put on a down right embarressing performance the other night. The powers that be need to put a stop to this junk.When you resort to chanting ,you give head and start shooting evereyone the bird,its went too far. I even saw elementry kids in the mix. I love a good fanbase and schools supporting their teams ,but this takes it to another level. The hard working kids on the floor are the one's deserving of the attention,not a bunch of kids in the stands.

It happens at Unicoi, Happy Valley, Elizabethton and most of the rest...including HAMPTON!

Shooting the bird was in no doubt prompted by something said or done on Hampton's side.

I asked my boy if any 'crap' was directed his way by Cloudland's fans while he was on the floor. His answer was, "No, the war was on the floor".

See, this is fans against fans issue (young fans) and many just dont know any better.

Im not against these kids, I love these H-Town kids with all my heart.

I just feel they should not be on the floor and if cursing is used in chants against the refs, players or other fans....IT SHOULD BE STOPPED!

If they want to fight, learn from the old school way....meet in a field and wear it out. But dont try to start something amongst 1000 people with so many kids, women, and elderly amonst them!

It happens at Unicoi, Happy Valley, Elizabethton and most of the rest...including HAMPTON!

Shooting the bird was in no doubt prompted by something said or done on Hampton's side.

I asked my boy if any 'crap' was directed his way by Cloudland's fans while he was on the floor. His answer was, "No, the war was on the floor".

See, this is fans against fans issue (young fans) and many just dont know any better.

Im not against these kids, I love these H-Town kids with all my heart.

I just feel they should not be on the floor and if cursing is used in chants against the refs, players or other fans....IT SHOULD BE STOPPED!

If they want to fight, learn from the old school way....meet in a field and wear it out. But dont try to start something amongst 1000 people with so many kids, women, and elderly amonst them!

I think the birds were flying in response to the chant..."just like football". I think Unicoi could be the worst and I think if the visitors have to warm up on the end with their student section, the students should have to stay in their seats and not up standing within 2 or 3 feet of the players. That is trouble waiting to happen.

I think the birds were flying in response to the chant..."just like football". I think Unicoi could be the worst and I think if the visitors have to warm up on the end with their student section, the students should have to stay in their seats and not up standing within 2 or 3 feet of the players. That is trouble waiting to happen.

Unicoi has to be the worst!!!

At the UH game, it was announced that all students on 1st row had to be seated.

What happened to that rule in less than a week??!!!!

"Trouble waiting to happen"...that's all Im saying. A player stumbles 6 inches out of bounds into the opposing student section, and any lil thing happens...its then ON!

Holler, scream, pull for your team. But the players on the floor shouldn't have to be any part of what's happening in the stands