Hampton 2010/2011

uknoit2

Hampton has already beat Harriman at home by 25, so one would be a fool to pick against them. I'll take the Bulldogs by 10 to 15.

If Cloudland were playing Jellico on a neutral floor, I would take Cloudland every time. But I am one of the few people on this topic who have actually been to a game at Jellico. I was there for a region quarter final in 2008. It was a hostile environment. Creekerballer can back me up on this one. The crowd was was very rowdy. Classy, but they were very much a 6th man. And I would say the Jellico side was only 2/3 full. Its a very tough place to play; they've only lost like 7 games there in the past 3 years... This region championship might be the biggest thing to happen in that town since they discovered coal there, so I bet they'll have lawn chairs strapped to the rafters. Everyone will be there and I bet the crowd will super fierce. Add that to the loss of Hyden, and I'm going to have to pick the Blue Devils. I want Cloudland to win, and I hope they do, but I see Jellico winning this one.

Cloudland was running that 1-2-1-1 zone that Carp calls Diamond. If you will watch Jones and Trussler, they stood wide open more than a few times cuz they were pulling the guys guarding them off on Hughes. 2 guys would meet Hughes as soon as he came across halfcourt and forced him to pass the ball. They tried to do the same thing some to McClain but he lit em up. It was just a sorta junk defense designed to shut Hughes down and it did it's job really well.

If McClain didn't step up like he did, the Dawgs wouldn't have won. Besides his points, he made some great assists on about 10 points for other players.

I agree on Jones and Hill playing good games. They really stepped up too.

They shut Hughes down although he had a few good looks...but they should have focused a lil more on Ward! HE eat em alive!

McClain stepped in and done well, he gives us that 4th guard we need against teams like Cloudland...and we've been blessed and had others step in all year and be a threat (Lyons, Scalf, Trusler) (I sure hate Scalf is no longer with us)....but as long as our Seniors are on the floor, I feel comfortable... and believe we would've come out of there with the win (and thats never going to be easy against Cloudland)

As three year starters Hill and Jones have played their role. Jones handles the ball, calls the play, reads the D 90% of the time with low turnover average (glad to see someone notice assists on here)...And Hill has been a beast this year for the most part while getting the tar beat out of him down low every game....Id say they played their usual game last night (with the exception of a low percentage in shooting).....

A great thing about this team is, when it comes to scoring, they're not one dimensional....I enjoy talking to Blake Ward (a great basketball mind) about this team, he sees it as it is...LOADED in all 5 positions and tough when playing team ball :thumb:

Edited by uknoit2

Hampton has already beat Harriman at home by 25, so one would be a fool to pick against them. I'll take the Bulldogs by 10 to 15.

If Cloudland were playing Jellico on a neutral floor, I would take Cloudland every time. But I am one of the few people on this topic who have actually been to a game at Jellico. I was there for a region quarter final in 2008. It was a hostile environment. Creekerballer can back me up on this one. The crowd was was very rowdy. Classy, but they were very much a 6th man. And I would say the Jellico side was only 2/3 full. Its a very tough place to play; they've only lost like 7 games there in the past 3 years... This region championship might be the biggest thing to happen in that town since they discovered coal there, so I bet they'll have lawn chairs strapped to the rafters. Everyone will be there and I bet the crowd will super fierce. Add that to the loss of Hyden, and I'm going to have to pick the Blue Devils. I want Cloudland to win, and I hope they do, but I see Jellico winning this one.

Im hearing Hyden was diagnosed with a mild concussion and dehydration with no limits from Dr.....A 'Lander fan may be able to confirm.

If so, they'll see Hyden Monday night (I HOPE HE'S ABLE :thumb: )

Im hearing Hyden was diagnosed with a mild concussion and dehydration with no limits from Dr.....A 'Lander fan may be able to confirm.

If so, they'll see Hyden Monday night (I HOPE HE'S ABLE :thumb: )

Hope thats true and if so ,their chances just went up. Its not that Cloudland don't have some talented guys on the bench ,it just takes you're point guard off the floor and makes you go deeper on the bench.

agreed but it was in 2009. Jellico crowd is wild and there early it was getting full when we were there for shoot around. They play a much better game at home and id have to say they have a small advantage if i was prediciting the out come. I'll have to take Hampton over Harriman, not a cake walk to state but for sure a team that Hampton can handle.

Edited by creekerballer

Hampton may gave beat Harriman earlier in the year before the regular season even started but what does that matter Harriman didn't have all their players and defiantly wasn't in game time shape yet and as soon as Harriman got out of the car they started warmin up so if you think that game meant anything your wrong! Harriman matches up good with Hampton and Harriman knows what it takes to get to state they have been there and it's this same group of kids and they know Hampton is in their way to make it to state back to back years and I think Hampton will think they will win easy and Harriman will come And get a win and be headed back to state for a second straight year! Harriman can play some good basketball and this bunch really has heart and they believe and they know what's in their way to reach their goal

Hampton may gave beat Harriman earlier in the year before the regular season even started but what does that matter Harriman didn't have all their players and defiantly wasn't in game time shape yet and as soon as Harriman got out of the car they started warmin up so if you think that game meant anything your wrong! Harriman matches up good with Hampton and Harriman knows what it takes to get to state they have been there and it's this same group of kids and they know Hampton is in their way to make it to state back to back years and I think Hampton will think they will win easy and Harriman will come And get a win and be headed back to state for a second straight year! Harriman can play some good basketball and this bunch really has heart and they believe and they know what's in their way to reach their goal

Check again....I think each team had about half-a-dozen season games under their belt or more.

That means four of our football players had been on the floor a few short weeks.

I wouldn't expect Harriman to be a weak push over...and we'll NOT prepare for such.

Harriman is fixing to get a lesson in sex. Hope you are older than the last guy.He acted like he didn't know what Iwas talking about.

In all honesty, I expect a hard fought game, I like having the homecourt. Could be the difference.

First off I'd like to say thank god for Hayden's recovery. And what a game it was until the 4th by both Hampton and Cloudland until about 3:50 in the 3rd when the Bulldogs turned into the "Grinch" and their heart seemed to grow 10x's just really turned it on and played smart focused team ball in a flash it was really fun to watch as a Hampton fan. D. Hill played super good post play, tough and smart. pretty much the toughest 8 points with being triple teamed like he was in the post. I am speech-less with how much the freshman McClain has improved in just a season, WOW what a ball player... his shot "when he actually looks for it" is a thing of beauty and IMO he could just be the key to get where the Bulldogs want to go. Hughes was rode hard all night long and still played like a Mr. B-Ball Nominee SMART. Jones was amazing, Lyons and Trusler hustled and played with "HEART" like always and Ward was "THE MAN" last night and has been due a breakout game but can play that well every game. It is just hard to prepare for Hampton, who ever you key on will always leave another to have a breakout game. Like I have said three yrs. ago when these seniors where starters as sophomores and like I continue to say now "This Hampton Team has something special about them sorta like a persona or a feeling, when these Hampton Bulldogs play team ball it is unreal and the sky is the limit they are just plain unstoppable". I sure hope they continue this I would love to see Hampton bring home a "Gold Ball".

With that said,... Harriman CAN NOT BE OVER LOOKED.

HAMPTON... 1 GAME AT A TIME. THERE ARE NO EASY TEAMS FROM NOW ON, NO MATTER WHAT THE PREVIOUS SCORE WAS!

I LOVED the Hampton Bulldog fan section last night I just wish we all could get LOUDER and support this team.

Let's pack Van-Huss-White gym like no tomorrow on Monday night and show these Bulldogs and their opponents the REAL BULLDOG SPIRIT. GO DOGS AND GOD BLESS!! - JPII

Edited by JPII

First off I'd like to say thank god for Hayden's recovery. And what a game it was until the 4th by both Hampton and Cloudland until about 3:50 in the 3rd when the Bulldogs turned into the "Grinch" and their heart seemed to grow 10x's just really turned it on and played smart focused team ball in a flash it was really fun to watch as a Hampton fan. D. Hill played super good post play, tough and smart. pretty much the toughest 8 points with being triple teamed like he was in the post. I am speech-less with how much the freshman McClain has improved in just a season, WOW what a ball player... his shot "when he actually looks for it" is a thing of beauty and IMO he could just be the key to get where the Bulldogs want to go. Hughes was rode hard all night long and still played like a Mr. B-Ball Nominee SMART. Jones was amazing, Lyons and Trusler hustled and played with "HEART" like always and Ward was "THE MAN" last night and has been due a breakout game but can play that well every game. It is just hard to prepare for Hampton, who ever you key on will always leave another to have a breakout game. Like I have said there yrs. ago when these seniors where starters as sophomores and like I continue to say now "This Hampton Team has something special about them sorta like a persona or a feeling, when these Hampton Bulldogs play team ball and It is unreal and the sky is the limit they are just plain unstoppable". I sure hope they continue this I would love to see Hampton bring home a Gold Ball.

With that said, Harriman CAN NOT BE OVER LOOKED.

HAMPTON... 1 GAME AT A TIME. THERE ARE NO EASY TEAMS FROM NOW ON, NO MATTER WHAT THE PREVIOUS SCORE WAS!

I LOVED the Hampton Bulldog fan section last night I just wish we all could get LOUDER and support this team.

Let's pack Van-Huss-White gym like no tomorrow on Monday night and show these Bulldogs and their opponents the REAL BULLDOG SPIRIT. GO DOGS AND GOD BLESS!! - JPII

great post :thumb:

Thought I'd do a little checking around and found something that should make the Bulldog faithful proud. The Hunter Huss team that Hampton Played is undefeated in NC. Hampton played them pretty tough for most of the game and lost 80 TO 66, Not bad considering they have an enrollment of nearly 2000 students. Wouldn't be surprised to see them win the state.

You guys play to you're potential and you might just bring home the gold yourselves.

Pujo, hows it going? I'm just glad all the Cosby posters (except oleeagle) went away. I was feeling kinda silly talkin trash to fans whose team got sent home. :mrgreen: Anyway, I'm glad Hyden is ok and I hope the Landers and Dogs make it to state. I know Harriman ain't gotta chance. I'm sorry fellas but you can't win at the Dog pound.