Hampton 2010/2011

uknoit2

Heard on the news a few minutes ago that he was on his feet and getting around fine, they were going to keep him over night for observation. Get well soon and you other landers are going to have to step it up a notch on Monday so he will get at least one more game.

Very good news about Hyden from Cloudland...thank GOD he is going to be ok. Very good game from both teams. Cloudland shot very well from 3 point land early and Hampton, despite some early turnovers, looked better and more in sinc tonight. Much better play from the post positions tonight also. Looked more like a team. Hope to get to see the substate game Monday night. Good luck to both teams and hope they both get to the big dance.

Glad to hear Hyden is ok, hope he recovers fast and possibly gets another chance to play but his health should def. come first.

Now some observations from someone outside of both hampton and cloudland

1. Cloudland controlled tempo early and set a good tone. They bothered Hughes, contained Ward and didnt let Jones or Hill get much.

2. Potter should of kept taking Hughes inside when Hughes was guarding him, Potter could score on him with his back to the basket everytime.

3. I thought the post play was weak from both teams in the first half, but Hill stepped up alot in the 2nd half, he went and got boards and scored inside and also kept his cool, because he was getting triple teamed several times off the rebound.

4. Ward needs to watch himself, i saw 2 times he could of got a T for taunting and if it were the state tournament he probably would have, he also got away with a ton of fouls when hampton was in bounding, not to say cloudland wasnt either they certianly were.

5.Cloudland completly went away from there offense in the 4th they didnt attack Hamptons zone and were taking 24 foot 3's

6.#3 i believe for Hampton, he stepped up huge off the bench, he was impressive, he turned it over a couple times but Cloudlands D was swarming and he just shrugged it off and went to the next play, impressive for a young kid.

Hampton and Cloudland should both have good shots at making state, good luck to both and represent CC well!

Edited by creekerballer

It took guts to do what Carpenter did on Hughes tonight by pretty much just flat out double teaming him and leaving another Dawg wide open but Ward and McClain were just too strong. Ward was lights out and absolutely deserved the MVP. I'm very proud of the Dawgs for going 3-1 against the Landers with 2 of the wins coming by 15+.

Having said that, I think Hampton will roll to state by 15-20 and Cloudland will still advance to the Boro even if Hyden can't play. McClellan is a stud and will fill in enough for the Landers to advance.

Edited by Lord Vader

It took guts to do what Carpenter did on Hughes tonight by pretty much just flat out double teaming him and leaving another Dawg wide open but Ward and McClain were just too strong. Ward was lights out and absolutely deserved the MVP. I'm very proud of the Dawgs for going 3-1 against the Landers with 2 of the wins coming by 15+.

Having said that, I think Hampton will roll to state by 15-20 and Cloudland will still advance to the Boro even if Hyden can't play. McClellan is a stud and will fill in enough for the Landers to advance.

Hill played very strong tonight also....Jones controlled the floor and tempo all night with one turnover....

Ward deserved MVP and McClain stepped up and knocked down two big shots...

Ill give the WHOLE team credit for last night...

I watched the film when I got home...If Cloudland wasn't playing Man-D, then they were in a check-off zone.....didn't see any Dogs standing wide open all night....but ill watch again

Some people were real critical of the coaches when they lost to Cloudland, just wondering if they had different coaches last night. It could be that they deserve a little credit every now and again.

I think Cloudland had desided they were not going to let Hughes beat um,its a tribute to the other guys for stepping up ,also a good job by Hughes for not getting out of control and trying to do things the hard way. Congrats to Ward for the MVP ,Cloudland determined that. A good balanced attack is hard to beat.

15-20 I doubt that! I'm glad the Kid from cloudland is okay that's good to hear! On the other hand if you think Harriman won't come to play your wrong! They will be ready to play they went to state last year and they defiantly want to go back it will be a good game

Didnt we play them at Hampton around Christmas?

I understand they have improved as have we....if they havent, it will be more than 20 as was the case in our last meeting.

We wont be taking them lightly at all!

Be safe on your trip up :thumb:

Edited by uknoit2

Last night was my first Hampton/Cloudland game in a few years. Here's my observations:

1. Officiating was really bad. Both ways. Hampton got by with the same stuff Cloudland got by with. Only difference is Cloudland is ALWAYS up in you jock and just do more of it. Real aggresive team.

2. Don't know many teams in the state that can handle that pressure Cloudland puts on you. Hampton adjusted and did a good job beating it after the first quarter. You really need 4 ballhandlers on the floor to beat it.

3. Cloudland was intent on shutting Hughes down. The rest of the Dawgs really stepped up.

4. That McClain kid is going to be hard to handle for the next 3 years. The one behind the back dribble and pass thing he done was sick!

5. Saw the old "Dog" White a couple times. He will be missed. Both schools look like they are in good hand for the future. The Cloudland coach was really into it.

6. Could you imagine this team if the two schools were combined!!! Hill, Bullwinkle, Hughes, Potter and Ward starting. Your bench would be 5-6 deep!!! The Carter East Highdogs would dominate year afeter year.

Glad to hear Hyden is ok, hope he recovers fast and possibly gets another chance to play but his health should def. come first.

Now some observations from someone outside of both hampton and cloudland

1. Cloudland controlled tempo early and set a good tone. They bothered Hughes, contained Ward and didnt let Jones or Hill get much.

2. Potter should of kept taking Hughes inside when Hughes was guarding him, Potter could score on him with his back to the basket everytime.

3. I thought the post play was weak from both teams in the first half, but Hill stepped up alot in the 2nd half, he went and got boards and scored inside and also kept his cool, because he was getting triple teamed several times off the rebound.

4. Ward needs to watch himself, i saw 2 times he could of got a T for taunting and if it were the state tournament he probably would have, he also got away with a ton of fouls when hampton was in bounding, not to say cloudland wasnt either they certianly were.

5.Cloudland completly went away from there offense in the 4th they didnt attack Hamptons zone and were taking 24 foot 3's

6.#3 i believe for Hampton, he stepped up huge off the bench, he was impressive, he turned it over a couple times but Cloudlands D was swarming and he just shrugged it off and went to the next play, impressive for a young kid.

Hampton and Cloudland should both have good shots at making state, good luck to both and represent CC well!

Hill played very strong tonight also....Jones controlled the floor and tempo all night with one turnover....

Ward deserved MVP and McClain stepped up and knocked down two big shots...

Ill give the WHOLE team credit for last night...

I watched the film when I got home...If Cloudland wasn't playing Man-D, then they were in a check-off zone.....didn't see any Dogs standing wide open all night....but ill watch again

Cloudland was running that 1-2-1-1 zone that Carp calls Diamond. If you will watch Jones and Trussler, they stood wide open more than a few times cuz they were pulling the guys guarding them off on Hughes. 2 guys would meet Hughes as soon as he came across halfcourt and forced him to pass the ball. They tried to do the same thing some to McClain but he lit em up. It was just a sorta junk defense designed to shut Hughes down and it did it's job really well.

If McClain didn't step up like he did, the Dawgs wouldn't have won. Besides his points, he made some great assists on about 10 points for other players.

I agree on Jones and Hill playing good games. They really stepped up too.

Edited by Lord Vader