CAK @ Alcoa

Govolsknox

IMO since Alcoa is good at every aspect and they run like no one else if it were me I would do my best to make them beat me thru the air which I know they pass well but there's always a chance for drops etc I say load up the d front line which we have the size to do it and when they make the hit hold on and hope for help. On offense I don't know the status of the kids but cak has got to score every time they get the ball. Should be a good game ill say 42 35 one way or the other lol lol

The CAK defense has been subject to teams that have good offensive lines and can run the football. Loudon and Polk have good offensive line but Alcoa has a great offensive line. Most posting on here were at the first game. CAK defensive front seven were taken to the woodshed by Alcoa's powergame. By the second half, there was little or no run support from the secondary. Lots of CAK defensive players picking themselves up after being pancaked. No way those defensive lineman can forget the manhadling they took in week 10. Unless CAK can find a way to stop Alcoa from running the ball, they can pack the helmets and shoulder pads up.

Alcoa scores 50 again but does not turn the ball over. CAK might have to use the back-up QB and scores 24.

Alcoa has a VERY good offensive line. But to say that all of the CAK defensive linemen were "manhandled" is mis-leading and not really the truth.

Couple of points regarding physical play:

1)Alcoa is MORE physical than Polk, period. But mainly because overall from top to bottom Alcoa has a larger number of bigger & faster athletes, speed + mass + aggressiveness = physical play. Additionally, Alcoa can beat you up on both sides of the football. Their offense, with those big bruising running backs and offensive line is actually more punishing than the defense in my opinion, although the defense is physical as well. Polk is a very good tackling team, gang tackles, and runs through the ball carrier when making a hit. That too equals physical play. Their offense is not nearly as punishing as Alcoas, although they do have a good size QB & FB. Offensive line is good but not as good as the Tornadoes. So, yes, Polk plays physical, just not as physical as Alcoa. Just my humble opinion.

2)CAK is tough, yes physically as well. Not as physical as Alcoa or Polk, but plenty tough enough. I saw Alcoa guys dragging themselves up off the ground 3 weeks ago just like I saw Polk guys doing last week. I believe most honest observers would acknowledge that CAK is no "cupcake" team that just throws the ball all over the field. Sure the offense is our signature, but I've seen our receivers truck over many DB's and our O line drive guys into the ground. We will get beat up against the Tornadoes this week physcially, no doubt, but I know the CAK guys will give it all they have and thats all we can ask of them.

For the record I don't know how the adds go here but juniordad no disrespect intended but the second post talking about how the defense getting manhandled I did not post that. I think we have a very strong defense I think the players that play d are very good I also think they will do well on Friday. If I am misreading the posts I am sorry

My wife & I are making this our "game of the week" and driving down from Kingsport. I've seen Alcoa play several times through the years, but never at Alcoa, although I was there for a band festival once around 2001 when my daughter was in the band. What time should we arrive to get a seat? Also, are there any good "local" places to eat besides the usual chains? If not, we may just go on into Murville and get a burger at Brackins or eat at Sullivan's. Looking forward to the trip. I've read & heard a lot about Epperly and the CAK offense, and saw Alcoa against Middlesboro early this season. Good luck to both teams!

Just trolling over from the Camden-Milan thread and read some of the posts. To say that CAK isn't physical is a little far fetched. They would't be this far along in the playoffs without a "physical" team. They may not be trying to kill every player on then other team but they do well. Alcoa is a juggernaut. Big and fast in all areas. Must be the water from TVA I guess. That pollution is not as watered down there like it is in Camden. I just don't see an answer for CAK in stopping Alcoa. Maybe make long mythodical drives against them and leave that offense on the sidelines. Hard to do when you pass the ball so much. Polk fans, give it up, you lost no matter how physical you were. You didn't have the stuff to cut the mustard against CAK. Now you guys gotta get back to work and get better I guess. You can be physical and kick a door open, but if you got the key, why not use it? Good luck to both teams.

JD,

I see your standards are not very high.

Ain't but one place to go worth mentioning...

But you got to be here between 11-2.

Where might that be? We won't be there at that time, but might go some other time. BTW, there's a lot to be said for a greasy bar burger, ice cold bottle of Pacifico, and some blues off the juke box @ Brackins. 8-) What time would you recommend getting there for a seat?