CAK @ Alcoa

Govolsknox

It is always a possibility for CAK to win. That is why we play the games. I know for a fact that no one directly involved is resting on past achievements. And as someone who has had the best seat in the house (which isn't a seat), let me tell you that CAK is a very physical team and the don't give up after they have been hit a few times. It will be another good game and I will be pulling hard for my Tornadoes.

It is always a possibility for CAK to win. That is why we play the games. I know for a fact that no one directly involved is resting on past achievements. And as someone who has had the best seat in the house (which isn't a seat), let me tell you that CAK is a very physical team and the don't give up after they have been hit a few times. It will be another good game and I will be pulling hard for my Tornadoes.

I heard #1 warren has a seperated shoulder, Is this true?

With the first game being so competitive, is there a realistic possibility, even remote, that CAK could win? Thsi is a serious post. I really wonder the opinion. I haven't seen either play.

Not so much a realistic possibility, but I will go with "remote" chance. This is probably CAK's best overall team, but unfortunately for the Warriors you can probably say that about Alcoa as well. For the "remote" chance to happen Alcoa MUST help CAK out with subpar play, penalties, and at least a couple of turnovers. CAK is able to move the ball because of our passing game, other than the QB scrambles and the occassional draw, the run game is non-existant. Alcoa has good athletes, some superb pass rushers, and good coaching, so even our passing game has to really be dialed in to move the football, which we did in the last game. But CAK's defense never stopped the Tornadoes, they scored everytime they had the ball. It wasn't like they gashed us every play, but they would drive the ball and score. Plus, they hurt us on special teams as well. D.Warren beasted up on our boys last time. If he plays that way again it doesn't seem even "remotely" possible we would win. But I've been around alot of football and have seen things that no one expected. Like they say, its a funny shaped ball and it bounces strange ways at times. CAK has the best chance of anyone beating them, but as you suggested, its "remote".

I've watched the last 5 games between these 2 schools in person. Alcoa has been the better team each time. But I've witnessed a "narrowing" of the gap between them, and I've never left feeling like CAK didn't give it all they had, even if it wasn't enough. All I really expect out of our guys is to be true to their name..."Warriors"... I'm confident they will do that Friday night.

Edited by FootballDad

I heard #1 warren has a seperated shoulder, Is this true?

I don't know if it's true or not but I don't think that would stop him from playing. On the big run that APB posted of Warren busting thru CAK's defense, you don't see the play before. Warren was super slow getting up off the ground, he lumbered back to the huddle with what seemed to be a slight limp. I thought to myself, he is getting exhausted (4 sacks, 4 TD's, etc.). Running out of gas? Boy was I wrong. Talk about a raging bull!! He is all Man! D1 Ready! Reminded me of Earl Campbell.

I think if you cut his arm off he would still play!

I heard Hambrick was a little banged up last week, only played one play, Touchdown of course!

I have to admit this is one of the strongest teams top to bottom I've ever seen play high school ball!

Edited by oldhick76

Call me crazy, but this is my UPSET ALERT of the week. CAK played Alcoa at their place pretty well earlier this season. The kickoff TD took some of the wind out of a CAK offense that was gashing Alcoa's defense. I'm not saying that I expect CAK to win, or that I think they will win, but so far my upset picks have been accurate enough. I just think this will be closer than alot of people think.

Is this legit or just another photoshop? I know 7 has been retired for the past couple years but there was talks of bringing it back next year.

It is legit...MannCobb will be back in the 37701 tomorrrow.

He will join the following on the list of Alcoa retired numbers.

22-George Parker

32-Albert Davis, Sr.

53-Tommy Yates

70-Todd Upton