Bartlett wins @ Dyer county

BARTLETTHSGRAD04

Bartlett traveled to Dyer county tonight to play Dyer co . It was a fast paced game between two good teams . Bartlett won 81-80 , Bartlett got fouled on a rebound put back with no time left and all they had to do was make one free throw and won on the first attempt. I was at the game and to me they should have atleast put .9 or 1 second left because the whistle blew before the horn happend. This was the worst officals i have ever seen in a high school basketball game between 2 great teams. Dyer co fans - I really enjoyed going to your gym the atmosphere and the noise and fans were amazing. Good luck Dyer co the rest of the way.

Did john hudson play for dyer co.? Last I heard he was hurt. If dc played bartlett at full strength and lost, id be worried. If dc was without a player or two, this loss doesn't hurt as bad.

Hudson has been battling a sore ankle I believe??? But either way it's a good win for Bartlett. I mean it's not like Dyer County only has one kid that can play. Everyone they run on the floor would start for most high school teams. Hudson or no Hudson, there's no reason to be worried though. I mean honestly guys, it's the first game of the season, you don't always play your best every night, especially early in the year. If you're already getting worried, you may have an ulcer by Xmas. Ha

Hudson did not play. Could be out for several weeks. Based on what I saw DC should be concerned with poor defense, foul shooting, to many players cramping up and lack of size. Agree the refs were awful. The ref that is a middle school head coach at UC should not be allowed to do DC games. His team is in the conference with the feeder schools to DC and there is some history. Bartlett is a above average team, but they are small. DC cannot compete with other Memphis teams with more size unless they step it up. DC's defense was poor allowing to many layups and no one willing to take charges. Not the effort you expect from a DC team.

Hudson did not play. Could be out for several weeks. Based on what I saw DC should be concerned with poor defense, foul shooting, to many players cramping up and lack of size. Agree the refs were awful. The ref that is a middle school head coach at UC should not be allowed to do DC games. His team is in the conference with the feeder schools to DC and there is some history. Bartlett is a above average team, but they are small. DC cannot compete with other Memphis teams with more size unless they step it up. DC's defense was poor allowing to many layups and no one willing to take charges. Not the effort you expect from a DC team.

I don't think there is much history between uc and the feeder schools to Dyer Co.so I don't understand why he shouldn't be able to referee the game. If there is some history,it want be good for the feeder schools to play his team this year.its early in the year and no john Hudson. Dc will be a sub state team,but I don't see them beating so.wind, central,or Melrose in the substate game.

I don't think there is much history between uc and the feeder schools to Dyer Co.so I don't understand why he shouldn't be able to referee the game. If there is some history,it want be good for the feeder schools to play his team this year.its early in the year and no john Hudson. Dc will be a sub state team,but I don't see them beating so.wind, central,or Melrose in the substate game.

No need to panic people. Hudson is a MAJOR part of the DC team and he didn't play. Must I remind everyone the season just started. Give Bartlett credit for a big win.

Dyer County has a chance to go to the state if they get a substate game at home. The accomplishment is getting there because I don't see anybody getting past Melrose in post season.

I may have to disagree with you on that one yank. Melrose is a great team but not nearly as good as last season. I think Melrose could have a let down late in the season. I think Central and Southwind will be very good!

That's a great point. It wouldn't surprise me to see either one of those two knock off Melrose but at this point I got to stick with Melrose. I also think White Station is going to better than some think. You make a good point because I can see Melrose, Southwind and Central all getting some serious national recognition this season.

Not saying East is going to make a big move this season but that's one team I'm keeping my eye on. I think they could pull a couple big upsets this season. Maybe Maybe not they are young. I just think this a team that may be on the rise but not this season. Then again I could totally wrong.

yankee i agree with you about EAST they are young but they are very talented Alex Anderson is probly the best true point in the city and i beleve they can beat whitestation i know hall of fame games dont count but whitestation almost lost to cordova the other night and they did not look good but it was only the fisrt game so maybe once leron gets use to the virsty level they will we be a tough out