Greeneville @ Maplewood Semifinals

DevilMan03

Game?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Game?

• Devils
    • Panthers

After seeing maplewood on some film, they don't seem that impressive to me, but neither did whites creek last year, so thats means nothing. #26 is a great runner, likes redirect across field. There punt return and kick return has got to be one of the best ive seen. They scored or got great field position 50% of the time, thats very dangerous. Defense looks pretty good, lots of athletes. And last but not least, #54 is HUGE. Boski give me some stats, hes got to be around 400 lbs. And the kid is a good player, he can move for a big boy and when he gets his hands on u its over. So if the devils stop #26 and there sp. teams i believe they come out on top by a few tds.

After seeing maplewood on some film, they don't seem that impressive to me, but neither did whites creek last year, so thats means nothing. #26 is a great runner, likes redirect across field. There punt return and kick return has got to be one of the best ive seen. They scored or got great field position 50% of the time, thats very dangerous. Defense looks pretty good, lots of athletes. And last but not least, #54 is HUGE. Boski give me some stats, hes got to be around 400 lbs. And the kid is a good player, he can move for a big boy and when he gets his hands on u its over. So if the devils stop #26 and there sp. teams i believe they come out on top by a few tds.

I'm not all knowing about stats, but Ogle was an all state kicker last year as a sophomore and not just because of extra points or 47 yard field goals. I would guess that his kicks go into the opponents end zone about 85% of the time, so that shouldn't be an issue. They start at the 20. So he is a big factor in this game in my opinion. The punt return is probably the most dangerous threat for greeneville! By the way the kid keeps getting bigger. I heard 450 about and hour ago. lol He is tough!

12-1 main stat i keep track off ...your film break down pretty much summed it up ...that's what we have. stop 54 and 26.. because they are good... and sp teams ...and you could win ...but what if you can't stop them??

12-1 main stat i keep track off ...your film break down pretty much summed it up ...that's what we have. stop 54 and 26.. because they are good... and sp teams ...and you could win ...but what if you can't stop them??

You know the answer but us greeneville fans are gonna say the game is much closer if we can't stop them cause we know we're gonna score! jk it will be tight (I think)

You know the answer but us greeneville fans are gonna say the game is much closer if we can't stop them cause we know we're gonna score! jk it will be tight (I think)

a tight game gives panthers the edge ..seems.... as if you guys haven't played many full games this season ...and if forced to play a whole game.. kinda makes me think fatigue will start to set in ...these panthers been tested in this area and they have thrived .... panthers just need to stay focused ..and limit the penalties...and avoid the turnovers on offense ....defense needs to slowdown the run enough to make them to pass... and keep the pressure on #3 ..basicly put the big hit on him when ever possible ..and run him down field to death when he is on defense id also ....keep eye.. on your #21 ..small but fast watch #17 also ...your rb #11 ..a big target ..not to be overlooked.. hit him too.. this will be a good match up.. for the defense... our offense will find the soft spots and bust them up... the plays will be there...they just need make the plays ..i like our chances ...this has to be all out!!! I've seen a few teams run at will on your defense they just couldnt punch it in... they were missing something ...and i think we have what they were missing..

Edited by boski

WoodLawn, Greeneville play nobody; just like Dobyns-Bennett. They wouldn't survive in a decent Knoxville district.

The only district that is tough in Knoxville is district 4AAA and Knoxville doesn't even have the best team in it. To say that Greeneville wouldn't survive in a decent Knoxville district makes you look Asinine. Since Greeneville doesn't play anyone lets look at common opponents: West 19 Sullivan South 14, Greenville 35, Sullivan South 20 (Was 35 to 7 in the 4th when Greeneville pulled their starters), West 36 Fulton 20, Greeneville 35 Fulton 0, West 31 Tn High 7, Greeneville 56 Tn High 7. Does that mean West hasn't played anyone since Greeneville has more convincing wins over common opponents?

I hope boski is right and Maplewood shuts you Greeneville people up once and for all!

Signal Mountain is bypassing 3A and going to 4A for a reason and it's not because they "fear" Greeneville obviously :roflol:

i hope im right too!!! 2007 the last time i had to eat crow for something that really meant something and i don't want another taste anytime soon ..this could be some bad crow . ...serious this is a big game win or lose im still proud ....just ready for a good game!!! ....any given friday!!! its Go Panthers!!!!! try and remember ...anything can happen ...just be ready when it happens.

Edited by boski