Greeneville @ Maplewood Semifinals

DevilMan03

Game?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Game?

• Devils
    • Panthers

Panthers all the way!!!!!!

Maplewood doesn't know whats about to hitem...This will be the best team MW has prolly seen all year. Maplewood won't be able to stop the run game and the Devils D is DOMINANT!

It's Greenevilles to lose

BTW It's gonna be good to have you back REL! I know it was hard watchin tonight but...The Mel & Rel SHOW is comin to Maplewood!

Edited by DevilMan03

Maplewood doesn't know whats about to hitem...This will be the best team MW has prolly seen all year. Maplewood won't be able to stop the run game and the Devils D is DOMINANT!

It's Greenevilles to lose

BTW It's gonna be good to have you back REL! I know it was hard watchin tonight but...The Mel & Rel SHOW is comin to Maplewood!

Don't let them fool ya panther fans...........Greenville has not played a team even close to one as good as Maplewood "all year".......... :popcorneater:

I say Greeneville takes this one. They have Speed, Size, Strength and did I mention SPEED. Oh yea, I did. Team Speed matters and the Green Ones have Great Team Speed. The coaching staff knows how to put their "A players" in the right positions to make Great plays.

I am still not sure why they have to make a road trip to Maplewood being that they are the overall Number 1 seed, but that is the T$$AA for you.

Go Devils !!!

No doubt Greeneville is a quality team and one of the favorites to hoist the Gold Ball in Cookeville. That being said, I think this one will be closer than most people (esp. devils fans) think.

Devils offense can be neutralized with a stout D-line and speed off of the edge to contain Carmichael. Maplewood, much like Whites Creek 09, will have more team speed than GVille. If the panthers have this formula and can force Carmichael to throw short/intermediate routes (which is a weakness for him), it will mean trouble for the devil offense.

As for the Panther offense, I hope you are better organized and prepared than your cross town rivals (Whites Creek) were in last year semis. Whites Creek had great athletes all over the field, but continuously shot themselves in the foot with bad play calls, penalties, personnel mix-ups and delay of games (and that was while running a hurry-up, no huddle). A team cant make very many of these types of mistakes vs GVille and expect to win. GVille defense is stout, disciplined and they fly to the ball. However, they seem to give up most of their yards outside or off tackle, and with play action and in the short passing game.

Can anyone tell us about Maplewood's offensive and defensive schemes?

No doubt Greeneville is a quality team and one of the favorites to hoist the Gold Ball in Cookeville. That being said, I think this one will be closer than most people (esp. devils fans) think.

Devils offense can be neutralized with a stout D-line and speed off of the edge to contain Carmichael. Maplewood, much like Whites Creek 09, will have more team speed than GVille. If the panthers have this formula and can force Carmichael to throw short/intermediate routes (which is a weakness for him), it will mean trouble for the devil offense.

As for the Panther offense, I hope you are better organized and prepared than your cross town rivals (Whites Creek) were in last year semis. Whites Creek had great athletes all over the field, but continuously shot themselves in the foot with bad play calls, penalties, personnel mix-ups and delay of games (and that was while running a hurry-up, no huddle). A team cant make very many of these types of mistakes vs GVille and expect to win. GVille defense is stout, disciplined and they fly to the ball. However, they seem to give up most of their yards outside or off tackle, and with play action and in the short passing game.

They run the I Formation I believe which plays right down Greeneville's alley. The Devils Run D is Fabulous. The Triple Option was just hard to stop lastnight but the devils Continuosly stopped them in the redzone and on 4rth downs. Maplewood will have to play their best game yet and hope for some goodluck! GO GREENE DEVILS! FINISH!

contain Carmichael...ok and what do they do about Spradlin and Story....or Shuffler. I think thats what makes Greeneville dangerous...every time you try to stop one point on the trident they'll hit you with another. This Greeneville Defense is waaaayyyyy better than last year and they held Gibbs to a field goal without Terrell Rollins. We do love a challenge! Go Greene!!!!

contain Carmichael...ok and what do they do about Spradlin and Story....or Shuffler. I think thats what makes Greeneville dangerous...every time you try to stop one point on the trident they'll hit you with another. This Greeneville Defense is waaaayyyyy better than last year and they held Gibbs to a field goal without Terrell Rollins. We do love a challenge! Go Greene!!!!

Everybody knows Shuffler is your only 'real' receiving threat, and that is only on the deep ball. GVille is not the team to throw a screen and go 80 yards. Carmichael wants to sit in the pocket and lob a deep ball. He is not proficient in the short passing game...why do you think you guys rarely do it?

Like I said, you need a stout DL...that will slow down Spradlin or Story in the middle.

It is hard to talk with you GVille folks, as you are convinced that you have the best team to ever strap on the pads in TN. Hate to tell you, contrary what people living in the 'GVille bubble' think, your team does have weaknesses. You guys must have had some really terrible teams in the past...because you finally get a decent team and you dont know how to handle yourselves and go WAY OVERBOARD!

I say Greeneville takes this one. They have Speed, Size, Strength and did I mention SPEED. Oh yea, I did. Team Speed matters and the Green Ones have Great Team Speed. The coaching staff knows how to put their "A players" in the right positions to make Great plays.

I am still not sure why they have to make a road trip to Maplewood being that they are the overall Number 1 seed, but that is the T$$AA for you.

Go Devils !!!

Maplewood has team speed. In fact, most Metro Nashville teams have team speed. So seeing a team with speed will be nothing new to them. To beat the Panthers a team needs to execute well on offense and defense. Maplewood also plays sloppy at times, getting penalties and the like. So an even average team can have a good chance at beating them if their not on their game. The Panther's defense has been the best in years this season, though. So they've been able to win games (scoring on turnovers) even when the offense gets sloppy.