Greeneville @ Maplewood Semifinals

DevilMan03

Game?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Game?

• Devils
    • Panthers

Everybody knows Shuffler is your only 'real' receiving threat, and that is only on the deep ball. GVille is not the team to throw a screen and go 80 yards. Carmichael wants to sit in the pocket and lob a deep ball. He is not proficient in the short passing game...why do you think you guys rarely do it?

Like I said, you need a stout DL...that will slow down Spradlin or Story in the middle.

It is hard to talk with you GVille folks, as you are convinced that you have the best team to ever strap on the pads in TN. Hate to tell you, contrary what people living in the 'GVille bubble' think, your team does have weaknesses. You guys must have had some really terrible teams in the past...because you finally get a decent team and you dont know how to handle yourselves and go WAY OVERBOARD!

I've seen Greeneville throw many a successful bubble screen this year. Yes, mostly to Shuffler, but they do have a few deep threats. Sandoval, Wilson, and Hollowell have come up on some then end of some big plays too. Wilson had one against your Falcons I do believe.

If Greeneville slaps Maplewood early, I think the Panthers get sloppy like they are have said to done in the past. Greeneville plays mistake free football and wins this. Closer than their other victories but a victory nonetheless.

Edited by budkilmer

Everybody knows Shuffler is your only 'real' receiving threat, and that is only on the deep ball. GVille is not the team to throw a screen and go 80 yards. Carmichael wants to sit in the pocket and lob a deep ball. He is not proficient in the short passing game...why do you think you guys rarely do it?

Like I said, you need a stout DL...that will slow down Spradlin or Story in the middle.

It is hard to talk with you GVille folks, as you are convinced that you have the best team to ever strap on the pads in TN. Hate to tell you, contrary what people living in the 'GVille bubble' think, your team does have weaknesses. You guys must have had some really terrible teams in the past...because you finally get a decent team and you dont know how to handle yourselves and go WAY OVERBOARD!

I'm not a basher, but I am a greeneville fan. You guys always post about Greeneville's weakness in the passing if you stop the run. No one really knows how good the passing is because no one has really made them throw it that much. My predictions have been much lower than everyone else. I think I said 45-7 week 1, 42-21 week two, and last week I said 38-10 or whatever but doesn't matter. Fulton forced them to throw a few times and they scored once from the 1 in two plays. That's prett good for a crappy passing team. I don't think that was Shuffler recieving either. Each week should get harder, but until someone stops them don't bash a team averaging about 45 a game in the playoffs and giving up an average of 4 in the playoffs. Yes they can be beat. But, no team has posted the same type of scores and stats and we are very proud. FINISH!

"Fulton forced them to throw a few times and they scored once from the 1 in two plays. That's prett good for a crappy passing team. I don't think that was Shuffler recieving either."

Shuff was on the recieving end of the second pass for a TD. Thorton caught the first pass of that drive.

I agree that Shuffler isn't the only 'real' threat in our recieving core. I personally think Kelby is more of a threat than Shuffler. Any of our guys can make a catch when needed. There just hasn't been many opportunities because the running game has worked quite well.

Edited by GvilleDevils85

"Fulton forced them to throw a few times and they scored once from the 1 in two plays. That's prett good for a crappy passing team. I don't think that was Shuffler recieving either."

Shuff was on the recieving end of the second pass for a TD. Thorton caught the first pass of that drive.

I agree that Shuffler isn't the only 'real' threat in our recieving core. I personally think Kelby is more of a threat than Shuffler. Any of our guys can make a catch when needed. There just hasn't been many opportunities because the running game has worked quite well.

Sandoval was the man last night...

I've seen Greeneville throw many a successful bubble screen this year. Yes, mostly to Shuffler, but they do have a few deep threats. Sandoval, Wilson, and Hollowell have come up on some then end of some big plays too. Wilson had one against your Falcons I do believe.

If Greeneville slaps Maplewood early, I think the Panthers get sloppy like they are have said to done in the past. Greeneville plays mistake free football and wins this. Closer than their other victories but a victory nonetheless.

I believe Stewart threw a couple to Carmichael early in the season as well...

Maplewood has team speed. In fact, most Metro Nashville teams have team speed. So seeing a team with speed will be nothing new to them. To beat the Panthers a team needs to execute well on offense and defense. Maplewood also plays sloppy at times, getting penalties and the like. So an even average team can have a good chance at beating them if their not on their game. The Panther's defense has been the best in years this season, though. So they've been able to win games (scoring on turnovers) even when the offense gets sloppy.

I haven't seen a sloppy game from Greeneville since week 1...and a VERY DISCIPLINED defense.

wow ...guess the panthers should be worried

..david & goliath!!!! ...and david was no devil ...this will be a good game ....if you guys are looking past maplewood.... its going to be a real mistake ..

... i saw a totally different panther team last night

... one that dl had no answers for ...if they play like this friday ... they will be tough to contain.. can't. wait.... woooooo!!! (in my ric flare voice )

wow ...guess the panthers should be worried

..david & goliath!!!! ...and david was no devil ...this will be a good game ....if you guys are looking past maplewood.... its going to be a real mistake ..

... i saw a totally different panther team last night

... one that dl had no answers for ...if they play like this friday ... they will be tough to contain.. can't. wait.... woooooo!!! (in my ric flare voice )

We are not players. We are fans. We are proud of our boys. Personally, I know absolutely nothing about Maplewood other than what I have read on here. I hope it is an injury free game and I hope Greeneville wins. I'm gonna make it early this week. BTW, I've been wrong every week.

Greeneville 35

Maplewood - 14

Good luck.

FINISH!!!!!!

I'm not a basher, but I am a greeneville fan. You guys always post about Greeneville's weakness in the passing if you stop the run. No one really knows how good the passing is because no one has really made them throw it that much. My predictions have been much lower than everyone else. I think I said 45-7 week 1, 42-21 week two, and last week I said 38-10 or whatever but doesn't matter. Fulton forced them to throw a few times and they scored once from the 1 in two plays. That's prett good for a crappy passing team. I don't think that was Shuffler recieving either. Each week should get harder, but until someone stops them don't bash a team averaging about 45 a game in the playoffs and giving up an average of 4 in the playoffs. Yes they can be beat. But, no team has posted the same type of scores and stats and we are very proud. FINISH!

People post about weaknesses when a fanbase needs to come down to earth and get their heads out of the clouds...thinking that their team is one of high school history's greatest.

Man, you guys have some serious sensitivity issues. This is in no way a "bashing," as you put it. Just one man's football analysis (of strengths and weaknesses). GVille is a quality team, but Dont expect everyone to just fall all over themselves about how great the devils are, bc they are far from one of the best teams from this area in recent history.

BTW, Fulton played 2 Sophomores and a Freshman DB the entire game vs GVille. Playing Man coverage, at some point in the game that had to catch up to them.

I am still not sure why they have to make a road trip to Maplewood being that they are the overall Number 1 seed, but that is the T$$AA for you.

Let me explain it to you: "In Division I, the higher seeded team shall be the host school. If the two schools are the same seed, in odd-numbered years the top team in each bracket shall be the host team. In even-numbered years the bottom team in each bracket shall be the host team." (TSSAA)

Both Greeneville & Maplewood are #1. This is an even-number year (2010). Maplewood is the bottom team in the bracket. The game is played at Maplewood.

Have a good trip.