Greeneville @ Maplewood Semifinals

DevilMan03

Game?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Game?

• Devils
    • Panthers

wow ...guess the panthers should be worried

..david & goliath!!!! ...and david was no devil ...this will be a good game ....if you guys are looking past maplewood.... its going to be a real mistake ..

... i saw a totally different panther team last night

... one that dl had no answers for ...if they play like this friday ... they will be tough to contain.. can't. wait.... woooooo!!! (in my ric flare voice )

I can assure you that Greeneville isn't overlooking Maplewood. Coach Ballard and the boys have been telling everyone that they are taking it one game at a time. Our DL has played well all season long and they are definately up to the challenge.

I think this is going to be one of the toughest games that we have played this year but I'm still pulling for the Devils..

Let's finish !!!

I can assure you that Greeneville isn't overlooking Maplewood. Coach Ballard and the boys have been telling everyone that they are taking it one game at a time. Our DL has played well all season long and they are definately up to the challenge.

I think this is going to be one of the toughest games that we have played this year but I'm still pulling for the Devils..

Let's finish !!!

spoken like a true fan.... i feel the same way about my team!! panthers keep it rolling!! tough game ahead either way... should be one of the hardest games for both teams this season... great match up ...looking to forward to a good game ... 2007 panthers shocked many teams and went to the gold game ...this one can do the same!! Edited by boski

About the whole thing of stoping greenevilles run it can be done. just ask giles they know all about that from last year spardlin had a terrible game in the championship last year. Alot of devils fans were complaining about the refs but hey they do there best. the point is the spradlin likes to run with the ball untucked. He has done alot better this year keeping it tucked but I have seen games were the other teams D dont notice that he doesnt allways keep the ball tucked. untucked ball= forced fumble and thats what giles did last year.Now for willie carmichael this past friday agaisnt gibbs when he was being blitzed was becoming very skidish in his process thinking on the play at hand. but then he started basically doing a wildcat sceme and gibbs quit blitzing. What maplewood needs to do most of the game is send 2 linebackers in a drop 1 back in coverage. The other thing is greeneville hasnt really faced a team with good passing now I dont know too much about maplewood but ruuning 2 downs and passing 1 is not gonna get it done on greeneville there secondary is not as good as the rest of the defense trust me on that. If maplewood plays a one dimenstional game they will get beat. good luck too both teams. :)

Edited by BLACKknight28

Let's finish !!!

About the whole thing of stoping greenevilles run it can be done. just ask giles they know all about that from last year spardlin had a terrible game in the championship last year. Alot of devils fans were complaining about the refs but hey they do there best. the point is the spradlin likes to run with the ball untucked. He has done alot better this year keeping it tucked but I have seen games were the other teams D dont notice that he doesnt allways keep the ball tucked. untucked ball= forced fumble and thats what giles did last year.Now for willie carmichael this past friday agaisnt gibbs when he was being blitzed was becoming very skidish in his process thinking on the play at hand. but then he started basically doing a wildcat sceme and gibbs quit blitzing. What maplewood needs to do most of the game is send 2 linebackers in a drop 1 back in coverage. The other thing is greeneville hasnt really faced a team with good passing now I dont know too much about maplewood but ruuning 2 downs and passing 1 is not gonna get it done on greeneville there secondary is not as good as the rest of the defense trust me on that. If maplewood plays a one dimenstional game they will get beat. good luck too both teams. :)

Dang with all these desk-chair coaches knowing how to beat Greeneville, you'd think somebody would have done it by now. Gibbs bought into the whole "Spradlin likes to run the ball untucked" and spent so much time trying to strip the ball they neglected to TACKLE HIM. Ben Winters was a pretty darn good passing QB(4900+career yards for Fulton) but he had noone open to throw to...the coverage was good. Both you and Fultonpride keep bringing up last year like this is the same team that played in the Championship game last year. Bigger, faster, smarter and more disciplined... I think Ballard and his staff are very good at studying tape and formulating a game plan. They have shown themselves capable of making adjustments as necessary. This team will be ready for their trip to Nashville. Looking forward to a good game....I hope this time we get one.

Dang with all these desk-chair coaches knowing how to beat Greeneville, you'd think somebody would have done it by now. Gibbs bought into the whole "Spradlin likes to run the ball untucked" and spent so much time trying to strip the ball they neglected to TACKLE HIM. Ben Winters was a pretty darn good passing QB(4900+career yards for Fulton) but he had noone open to throw to...the coverage was good. Both you and Fultonpride keep bringing up last year like this is the same team that played in the Championship game last year. Bigger, faster, smarter and more disciplined... I think Ballard and his staff are very good at studying tape and formulating a game plan. They have shown themselves capable of making adjustments as necessary. This team will be ready for their trip to Nashville. Looking forward to a good game....I hope this time we get one.

Barb, you really need to starting reading posts more closely, and stop making all these false generalization.

All references to 09 were in regard to Whites Creeks self-induced offensive problems last year. Every other point I brought up was about the current group.

Once again, as stated earlier, GVille has the team that could and should win it all and has to be one of the favorites in 4A...but, believe it or not, there are some things opponents can do to cause them problems. My comments were merely commentary for Maplewood and Middle TN fans about the match-up from an outsiders perspective.

People post about weaknesses when a fanbase needs to come down to earth and get their heads out of the clouds...thinking that their team is one of high school history's greatest.

Man, you guys have some serious sensitivity issues. This is in no way a "bashing," as you put it. Just one man's football analysis (of strengths and weaknesses). GVille is a quality team, but Dont expect everyone to just fall all over themselves about how great the devils are, bc they are far from one of the best teams from this area in recent history.

BTW, Fulton played 2 Sophomores and a Freshman DB the entire game vs GVille. Playing Man coverage, at some point in the game that had to catch up to them.

I think you're hearing what you want to hear too. Yes there are Devil fans that think they're the greatest. I'm sure there is a Cowboys fan still out there that thinks Dallas is still the best team in the NFL. That's what fans do. Most Greeneville fans know that if they had to get through Alcoa or Maryville this year that it might be a bit more difficult. However, no one in 4A football is doing what Greeneville is doing right now, at this moment in time. So yes, fans are going to talk and think they can't be beat. Evey team has strengths and weaknesses. However, Greeneville's weaknesses are stronger than a lot of teams strengths. It is going to take a good, sound football team to beat the Devils. Let their fans talk a good game and stop calling them sensitive. They're fans, and they're going to back their team up, no matter what.

And the Fulton secondary thing, sounds like an excuse to me. All I can say is 35-0. Greeneville scored on the ground, through the air, and didn't give up a single point.

Barb, you really need to starting reading posts more closely, and stop making all these false generalization.

All references to 09 were in regard to Whites Creeks self-induced offensive problems last year. Every other point I brought up was about the current group.

Once again, as stated earlier, GVille has the team that could and should win it all and has to be one of the favorites in 4A...but, believe it or not, there are some things opponents can do to cause them problems. My comments were merely commentary for Maplewood and Middle TN fans about the match-up from an outsiders perspective.

I am aware that there are teams that can cause us problems....Gibbs caused us problems...if Conley had been half the coach that Ballard was, especially with play-calling and clock management, this might have been a better ballgame. Kicking short, passing on 4th down...heck he went for it on 4th down and seconds left when they could have kicked a FG and had some momentum going into the second half. And his Les Miles clock management was just plain dumb. Andy Hibbett was as advertised and all Greeneville could do was keep him from breaking the big run. The triple-option is a great offense as long as your QB can run it and he was great...unfortunately, the Gibbs back-up couldn't. This was clearly a team that hadn't been smacked much this season and I don't think they were mentally prepared for it. I really think Conley thought if they could string us out for 3 quarters, we'd run outta steam...didn't happen. I believe ifRollins had played Hibbett would have been better contained.However even with 230+ yards, he didn't get the one that counted...not a single TD.

"Gibbs caused us problems". Uh-oh. If Gibbs, who barely beat a 7-5 Scott County (1-4 in district play) gave Greeneville problems, I think I'd be real careful about putting it in writing that you think you're the best in the state, regardless of class.

Greeneville is going to have their hands full this Friday...having to play after a long bus ride to Nashville plus not having home field advantage. I would think it's going to be a good game...down to the wire.

That having been said: G'ville: represent E. Tn. well, and good luck to both teams.