Coalfield vs. South Pittsburg

Roy Dillard

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South Pitt will win this one BIG, even wider margin of victory than last years semi final game against GCA (if you guys want it to be, and I hope you do). Coalfield doesn't have the speed to keep up, just as we didn't last year. Coalfield is a good 1A team, but this one ends under the mercy rule, just like last year. I'll be watching the title game, hope you guys can finish it this year. Good luck to the Pirates.

Have you talked to the S.P players about Coalfield? I doubt that any of those 16 or 17 year old kids no anything about a team they have never played before. I remember the last time Coalfield came to The Pitt. I believe it was 1998 and The Eddie Moore Show. Can't remember the exact score but it was rough for Coalfield that night. Of course S.P doesnt have an Eddie Moore this season. Those guys don't come around often.

My statement was going on SP's reputation vs Coalfield's. Not in a bad way. Meaning SP's tremendous success vs. Coalfield's lack there of over the last several years. I don't for a second think they'll over look Coalfield. SP is to good to do that. I just think the players for SP may be expecting a lesser opponent than they will see. When they see it they will still over power it. This one won't be close. I just expect the conversations between some of SP's players after the game to have a "man that #so & so was tougher, faster, stronger, better than I thought he would be" kinda tone to it. I'm not saying they will be actual competition for the Pirates, just better than expected.

Edited by downanddistance

South Pitt will win this one BIG, even wider margin of victory than last years semi final game against GCA (if you guys want it to be, and I hope you do). Coalfield doesn't have the speed to keep up, just as we didn't last year. Coalfield is a good 1A team, but this one ends under the mercy rule, just like last year. I'll be watching the title game, hope you guys can finish it this year. Good luck to the Pirates.

I was at that game last year,i believe it will be a little worse than your outcome.These guys from SP just seem to get better every year. Good luck to both teams. :thumb:

I remenmber a Coalfield Team came to Beene stadium one year and we knew we would win... we got lit up for 32 points with th ebest high school qb ive ever seen. the first play of the 3rd quarter we broke his arm and we won 35 -32. that being said it wont happen this year. But Pirates keep ya head on straight. this is the semi finals. they are a good team or they wouldnt be were they are...