Coalfield vs. South Pittsburg

Roy Dillard

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as a wartburg fan and having played coalfield i can say this they have a steady offense that mixes it up quite well solid running back and excellent qb and very good receiver and tight end defensively they are stingy and tough fundamental football very few mistakes well coached but i say south pitt 42 coalfield 13 no match for the sp future champions

Copper Basin ran a three man front the first half bringIng very little pressure & they got lit up. Second half they started bringing heat & literally shut down Coalfields scoring. No points for them the second half. The QB sounded like he became almost a non factor once the heat was put on him. This was from what I understood listening to it on their local radio station on the web while at another game last night. Was looking for Wartburg / Boyd but this game was on first.

I think Coalfield will be a little tougher than the SP players are expecting but still no match. Pirates win big with their starters cuttin' their tape off early.

Edited by downanddistance

Coalfield has a very strong, smart, well coached team but I don't think they will have anything for SP this year. Coalfield is bring back the entire team next year and Grace Christian is moving up to 2A so this might be a good preview of things to come next November.

Bad thing for you all is very few (if any) Coalfield fans post on Coach T so it's gonna be a pretty one-sided week. Happy Thansgiving to all and I hope you guys have a good week of preparation. Congrats to both team's on making it to the semi-finals.

I think Coalfield will be a little tougher than the SP players are expecting but still no match. Pirates win big with their starters cuttin' their tape off early.

Have you talked to the S.P players about Coalfield? I doubt that any of those 16 or 17 year old kids no anything about a team they have never played before. I remember the last time Coalfield came to The Pitt. I believe it was 1998 and The Eddie Moore Show. Can't remember the exact score but it was rough for Coalfield that night. Of course S.P doesnt have an Eddie Moore this season. Those guys don't come around often.