SP vs JB for the Gold

powerp

Congrats Pirates. Power, size, and speed is hard to beat.

I got to meet Mountain Troll, Seven and Snoball, Pirates Howie, Mike, and Tom (and talked to another annonymous pirate), and CoachT himself. Pretty cool day as far as metting folks goes and I hope it's not the last time our paths cross. Mountain spring water is...mmm, mmm, good!

Someone misspoke in a major way a few posts back about how JB would've been posting if we had won. You shouldn't ASSume. It's a shame that you've never seen a fan base that will win or lose with our heads up and with class like ours. But don't let my opinion of that sway you, just ask UC, mTp, McKenzie, WC, PC, and TC. I pick those teams because they are the one that have either ended JB's season or we have beaten deep into the playoffs here lately.

PowerP, I still think we had more folks on our side! :mrgreen:

JB folks are okay in my book! :thumb:

Congratulations to Jo Byrns on a great season. You guys went 13-1 and I would be willing to bet there is ALOT of other teams in the state that would be glad to trade places with you this morning. I enjoyed meeting alot of the coacht family out at the world's largest tailgate party before the game. Jo Byrns has alot of classy people. You guys know how to throw a tailgate that's for sure. Do you guys tailgate like that before every game?

As for the game itself. WOW. South Pittsburg was definitely the superior team in 1A this season. To go into a state championship game and mercy rule an undefeated football team is truly extraordinary. I believe this South Pittsburg team continued to work and improve throughout the season. They overcame several injuries at key positions during the season to find a way to get it done AGAIN. The west side of Tennessee must have been really down this season. I am already looking forward to the 2011 season. I bought a program yesterday and noticed that the pirates have 7 starters back on defense and 5 on offense. Those starters along with some other very talented youngsters only makes the future look brighter.

Congrats Pirates. Power, size, and speed is hard to beat.

I got to meet Mountain Troll, Seven and Snoball, Pirates Howie, Mike, and Tom (and talked to another annonymous pirate), and CoachT himself. Pretty cool day as far as metting folks goes and I hope it's not the last time our paths cross. Mountain spring water is...mmm, mmm, good!

Someone misspoke in a major way a few posts back about how JB would've been posting if we had won. You shouldn't ASSume. It's a shame that you've never seen a fan base that will win or lose with our heads up and with class like ours. But don't let my opinion of that sway you, just ask UC, mTp, McKenzie, WC, PC, and TC. I pick those teams because they are the one that have either ended JB's season or we have beaten deep into the playoffs here lately.

PowerP, I still think we had more folks on our side! :mrgreen:

JB folks, we can renew the banter for the 2011 season in 8 months! :thumb:

Also, see my post from yesterday.

earlier Post

Scroll to 1436

Edited by rlh

I don't know what game you were at but SP's crowd was 2-1 over JB's. I asked a person down on the field after the game what he estimated the crowd at and he said SP side had about 3500-4000 and jb was around 2500,that's from him and I say that was about right. Also we taped the game and SP's side was about packed out and JB's side on both end's was pretty empty so like I say I don't know what you were looking at. Must have had a red bull with some intoxicating drink in it before the game.

you are nuts if you think your side was full. One whole side ofyalls was filled with another football team. You guys had the two middle sections packed down, but other then that your crowd was very spread out. Im watching right now and JB had over 4 secionts completely packed down. By the way each side held 8,000 people so you are crazy if you think JB didnt have that place over halfway filled. THis is something completely retarded to argue about, but dont get your feelings hurt bc you didnt bring the crowd that we did.

Let me ask you a question. I went to Save A Lot this morning and someone their told me that Grider had a big parade last night and this morning for those boys and he didn't even put that on WEPG. I garuntee you this is a bunch of mess. I rode that durn bus of Griders and paid double and Grider did not even tell me about his celebration parades. What kind of mess is that?

Congratulations to Jo Byrns on a great season. You guys went 13-1 and I would be willing to bet there is ALOT of other teams in the state that would be glad to trade places with you this morning. I enjoyed meeting alot of the coacht family out at the world's largest tailgate party before the game. Jo Byrns has alot of classy people. You guys know how to throw a tailgate that's for sure. Do you guys tailgate like that before every game?

As for the game itself. WOW. South Pittsburg was definitely the superior team in 1A this season. To go into a state championship game and mercy rule an undefeated football team is truly extraordinary. I believe this South Pittsburg team continued to work and improve throughout the season. They overcame several injuries at key positions during the season to find a way to get it done AGAIN. The west side of Tennessee must have been really down this season. I am already looking forward to the 2011 season. I bought a program yesterday and noticed that the pirates have 7 starters back on defense and 5 on offense. Those starters along with some other very talented youngsters only makes the future look brighter.

:roflol: :roflol: Bahahaha :thumb:

:roflol: :roflol: Bahahaha :thumb:

That's right TT99. I even found an extra Blue Cross Bowl program if you would like to have one. You need to get that plus subscription going too. Continue to play nice and everyone gets to have a Merry Christmas. :thumb:

I hope S.P. played up to your standards yesterday. Aint but one thing better than a state championship and that's an undefeated state championship so these boys need to keep working to get one of those like you have.

Im still mad about not knowing about this parade that Grider had last night and this morning. I get a Jasper journal and a Hustler and it was not in their either. They did not say anything about it on WEPG. What kind of mess is that? That Hale boy had a real good game yesterday. I garuntee you that he wore his ankle weights this week, because he was real fast and strong. I saw him run over some of those Joe Byrns boys. Our boys can celebrate this weekend, but come Monday it is back to business. Grider better have those boys lifting weights for next year so we will not get weak again. Those Joe Byrns boys have alot of boys back and if we slack off they will beat us next year. You think im joking but im not.

That's right TT99. I even found an extra Blue Cross Bowl program if you would like to have one. You need to get that plus subscription going too. Continue to play nice and everyone gets to have a Merry Christmas. :thumb:

I hope S.P. played up to your standards yesterday. Aint but one thing better than a state championship and that's an undefeated state championship so these boys need to keep working to get one of those like you have.

Man I sure wish Santa would get me a plus membership!! He don't come around anymore...Lol what's this mess about a undefeated season? Haha I think u partied too hard after winning yesterday...TrainTracks fell short on the Creekbank...Thanks for reminding me though :thumb: