Greeneville vs. Trezevant

sportsfan93

Good Luck Greene Devils! I hope they can bring home the gold. They have a fantastic shot and I hope they are ready to play Saturday!

And why all the hate from Alcoa? I would feel honored to have a program like Alcoa or Maryville and have everyone in the state wanting to have a program such as that. Noone can argue with success and those two schools are very successful. I think most Greeneville fans would absolutely love to win A gold ball, then maybe another but dang I would hope that everyone in the Eastern part of the state would be rooting for each other. And it is not like they are bitter rivals either. Could Greeneville beat Alcoa THIS year? Maybe, Maybe Not but one thing is for sure.....................we are never gonna know for sure are we?

Good Luck At The Championships To Alcoa, Greeneville, & Maryville Hope all three bring home the gold!

I tend to agree with that statement. Wasn't he the guy who voted Elizabethton #1 in the AP polls every week last year? Also what is his definition of a true statewide playoff system? Did he mean that it wasn't a true statewide playoff system until they started allowing all of the 6-4 and 5-5 teams to play? Elizabethton, Mo' East and Tennessee all won state titles by playing the game on the field in a, you guessed it, statewide playoff system. He surely didn't mean it geographically unless he's ignorant of football history in the state, the state borders, or both. Mo'East beat a Memphis team to win it, but I guess the state line extended all the way to Little Rock way back then. :rolleyes: I mention those accomplishments because it is a rarity for NET teams to even make it to the state championship game much less win one. Since '72 only three NET teams have made state championship appearances in football. Cloudland in '01, Mo' West (if you count them as NET) in '03, and Greeneville in '09. Zero came away with a win and two of those games were lopsided.

Anyway, good luck Devils against Trezevant. Hopefully you can win the Gold Ball.

Someone from Bristol might be offended with that comment...I don't know what the situation was playoff wise before 72. But Bristol (Tennessee High) had back to back state championships in 72 and 73 with an Associated Press National Championship in 72 ..winning the State championship game 52-0. Morristown won it in 1969 while there was still only one Morristown school no East or West. Someone check my facts because I'm just going from memory. What was the state playoff system prior to '72? I remember in the 70's some sort of point system to qualify. Someone give us some facts.

Trezevant fans or others,

Who are the stand outs for the Bears? I heard they have great speed... What type offence do they run? Who can give us what to look for come Saturday...

As far as Maplewood.. Nice people, loved the announcer, good game... Congrats to Maplewood on a great season!!!

Go GREENE....

Forgot this.... GO WILLIE FOR MR FOOTBALL....

Edited by greene4747

next year dylan lobrillo will be taking either william carmichaels spot at QB or bj spradlins spot at RB! He is a transfer from WV and last year as a soph. he had almost 4,000 all-purpose yards. He missed his junior year here at greeneville because of transferring too late. We have BIG expectations from this young man! see ya next year Alcoa. GO DEVILS!!!

I don't usually post on these, but I was curious about this. I know somebody who is a senior at GHS and they said this Dylan LoBrillo kid moved to Greenville in 1st grade. I also looked him up on prepxtra and he had one rush for 3 yds against Grainger.

I don't usually post on these, but I was curious about this. I know somebody who is a senior at GHS and they said this Dylan LoBrillo kid moved to Greenville in 1st grade. I also looked him up on prepxtra and he had one rush for 3 yds against Grainger.

TRUE someone made an account as a joke and put his name everywhere

Tanner Stewart will be the quarterback from Greeneville next year, and with almost their entire team coming back, I think they will be just as good. Tanner can actually run AND pass. He is a very good QUARTERBACK where as Willy is just basically a runner. I cant wait to see the GHS team NEXT YEAR when they are basically just as fast and even bigger, stronger, and faster. Why is no one on here talking about the three best athletes that are juniors?? Terrell Rollins and Jamel Hall and Taylor Schuffler. The heart of Greeneville's team are juniors and sophomores, and yes, I will be at the game on Saturday and cheering for the Devils who should handily beat this lackluster team from Memphis, but next year, there will be no downfall from this amazing team, either.

In fact, Terrell and Jamel are both getting major looks from big-time schools such as Ole Miss, Louisville, and Virginia Tech. This is best defensive tackle and defensive end for the Devils... Greeneville will dominate this state championship, and these two boys, a long with the entire team of playmakers, will show up big. BIG GREENEVILLE WIN