3A Championship Alcoa v. Goodpasture

Some people just don't belong...-Judge Smails  

125 members have voted

1. 1. The winner is....

• Champions (Alcoa)
    • Country Club (Goodpasture)
    • Just don't care....OR Hope Alcoa loses, but don't really like Goodpasture either.

Here is an interpretation of what you are saying: When we played Alcoa, It Shoulda been the State Championship, If we coulda got past them, we Woulda beat anyone from the west. I guess we will never know cause you couldn't beat alcoa, therefore you shouldn't run your mouth about who you wouldn't beat from the west.Last time I checked Alcoa won the state Championship as an individual team. As far as I know it wasn't an all star team from over there. But if you need to jump on their coat tails to have a moral victory. Then so be it. Get past Alcoa meet a team at Cookeville and then you don't have to run your mouth. MaybeAlcoa will give you one of its Gold balls to make room in their trophy case for another one that they won by beating yall about 14 times in the past 7 years....lol inferiority complex. :roflolk: ugly step sister :ph34r:

We would ride Alcoas coat tails but we find it more comfy in our motor coaches. :lol: The Tornadoes have earned the right to speak, and they are the ones that said the state championship was against CAK, I was merely echoing their appraisal of ETN 3A football verses the best of the rest. Of course I agree with them, but Milan fans obviously don't agree, no big deal. But I'll debate you on this some other day. This thread belongs to congratulating Alcoa.

Edited by FootballDad

Maybe you missed it, but many of the people commenting on when the championship game was played are not from CAK. Bottom line is this. Whatever round any 3A team played Alcoa this year, that was as far as they were going to go. If Alcoa had played GP in round 1, they would have been out at round one, but that wouldn't make them a 1st round caliber team. The fact is that there are several teams in the east that were better that GP. That's not a slam on GP or the west. Next year it may be the opposite. But since the east teams didn't face the west teams, the best measuring stick there is is how GP, champion of the west stacked up against Alcoa. So why don't you ask the Alcoa posters who have seen GP and ________fill in the blank their opinion. Or are you afraid of what you'll hear? (Hint, grab a box of Kleenex first.)

If you are a fan of football then you know that different people match up differently. If Alcoa wants to say it then let them say it. You can also ask them who has given them their best Games in the Championship games and I can prolly guess who they will say. The funny part is that you are begging for second....That is funny right there. OHHHHHH PLEASE LET ME BE SECOND.....hahahaha. :roflol::roflolk::rolleyes:

What will hurt Alcoa the most is it doesnt appear they will have a bruiser back like Tyson and Warren are. Either #44, #25 or #21 will have to step up to fill that role. #6 and #81 will probably be your go to guys in the WR position. I think we're up for a great off season battle for the QB position. #3 has controlled the 2nd string and JV offense all year long and looks prime to take over. He's also more of the "type" of QB Alcoa uses in their system. A few eyes will be on #17 as well. The key for him this off season is to get bigger. #3 has the legs/mobility but #17 has the arm and field presence. One key will be if #3 can stay healthy. He's done well so far but has missed time do to injury in the past few years. Some have mentioned if he could hold up physically to the pounding like #16 took this year. I expect the D to be solid as well as the offensive line. They may or may not be "up to par" to this year but they'll def be ready to play on friday nights. Alcoa can easily go 4-6 next year with 5 tough non district games and CAK. They can also easily go 15-0 and take another trip to Cookeville for 8 in a row. We're going to find out if these F5's are ready to cement their name in history or not!!! :thumb:

I trust these coaches to get the up and coming team ready.I bet that starts tomorrow.These guys never rest.They will play to what ever there strength's are.they may be some closer games next year,but if we are in it at the end of regular season.I can see us at the ship next December.

If you are a fan of football then you know that different people match up differently. If Alcoa wants to say it then let them say it. You can also ask them who has given them their best Games in the Championship games and I can prolly guess who they will say. The funny part is that you are begging for second....That is funny right there. OHHHHHH PLEASE LET ME BE SECOND.....hahahaha. :roflol::roflolk::rolleyes:

This year's CAK team is the best 3A/2A team Alcoa has played since 04 Huntingdon. Sorry if that's not what you want to hear but Ive been to every game and the only 2 games I feared were 04 Huntingdon and CAK.

If you are a fan of football then you know that different people match up differently. If Alcoa wants to say it then let them say it. You can also ask them who has given them their best Games in the Championship games and I can prolly guess who they will say. The funny part is that you are begging for second....That is funny right there. OHHHHHH PLEASE LET ME BE SECOND.....hahah

No, actually if you reread the CAK posts and your thinly veiled posts, it is obvious that you are whining th_smileyvault-cute-big-smiley-animated-011.gif?t=1284480510 that you're not even in the mix. Nice straw argument. No one said Milan didn't give Alcoa a better match up last year than anyone else has in the championship game. So you can accuse us of claiming second and I'll point out that you're hanging on to last year. Now that's pathetic. It's okay! Milan was the 2nd best team in 3A last year (seriously.) Maybe you can be second again next year.th_EmoticonWhineViolin.gif

Edited by Govolsknox

I trust these coaches to get the up and coming team ready.I bet that starts tomorrow.These guys never rest.They will play to what ever there strength's are.they may be some closer games next year,but if we are in it at the end of regular season.I can see us at the ship next December.

We have an amazing coaching staff. While Im the first one to come to my Head Coaches defense because of what he's taught me on and off the field, I would have loved to have Nix,Duncan,Gossett(sp?) and Rankin on my coaching staff back when I played. Talking to Duncan Thursday Night, the coaching staff feels the future is still very promising with the Tornadoes. These men are doing everything right with our boys.

I think now you probably have an idea of what those of us who have seen the Tornadoes up close and personal were saying. Alcoa may very well be the best team in the state regardless of division this year. What you may not realize is that GP only got about a 1/3 dose of D. Warren #1. As good as #29 is, as good as #2 is, they are not in the same league as #1. It appears that Rankin did not feel the need to run Warren nearly the quantity of times that he ran in a couple of other games. He is a man. I don't claim to be an expert, but Warren looks like D1 material at RB to me. The physical way he runs, coupled with a guy who is 6-2 225 pounds, running behind the best line in the state and a 235 pound fullback is really something in HS football, and especially in 3A football. It is fortunate that he didn't carry the ball 25 - 30 times tonight.

(just saw FBD's post above, and all I can say is, "great minds think alike.")

Govolsknox we appreciate the kind words about the Tornadoes. Warren is a great player and athlete. Rankin had said earlier in the year that the 5td 4 sack game against Cak was the best high school performance he had ever seen. The last time he said anything like that about anyone it was Randall Cobb. We know how that turned out. I'm sure he will get an offer from a D1 school. He will not be the last on this team. This Alcoa offense is probably the best I have ever seen and there's been some good ones. There is not really any weaknesses but maybe too many penalties. <_<

The best teams were Brentwood academy,huntington and union city.

No, actually if you reread the CAK posts and your posts, it is obvious that you are whining that you're not even in the mix. Nice straw argument. No one said Milan didn't give Alcoa a better match up last year than anyone else has in the championship game. So you can accuse us of claiming second and I'll point out that you're hanging on to last year. Now that's pathetic. It's okay! Milan was the 2nd best team in 3A last year (seriously.) Maybe you can be second again next year. :bored::roflol::roflolk::rolleyes:

Here Is all I am Saying. If we are fortunate enough to ever return to a state game then come get some. Instead of just sitting in the background and saying well we coulda beat them make us #2. CAK has a great team but they do not know how they match up against anyone that they do not play. I dont care if Alcoa says it or Murphy Fair. Let Alcoa have their thread and if you want we can start a CAK is great because they played Alcoa close this year Thread.