Centennial,Ravenwood or Summit?

hardtackle

Seriously?

Dude, I don't hang out in CoachT often, never post (As you can tell)..until I get a text from a close coaching friend asking if I am Taco on CoachT! I had to click back through this mess to find out what was going on...what a waste of my time.

You guys out there that know me, know for a fact it ain't me, and that is all that matters.

You guys have your "fun", but leave me the heck out of it!

Eubanks

Coach,

Sorry that my postings are causing you problems.

To all, I am not Coach Eubanks, but I would love to be his age again.

I get my information from connections that are not only at the coaching level, but also beyond. I am sure I know things I shouldnt and that makes it seem like I have inside information. I do, but its not because I am on the inside. Its because I have good contacts, I pay attention, and I have better memory than someone my age is entitled to.

jcraig, didn't you say in a post that Cane Ridge isn't successful because of the kids? That the coaches are great and work hard but the kids just don't care/put in the work? Not exactly the comments I'd be making if I was politicing for every open job on a FAN site and then turn around and blame it on those kids I was there for, then again, I wouldn't be politicing on a fan site but to each his own...

Is Ravenwood going to reopen the search or are they going to go back through the initial applicants? I, like I'm sure many, was shocked that they gave it to the initial coach in that he didn't seem to have much success where he was originally at. May be a good job for a coordinator from another school (as long as the admin. isn't as crazy as many say), at this point what do you have to loss?

The kids had not had a senior class to look up to and when I came in had no work ethic. Now after seeing how some of the upper classman failed to work hard and could not accomplish the goals set by the team. These kids have come together and push themselves everyday in the weight room and in the classroom and I am proud of them. Next years team has learned from others mistakes and is ready to play at the varsity level and have a winning season.

How many names do you have on here since you just made this 2 hours ago. I have nothing to hide. The kids at ravenwood need a coach and everyone else keeps saying how horrible it is over there with bad admin., drugs, etc so dont try to dog me for stepping up to the plate with the will and desire to teach and coach those kids the game I love. By the way anyone can coach football but not anyone can coach Metro football and once you have you can say you have just about been through every possible challenge that a coach can go through on and off the field. There is nothing left to be said on this topic but "Who will the next coach be?"

Edited by jcraigp23

The kids had not had a senior class to look up to and when I came in had no work ethic. Now after seeing how some of the upper classman failed to work hard and could not accomplish the goals set by the team. These kids have come together and push themselves everyday in the weight room and in the classroom and I am proud of them. Next years team has learned from others mistakes and is ready to play at the varsity level and have a winning season.

How many names do you have on here since you just made this 2 hours ago. I have nothing to hide. The kids at ravenwood need a coach and everyone else keeps saying how horrible it is over there with bad admin., drugs, etc so dont try to dog me for stepping up to the plate with the will and desire to teach and coach those kids the game I love. By the way anyone can coach football but not anyone can coach Metro football and once you have you can say you have just about been through every possible challenge that a coach can go through on and off the field. There is nothing left to be said on this topic but "Who will the next coach be?"

JCraig - Love the excitement and the fact that you are hungry all the time. I don't know you and I doubt it would ever happen but I would coach with you. You have a love for the game and it sounds like that is what Ravenwood needs. Ravenwood needs someone who will overlook the administration that you all talk about and someone who will get these kids back on the right track. Good luck.

I'll throw out another name or two that have not been mentioned. Tate Thigpen from Overton has been an assistant there for a couple of years working with the wr/db. Like JCraig he wants to get his feet wet and has learned from a veteran coach on how to do things the right way. Maybe he could convince another Overton guy to come and be his assistant and take over baseball when Kirby leaves.

The other name is Woodward. He came from there and has done well at AHS. It would make the Centennial v Ravenwood game pretty interesting with Rector being there.

Neither name may be interested but they are worth mentioning. Good luck to Ravenwood finding a coach.

You know you actually have a good point. If you can coach in any metro school, coaching in a county school would be a breeze. Think if a metro coach didn't have to teach, paint the field, cut the grass, pick up the players, take home the players, wash the practice uniforms, wash the game uniforms, head fundraisers, spend their own funds, buy their own video equipment, run the concession stand, find the chain gang on Friday,and who knows what else. Then he has to find a littel time in there somewhere to coach football. And he's probably doing all of that with no budget. And not to mention a principal that doesn't know what the game of football is, could give a hoot about the game of football, or just plain won't support the coach.

Sounds like most head coaching jobs, metro, county or private, with just a few exceptions.

The other name is Woodward. He came from there and has done well at AHS. It would make the Centennial v Ravenwood game pretty interesting with Rector being there.

I spoke to Woodward when Ravenwood was open the first time. He is not going back and was pretty emphatic about it.

Seriously?

Dude, I don't hang out in CoachT often, never post (As you can tell)..until I get a text from a close coaching friend asking if I am Taco on CoachT! I had to click back through this mess to find out what was going on...what a waste of my time.

You guys out there that know me, know for a fact it ain't me, and that is all that matters.

You guys have your "fun", but leave me the heck out of it!

Eubanks

Coach...Real Men know your not Taco...not your style at all :popcorneater:

Hope everything is going well for you at Centennial :thumb:

Coach...Real Men know your not Taco...not your style at all :popcorneater:

Hope everything is going well for you at Centennial :thumb:

Sorry Hogan ,we do not believe you. Taco has done screwed up and all the CoachU crap will not cover up the mess he has made for himself. I hope for his sake he has a hard shell,because he will need it. Why are covering up for him anyway?

Edited by powercat

jcraig, from one coach to another (and trust me, I know what metro is and isn't from experience as well), what I am saying is bad mouthing kids is not good p.r. keep it in house and bite the bullet, rule 1 for a coach is that everyone in the stands can do it better than you, just nod your head and keep on keeping on, no need to rationalize to them or defend your job if they aren't pulling the purse strings. There are many people looking for that shot but plastering your own name on a message board isn't gonna get you there, keep your nose to the grindstone, throw in the applications, and improve where you are at. It just becomes cumbersome hearing how hungry you are all the time, we get it and appreciate the zeal but your opening yourself up. As for screen names this is my only one, sorry my choice of posting time offends you, best of luck in the future.

Beyond who the coach is, and refering back to metro, why is it that if/when a situation happens like this in metro the peanut gallery chimes in with how incompetent everyone is and how big of a joke it is but when its a wilco those same chimers hush up?

Are the parents going to back down to an assertive coach at Ravenwood or is the admin going to bend to parents? If the latter is true, then maybe this isn't a perfect spot for a young assistant as all the cards would be stacked against them (admin is something you cant change as a coach).

Taco has given us clues as to who he is. None of them point to Eubanks. Hogan, if you were hiring who would you choose. Maybe you should do it and bring RTB along too.

Taco is not Eubanks....for sure. Like Hogan said , not his style.

My hire would be a creepy crawling type that could unite RTB and Hogan and could bring Eubanks along for the ride :popcorneater: Might happen in the future :thumb:

Sorry Hogan ,we do not believe you. Taco has done screwed up and all the CoachU crap will not cover up the mess he has made for himself. I hope for his sake he has a hard shell,because he will need it. Why are covering up for him anyway?

Hogan does not speak with forked tongue...Taco is not Eubanks,you need to look in a different direction :popcorneater: