Multiplier Question

bulldawgs#1

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is all really interesting stuff. I didn't know about some of the schools having an open zone system in place. My kids go to GP (private). This is the way I look at it. You are going to have adversity in life and can't always get your way. All you can do is work harder, smarter and have faith in God. I don't see anything wrong with Alcoa or any other schools (Milan), yes they have open zone and we are private, but that's the way it is. Alcoa does not win time after time because of open zone. IT'S THEIR COACH AND STAFF. Coach Rankin does have talent, but he gets the best out of his players. I can say this because my mom worked at the school in Murfreesboro. She always spoke very highly of him and she does not have a clue about football. Now, would I be glad if open zone schools (Alcoa, ha) had a multiplier sure would, but if they don't it will just make us work harder and that can't hurt you in life.

I like the term "witch hunt" because this is exactly what it is.......

Maybe there are some Alcoa haters out there but to me it is simply a question of what is the fair rule and this one isn't. Alcoa would win regardless if they moved up---they have every combo of things you need (coach, numbers, tradition, athletes, support, etc.). By the way, Catholic tried the appeal on the multiplier (to reduce it) but that went no where. And yes, magnet schools should fall into the same category-if you can pull students from anywhere you should be treated the same.

Maybe there are some Alcoa haters out there but to me it is simply a question of what is the fair rule and this one isn't. Alcoa would win regardless if they moved up---they have every combo of things you need (coach, numbers, tradition, athletes, support, etc.). By the way, Catholic tried the appeal on the multiplier (to reduce it) but that went no where. And yes, magnet schools should fall into the same category-if you can pull students from anywhere you should be treated the same.

Today is not your day and the previous remark is stricken....

Sorry I was out of order too :oops: Got carried away. Yea, life isn't fair and that's what we tell our kids. But that doesnt' excuse TSSAA from making a bad rule.

Sorry APB, been out of town. I cannot add more fact than you have alreay laid out. Open zone is legal. Period. I am very disappointed to see this topic surface again. I will say I expected it. In fact, after the game Friday, I told my seat mates that the haters would be in full force this week. Unfortunately, these witch hunts have are nothing but an attempt to tarnish a great season for Alcoa and a great effort by a fine group of young men. But why one must ask?

CAK parents, as a lot, are well off highly successful people. They are very used to getting whatever they want in life. Either via hard work, family money, or political influence bought with their huge bank rolls, they have successfully achieved what they want throughout life. Yet a State Championship in football eludes them.

To be fair, CAK has tried to do it the right way first. Hire a top level coach, hire every former UT coach or player to coach you can find (BTW, do their kids attend CAK? Or do they get reduced or free tution in exchange for their annual services?) New facilities, top equipment and unis. You even bought a blow up helmet! Yet, the championship still eludes you. Someone must be breaking the rules!!

For all your well finanaced effort, you still cannot beat a lowly diverse public school with a median family income of less than $45K per year. Some of you hire personal trainers for your child. You buy the finest equipment, the best clothes and the finest athletic shoes. All this with great expectations of elite performance. But alas, your team still gets beat. Worse, you are getting beat by the common folk. You cannot let this stand! You deserve this! You have done everything money can buy!

You accepted it at first. You talked about how playing Alcoa had made you better, more physical and faster. You talked about closing the gap. And you did. You closed it, but never bridged it with some of your best teams ever.

It is quite clear what is happening here. You are beginning a grass roots campaign to get a rule change in place to get your overdue championship. You will get it. You will not be denied. I hope you get it. And when you do, look down at the ring on your kid's finger and remember this..... you changed the rules so you did not have to play the best anymore.

Edited by scots50

Here you go sweetheart...

milanssd.png

For further review...Milan OOZ poicy.

See you are only reading the first HALF of the policy!!! We have already said that SOME out of district students are allowed to attend MSSD when room is available. (Which for those of you not familiar with Milan, Milan has been "overcrowded" since the mid 90's.) However if you were to go and read the ENTIRE policy APB, Policy 6.2041, you would see the RESTRICTIONS that must be met even BEFORE you can apply as an out of district student.

And again, you have not shown ANYWHERE where it says that ANY student can attend MSSD, thus classifying Milan as CLOSED.

Now for you, BC, funny part....it was an ALCOA fan who started naming specific schools.

Not one post in this thread has denied Alcoa's greatness. However, somehow all you Alcoa fans twist and turn a simple timeless question of fairness into something all about you! I'm not nieve enough to think that the TSSAA is gonna run and change rules simply because of this thread, but isn't that where a thread is...somewhere a group of people can come and discuss issues? Well it was...until Alcoa fans had to come in and turn it into a "Wah...everyone hates us because we win...." fest!

See you are only reading the first HALF of the policy!!! We have already said that SOME out of district students are allowed to attend MSSD when room is available. (Which for those of you not familiar with Milan, Milan has been "overcrowded" since the mid 90's.) However if you were to go and read the ENTIRE policy APB, Policy 6.2041, you would see the RESTRICTIONS that must be met even BEFORE you can apply as an out of district student.

And again, you have not shown ANYWHERE where it says that ANY student can attend MSSD, thus classifying Milan as CLOSED.

Now for you, BC, funny part....it was an ALCOA fan who started naming specific schools.

Not one post in this thread has denied Alcoa's greatness. However, somehow all you Alcoa fans twist and turn a simple timeless question of fairness into something all about you! I'm not nieve enough to think that the TSSAA is gonna run and change rules simply because of this thread, but isn't that where a thread is...somewhere a group of people can come and discuss issues? Well it was...until Alcoa fans had to come in and turn it into a "Wah...everyone hates us because we win...." fest!

I did read, and like Alcoa non district students can attend. At Alcoa you must also meet criteria and apply. Space is also a factor.

Milan is not a closed district and if Alcoa had a multiplier so would Milan.

I'm not afraid, are you?

Well it is nearing midnight and I don't know if my case will hold water with the general public or not. I promised the CAK guys a debate and I followed through, with out malice, just using data that is available on the net. To the Milan sheep, I say, you are one of us weather you like it or not, the last two years Goodpasture fans have said the same thing about your school. You ARE open zone, no matter how you smother, cover, chunk, slice, dice, step on or puree it. Seems like there was a QB there who's residency was called into question if I remember well.

This is going to be my last post on CoachT...some have laughed, some have cussed, but all....ALL have checked in to see what the Bridge was gonna do next.

See you in five years when my bust is presented on Jim's Hall of Fame.

Now in 3....2....1.....

abomb.gif

Well it is nearing midnight and I don't know if my case will hold water with the general public or not. I promised the CAK guys a debate and I followed through, with out malice, just using data that is available on the net. To the Milan sheep, I say, you are one of us weather you like it or not, the last two years Goodpasture fans have said the same thing about your school. You ARE open zone, no matter how you smother, cover, chunk, slice, dice, step on or puree it. Seems like there was a QB there who's residency was called into question if I remember well.

This is going to be my last post on CoachT...some have laughed, some have cussed, but all....ALL have checked in to see what the Bridge was gonna do next.

Now in 3....2....1.....

abomb.gif

Say it ain't so APB.

Now in 3....2....1.....

abomb.gif

Why?